Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
- Mar 23, 2017
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
I don't think I need to introduce this plugin.
Its purpose is simple, but powerful.
Skipping (or rather closing, but you can skip them as well if you read too slowly ) messages automatically after certain time (or rather not necessarily waiting for the user to click it off).
Of course I didn't want to interfere with the default message window functionality, so I didn't remove the option to use your action button to close the message.
But now you can implement several things:
- close time variant on the amount of characters/spaces in the message text. Very useful for video recording and for dubbed messages!
- Minimal close time for special cases where the message is too short for the above case to be relevant.
- Time elapsed when the window is forced to close regardless of the amount of characters in the message. However, to not interfere with too long messages, this is active ONLY when the close time based on characters is 0!**
- Local settings for one message via escape tags. Read help for more info.
- Possibility to turn the plugin on and off via plugin commands, meaning you can turn it on for cutscenes and off for regular play!
I tried my best to make the plugin compatible with Yanfly message core, extMessagePacks and MessageMacros. However, I can't guarantee flawless compatibility. There are countless escape tags the program needs to convert, some of which generate words/characters that need to be kept, some of which don't and have to be removed to not artificially increase the length of a message. So it may cause slowdown of your game if you use them, especially in case of ExtMessagePack 2! I can remove these patches, but if I do, these plugins will cause artificial increase of the message length and would artificially increase the time per character. So for now I have opted to keep them in.
Get the plugin here
MIT license. Free for commercial and non-commercial use. Credits appreciated, but not mandatory. Sharing and editing allowed. Just don't steal my credit for the plugin!
Credits to Yanfly for the huge amounts of code I had to copy/convert for my plugin to be compatible with her plugins.
1.1.0 - fixed a bug where the message would stall after the time ran up if another message was to pop up afterwards