Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just as the name suggests, the plugin encodes your database files. Or in particular all JSON files it finds inside the data folder of your project. That means any JSON files that are outside of this folder (and hence any plugins that use them) are incompatible with this.
The purpose of it is simple, to make your database files human unreadable.

How to use:
1. turn on the plugin
2. launch the game in playtest mode
3. deploy the game
4. delete the base database files inside your deployed version (inside the /data folder), leave all the EncData files inside
5. That's all!

Terms of use:
MIT license

Find it here:
https://github.com/Poryg1/RPG-maker-MV-small-plugins

TenTranVN

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
RMMV
does is working on mobile ?

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The encoding should be done on PC, but the thing should work even on mobile.

TenTranVN

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The encoding should be done on PC, but the thing should work even on mobile.
Put simply, this plugin only encrypts data from the data directory. Is there any way to encrypt the plugin directory as well?

MrNybbles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any way to encrypt the plugin directory as well?
Yes, but obviously it couldn't be a plug-in in the encrypted directory (not without something else decrypting it first anyway).

It would need to be code either in one of the js/rpg_*.js files, or some other JavaScript file referenced from index.html in the project's root directory. The advantage to putting it in an existing file is there is no additional file tipping anyone off as to what is really going on.

Both the /rpg_*.js files and Poryg's plug-in are under the MIT license so mixing the code shouldn't be an issue.

However, because many plug-ins are publicly available it will not prevent people from knowing what is inside the plug-in just from the name (and the name is how the plug-in manager knows which parameters to give which plug-ins).

There are not perfect solutions, but plain-text invites curiosity, fiddling, and theft.

Soulrender

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Idea is great, but for some reason, my project didn't make encrypted files.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Soulrender The only idea that pops into my head is, your version of MV is outdated. Other than that I will not know unless you show me the error messages that pop in the dev console.

As for the plugin folder, it can be encoded, but I saw no reason for it. For offline release there's a better method to protect it, MV cook tool. For online release there is no point in it, because the plugins can be ripped straight off the game in their unencoded version anyway.

Last edited:

Soulrender

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Poryg I use MV 1.5.1 and only for windows deployment, but as I said the enc* files don't create. Console log is clear and there are no errors at all.

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Soulrender Hmm, and the project is being run in test mode?

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Put simply, this plugin only encrypts data from the data directory. Is there any way to encrypt the plugin directory as well?
Use this cook tool to encrypt your plugins. When I noticed it, I tried to give it as much publicity as I could, but a few months later and everyone's forgotten about it again. It's not going to stop someone who really wants to steal plugins from getting to them, but it adds a couple of steps to the process, to prevent someone from simply opening a folder and copying out a text file.

TenTranVN

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Use this cook tool to encrypt your plugins. When I noticed it, I tried to give it as much publicity as I could, but a few months later and everyone's forgotten about it again. It's not going to stop someone who really wants to steal plugins from getting to them, but it adds a couple of steps to the process, to prevent someone from simply opening a folder and copying out a text file.
thank u
does it working on mobile ?

Soulrender

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh! And all is clear now. Thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Writing out an idea for the No Travel Game Jam. I have a general plot and challenge written out, it's just a matter of filling the rest in and making it interesting.
A definite difficult time right now. How is everyone doing during this pandemic? I already have seen furloughs and layoffs.
Hollow 1977 wrote on Archeia's profile.
Hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time. :)
My elderly neighbor whom I've been buying groceries for just got carried out of his home on a stretcher by guys with hazmat suits. Considering I've been his only point of contact for the past month it's probably safe to say my boss was right to tell me to stay home once I developed a mild cough after all.
Damn. All these new features to the forums. Takes some getting used to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
highchloride