Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
- Mar 23, 2017
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
A save core that gives user huge power over both their save menu content and their save menu appearance.
Useful in combination with HIME_PreTitle events or other custom title screens, since it can really pump up the custom spirit of your game.
Commissioned by @ZServ with special request that I make it public and free for commercial use. I took his request, upgraded it for extra flexibility and this is the result.
- Togglable ability to start new game from the save menu (all savefiles/Empty savefiles only/None). Note that starting a new game via this route triggers an autosave in that slot!
- Customizable amount of max saves
- Customizable amount of rows you can see at once. One day I may support columns instead of rows. But never both at once. Due to the nature of certain things are handled it would be painful to program.
- Customizable values of how many save slots must be at all times visible above/under the cursor
- Customizable X, Y, sizes and opacity of various things. Not just with numbers, but also with code!
- Description/Preceding texts are independent on what they are assigned to. That means you can treat them as two completely different texts! (e.g. you have weapon icons and they have preceding text, by default Gear. If you don't need that text, you can either remove it or do what I did in picture 3). Description texts also accept escape tags!
- Speaking of escape tags, there's a custom escape tag for new line: <n>
- Togglable visibility of leader's name
- Togglable visibility of party members - characters, faces or off. Faces are scalable.
- Togglable amounts of party members shown. Don't want to show whole party? Fully possible!
- Togglable visibility of equipments. You cannot toggle each piece of equipment separately, but if you wish, you can only show certain party members' equipments (counts from leader)
- Support for up to 10 custom texts with these features:
- You can put in any code you want. Be it game variables, inventory items, random text strings based on story, whatever it is.
- Each text has its description/preceding text. And just like the case above these texts are completely independent! The only difference is, custom texts accept code. Description texts don't.
- Both custom texts and their description texts support escape tags.
- Both custom texts and their description texts have their own appearance conditions. Don't want something to appear in the savefile until certain condition is met? Now you can.
- Support for foreground and background images. These images are handled via PIXI to avoid collision with MV's garbage collection processes and should avoid memory leaks you have with preloader cores even if you keep some files preloaded.
- Need more custom texts/backgrounds/foregrounds? No problem, open the plugin, find the latest one (for custom texts it is ct10, for background it's bg5 and for foreground it is fg12), copy the entire "chapter", paste it underneath and rewrite the numbers to be one higher. No need to do anything else! Need less of them? Simply delete some of them.
- Don't want background and foreground images? That's why there's also the minuscule version of the plugin - faster due to not handling these images, but just as powerful as the full one.
- Support for Yanfly's New game+ plugin (not native one though: See help file for instructions!)
- And I'm sure you can find something I have missed. Definitely be sure to read the help file!
How to Use
This plugin is NOT plug and play. Because you can make tons of different designs from it, I left it up to you to make one. However, using the plugin should be pretty intuitive. There's some extra info included in the help file as well.
Get it here
Compatibility patches (external files)
DreamX's random prefix and suffix
@ZServ for commission and the idea
Ignore the background. I'm too lazy to set Harold to transparent
You need to do some work with this plugin. I set it to be as customizable as possible, which means I have no options of text align and things like that. But I think the result will be worth it.
EDIT: Also, a tiny little hidden side note, special thanks to @ZServ for great testing. As it was 3 AM, I completely managed to forget to mention that.