POR_SaveCore

WatermelonPL

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A print screen from the console (f8) would be more helpful. Because the only thing that pops out on my mind is that you have an old version of MV, which doesn't support encryption yet. What version of MV do you use btw.?

And console is empty

Last edited:

WatermelonPL

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Because the only thing that pops out on my mind is that you have an old version of MV, which doesn't support encryption yet. What version of MV do you use btw.?
error.PNG

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why would you use 1.0.1? Is it pirated or something?
And yes, my plugin is incompatible with that low version of rmmv. In fact many plugins out there are, not just this mine one.

WatermelonPL

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why would you use 1.0.1? Is it pirated or something?
And yes, my plugin is incompatible with that low version of rmmv. In fact many plugins out there are, not just this mine one.
About box: 1.0.1
Rpg_x.js: 1.2.0 header

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Decrypter is supported from v 1.3.0 onwards. I have made a file, saveCore_NoDec that will serve as an external patch for versions without decrypter. If you intend to use mv 1.2.0, please download this patch file. I'm not sure if that makes the plugin work though, because there's been quite a number of changes and upgrades.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@WatermelonPL Have you tried updating the engine? You can get the latest one here. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully, including making a back-up of your project before doing anything.

ex0rschism

Neurotic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there, I really love this plugin!
Everything works great, although I cannot save.
If I disable the plugin and save, then enable it I am able to load the save,
but I cannot create one in the plugin or else I get this TypeError:
Cannot read property 'activate' of undefined

When I press f8 this the info:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'activate' of undefined
at Scene_Save.Scene_File.activateNewgameWindow (file:///J:/Files/My%20Work/Game%20Work/Projects/RPGMaker/Project01/js/plugins/POR_SaveCore.js:2451:24)
at Scene_Save.Scene_File.onSavefileOk (file:///J:/Files/My%20Work/Game%20Work/Projects/RPGMaker/Project01/js/plugins/POR_SaveCore.js:2464:93)
at Window_SavefileList.Window_Selectable.callHandler (file:///J:/Files/My%20Work/Game%20Work/Projects/RPGMaker/Project01/js/rpg_windows.js:902:31)
at Window_SavefileList.Window_Selectable.callOkHandler (file:///J:/Files/My%20Work/Game%20Work/Projects/RPGMaker/Project01/js/rpg_windows.js:1171:10)
at Window_SavefileList.Window_Selectable.processOk (file:///J:/Files/My%20Work/Game%20Work/Projects/RPGMaker/Project01/js/rpg_windows.js:1156:14)
at Window_SavefileList.onTouch (file:///J:/Files/My%20Work/Game%20Work/Projects/RPGMaker/Project01/js/plugins/POR_SaveCore.js:2737:22)
at Window_SavefileList.Window_Selectable.processTouch (file:///J:/Files/My%20Work/Game%20Work/Projects/RPGMaker/Project01/js/rpg_windows.js:1054:18)
at Window_SavefileList.Window_Selectable.update (file:///J:/Files/My%20Work/Game%20Work/Projects/RPGMaker/Project01/js/rpg_windows.js:986:10)
at file:///J:/Files/My%20Work/Game%20Work/Projects/RPGMaker/Project01/js/rpg_core.js:7031:19
at Array.forEach (native)

If you could help me figure out the cause I would really appreciate it!

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RunePotion I can confirm it works on my end with no issues.
Please upload the screenshot of your plugin list and possibly your game's engine version (you can find it in rpg_core.js inside game's js folder).

ex0rschism

Neurotic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Poryg
Oh weird :/
The error still occurs with all other plugins disabled, my version is v1.5.2

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nothing is weird in computer technology and each error has its reasons. That's why the list of plugins provides us with much more info than if you tell us "It happens even with all other plugins disabled" as many plugins aren't even supposed to have anything to do with it.

For example, since you have spaces in your filepaths, someday you can experience weird crashes due to files not loading correctly as javascript does not like spaces. This is an issue that might be possible, although I seriously doubt it.

Anyway, if the issue occurs even with all plugins turned off, can you replicate it on a completely fresh project?

ex0rschism

Neurotic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nothing is weird in computer technology and each error has its reasons. That's why the list of plugins provides us with much more info than if you tell us "It happens even with all other plugins disabled" as many plugins aren't even supposed to have anything to do with it.

For example, since you have spaces in your filepaths, someday you can experience weird crashes due to files not loading correctly as javascript does not like spaces. This is an issue that might be possible, although I seriously doubt it.

Anyway, if the issue occurs even with all plugins turned off, can you replicate it on a completely fresh project?
I see, that does makes sense.
I tried the plugin in a new project, and it worked with no problems.
I then adjusted the plugins settings in the blank project to match how it was in my game's, and it showed the error.
It looks like cause was having the New Game Start Mode's value set at 0.
I changed it to 1, but when I try to save no file is created.
It seems like it's still something I've changed up in the plugins settings,
I'll have to compare it to the default setup to see where the problem is?

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Understood I'm on my way to work now, but I will take a look once I get home, because these crashes should not be normal. Thank you for the additional info.

ex0rschism

Neurotic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Understood I'm on my way to work now, but I will take a look once I get home, because these crashes should not be normal. Thank you for the additional info.
Ah yeah, all good! Thank you, really appreciated the help

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RunePotion It was an embarrassing bug, which came from my addition to version 1.1 :( It's fixed now. I'll upload the fixed versions shortly as well as new changelog, since I've also removed the cache as bitmap options (they're slow).

ZServ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Nice, just wrapping up Micro for release and find that this got updated! Woo! :kaojoy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i'm not only drawing girls tbh
i like grubby old man
Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MagicMan