Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi,
Anyone remember those dual-screen consoles, the DS and the dsi, that were popular a few years ago, well I've receently picked my old one up and have been fiddling with homebrew and microsd editing and wondered if porting a game made in rmmv to be compatible with the dsi or ds would be possible, I know it could be done with rm2k but im wondering if it could be done with this?

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, since the engine is really open and many things are made in JS, maybe there is someway.But i don't know how to manage to port something supposed to work using webgl/canvas in DS or any other console.

If someone know how to do it(to DS and/or other consoles), i would like to know how.

MoonMoonGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RMMV's overhead is larger than the DS's 4MB of RAM, so it's functionally impossible to do so without rewriting MV, ideally to function in C, and even then, it would be fairly slow due to it needing to constantly save/load data in and out of RAM.

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RMMV's overhead is larger than the DS's 4MB of RAM, so it's functionally impossible to do so without rewriting MV, ideally to function in C, and even then, it would be fairly slow due to it needing to constantly save/load data in and out of RAM.

To add on to this, by changing it that much, it no longer becomes an RPG Maker engine and thus any RM resources you own and would want to use can not legally be used with the new engine anymore. Sorry, there's no way to play MV games on a DS. If you want to make RM games on a DS, have to buy a 3DS and RPG Maker Fes. Otherwise, to play Fes games, get the free player for it and just play other peoples creations on your 3DS.

Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
Other
djDarkX there is also rpg maker on DS but its only in japanese

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, but unless you're willing to import it, and understand Japanese, DS and DS+ for the Nintendo DS aren't a viable option. Fes was the first handheld solution we got that was translated to English, albeit poorly translated, but translated nonetheless.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)
Just for the record you CAN use the "Exclude unused files" successfully to trim a project down seriously even if you're doing calls to various assets via plugins and such. BUT you need to do a full playtest of pretty much every option to ensure you did get every one of those other assets added in. Then I dumped the assets into a fresh copy of the project and yay it was like 400 Meg......
party time.png
If you've played Knight Shift Chapter 1 this image'll mean something to you. If not, that's also fine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweetchi