- Dec 13, 2015
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Back when i used RMXP, I was amazed with Multiple Message Windows, a RGSS script which let you to have more control of message system plus add the ability to make speech bubbles using simple Show Message commands.
The major features follows:
- multiple message windows
- speech bubbles
- position over player/event (follows movement and scrolling)
- optional message tail (for speech or thought bubbles)
- can specify location relative to player/event (top, bottom, left, right)
- thought bubbles
- can use different windowskin, message tail and font color
- letter-by-letter mode
- variable speed (and delays)
- skippable on button press
- autoresize messages
- player movement allowed during messages
- if speaker moves offscreen, message closes (like ChronoTrigger)
- everything also works during battle
- settings configurable anytime
Additionally, would be nice if the port carry an additional feature: The ability to choose an hex color to show the message (like
\hc[#FCFCFC], with or without '#'.
I know Iavra Event Popup can do speech bubbles, but i think MMW is more friendly and powerful to do these things.