RMMV Port Phobos

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by Mrs_Allykat, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Mrs_Allykat

Mrs_Allykat Failsauce Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    PORT PHOBOS

PhobosLogo.png

Priscilla HATES her JOB!
    title-card.jpg

Well, she loves being an Aetherist, but hates having to operate as a Spacer Association field agent. Chasing down the dregs of society, loitering in the shadier side of town, and doing so without causing a scene. She's an Aetherist, all of her "spells" are flashy!

If that wasn't enough, her grandfather informed her that she's got an arranged marriage coming up with another spacer agent no less! It's 1878, and her late parents couldn't have known about the Spacer Association. If they did, there is no way they could have approved of it. Then, as if to add insult to injury, the Spacer Association lost track of his whereabouts! All of this, and they called her into work on a Sunday to boot!

Port Phobos and the Aether Frigates takes place in an alternate history, one built out of the classic science fiction of the late 19'th century. A place that's an odd cross-breed of a Victorian society, Steam-Punk technology, and just a dash of the old west. Gunslingers, Aether-tech-mages, and Space Pirates collide in an adventure spanning the inner planets of the Solar System.
    • Venus: The jungle world, our celestial neighbor, looks like some kind of rain forest, but is that really all there is?

• Neith: A moon of Venus, Neith is a world that was quickly settled by humanity during the first space war, and the home of steam-tech.

• Mars: The infamous red-planet. With it's red grasslands and cat-people aliens; there is no wonder that it was the first place the Spacer Association placed an outpost.

• Phobos: If Priscilla was asked, she'd say "This place is just weird." A small moon with purple grass, flying pigs, and some kind of alien plant-life - this place is probably not terribly friendly to outsiders. Wait... Why is there a human settlement here?!!?

CHARACTERS
    • Priscilla Payne: A hot-shot young Aether Mage who suddenly finds out she has an arranged marriage and that her fiance is missing.

• Professor Steamshot: Priscilla's grandfather, who's a little off his rocker since the death of his daughter's family.

• Kip Keene: Priscilla's fiance, a gunslinger who seems to have his own story to tell...

• Dusty Sherman: A former deputy turned spacer to see the planets and Kip's best friend.

• Sylvester 'Sharp' Payne: Priscilla's little brother, a sharp-shooter that seems to know a little too much about this fiance business. (Nickname provided by Priscilla, of course.)

Extended Background
    • The Invasion War, a failed effort of the Deimos aliens created a chain effect, and the humans from earth entered space looking for them. The Earthians learned of the Aether, how to build zepplins that could reach orbit, and how to use the winds of Aether to sail across space. In doing so, the people of Earth hoped to find and stop the aliens from trying to invade a second time. It didn't take long after reaching the orbit of Mars to find the aliens either. That's how the First Space War started.

• After being accepted by the Aether Mage Academy, Priscilla's parents were caught up in the first space war leaving her and her brother in the care of their grandfather Professor Steamshot.

• "Everything is possible with Aether and Steam," that's the motto Priscilla's grandfather lives by. Unfortunately for her, his tunnel vision left a lot to be desired concerning anything else. Now there are outlaws to be hunted, aliens to figure out, worlds to explore, and a finance she has to find.

Videos and Screenshots
    This is a work in progress, so the images and video below are subject to change!

• If the embedded video does not work, try This Link instead.
    • Transit-1.jpg
    • Transit-2.jpg
    • Mars-1.jpg
    • Neith-1.jpg
    • Phobos-1.jpg
    • Venus-1.jpg

Big thanks to @SmashArtist for the title border!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  2. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    YAY I found your tread :D

3. Mrs_Allykat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  4. Fernyfer775

Fernyfer775 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Your maps are very pretty. There's just enough detail to make your eyes go "ohhhh, me like" without being too cluttered. Keep up the great work! :)

5. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Your game looks and sounds so bloody good. I really like what I see so far, but am especially fond of the flying pigs. :p

By the way, that video doesn't seem to work for me. Not sure if I'm the only one who can't get it to play, might be because I'm using Adblock.

6. Sauteed_Onion

Sauteed_Onion Mmm Tasty Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Love the city maps, meow.

7. Mrs_Allykat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Than you everyone!

@The Stranger I just put in a link to streamable. Odd. How about a direct LINK ?

8. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That one works, thanks. :)

9. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    I thought to change my first post by... FIRST! XD

The Stranger and Sauteed_Onion like this.