RMMV Port Phobos

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Mrs_Allykat, Jun 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mrs_Allykat

Mrs_Allykat Failsauce Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    PORT PHOBOS [RSE]

PromoImage.jpg

Priscilla HATES her JOB!

Well, she loves being an Aetherist, but hates having to operate as a Spacer Association field agent. Chasing down the dregs of society, loitering in the shadier side of town, and doing so without causing a scene. She's an Aetherist, all of her "spells" are flashy!

If that wasn't enough, her grandfather informed her that she's got an arranged marriage coming up with another spacer agent no less! It's 1878, and her late parents couldn't have known about the Spacer Association. If they did, there is no way they could have approved of it. Then, as if to add insult to injury, the Spacer Association lost track of his whereabouts! All of this, and they called her into work on a Sunday to boot!

News:
    04-21-2019
    , There are two Demos available from the same link below, the "Boss Demo" and the "Full Demo." Both are saved to the itch.io page for Port Phobos.

Port Phobos and the Aether Frigates takes place in an alternate history, one built out of the classic science fiction of the late 19'th century. A place that's an odd cross-breed of a Victorian society, Steam-Punk technology, and just a dash of the old west. Gunslingers, Aether-tech-mages, and Space Pirates collide in an adventure spanning the inner planets of the Solar System.
    • Venus: The jungle world, our celestial neighbor, looks like some kind of rain forest, but is that really all there is?

• Neith: A moon of Venus, Neith is a world that was quickly settled by humanity during the first space war, and the home of steam-tech.

• Mars: The infamous red-planet. With it's red grasslands and cat-people aliens; there is no wonder that it was the first place the Spacer Association placed an outpost.

• Phobos: If Priscilla was asked, she'd say "This place is just weird." A small moon with purple grass, flying pigs, and some kind of alien plant-life - this place is probably not terribly friendly to outsiders. Wait... Why is there a human settlement here?!!?

CHARACTERS
    • Priscilla Payne: A hot-shot young Aether Mage who suddenly finds out she has an arranged marriage and that her fiance is missing.

• Professor Steamshot: Priscilla's grandfather, who's a little off his rocker since the death of his daughter's family.

• Kip Keene: Priscilla's fiance, a gunslinger who seems to have his own story to tell...

• Dusty Sherman: A former deputy turned spacer to see the planets and Kip's best friend.

• Sylvester 'Sharp' Payne: Priscilla's little brother, a sharp-shooter that seems to know a little too much about this fiance business. (Nickname provided by Priscilla, of course.)

Extended Background
    • The Invasion War, a failed effort of the Deimos aliens created a chain effect, and the humans from earth entered space looking for them. The Earthians learned of the Aether, how to build zepplins that could reach orbit, and how to use the winds of Aether to sail across space. In doing so, the people of Earth hoped to find and stop the aliens from trying to invade a second time. It didn't take long after reaching the orbit of Mars to find the aliens either. That's how the First Space War started.

• After being accepted by the Aether Mage Academy, Priscilla's parents were caught up in the first space war leaving her and her brother in the care of their grandfather Professor Steamshot.

• "Everything is possible with Aether and Steam," that's the motto Priscilla's grandfather lives by. Unfortunately for her, his tunnel vision left a lot to be desired concerning anything else. Now there are outlaws to be hunted, aliens to figure out, worlds to explore, and a finance she has to find.

Screenshots
    This is a work in progress, so the images and video below are subject to change!
    • Transit-1.jpg
    • Transit-2.jpg
    • Mars-1.jpg
    • Neith-1.jpg
    • Phobos-1.jpg
    • Venus-1.jpg
    • 2019-03-28T05-13-38-324Z.jpeg

Videos

If the embedded video does not work, try This Link instead.

If the embedded video does not work, try This Link instead.

Downloads
    Boss Fight 1, The Alien on the Moon: Download From Itch.io
    After the initial duel at Fort Lunashire, Kip and Dusty track the rest of the Moon City Gang into the mines where they operated from. After traversing deeper and deeper into the mines, The pair of heroes start to realize that this wasn’t simply a few criminals. The outlaw gang were definitely a part of a fleet of space pirates if not, somehow, connected to an even more notorious organization. Upon reaching the deepest parts of the mines, the roundup was off, and the law-for-hire pair started looking for clues to bring in the real authorities. That’s when they stumbled upon (name redacted, and demo has image exchanged too!) with some kind of alien monster…

This is the boss at the end of the first dungeon, found after clearing several floors of a mine. The introductory dungeon introduces several plot elements and world-building along the way. Upon clearing the mine, the player is then swapped to the other player-actors to have the plot develop. This boss is not the gateway keeper to further dungeoning, but is symbolic of the story moving from introductions to actual progression.

Big thanks to @SmashArtist for the title border!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  2. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    YAY I found your tread :D

3. Mrs_Allykat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  4. Fernyfer775

Fernyfer775 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Your maps are very pretty. There's just enough detail to make your eyes go "ohhhh, me like" without being too cluttered. Keep up the great work! :)

5. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Your game looks and sounds so bloody good. I really like what I see so far, but am especially fond of the flying pigs. :p

By the way, that video doesn't seem to work for me. Not sure if I'm the only one who can't get it to play, might be because I'm using Adblock.

6. Sauteed_Onion

Sauteed_Onion Mmm Tasty Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Love the city maps, meow.

7. Mrs_Allykat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Than you everyone!

@The Stranger I just put in a link to streamable. Odd. How about a direct LINK ?

8. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That one works, thanks. :)

9. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    I thought to change my first post by... FIRST! XD

The Stranger and Sauteed_Onion like this.
  10. Mrs_Allykat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Shaz can you move this topic to "In development"? Pretty sure that it's going to be getting a lot more attention in short order ;)

11. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If I were a mod, I could, but I haven't been for nearly 3 years now ;)

Just report your first post, and someone will take care of it.

Marquise* likes this.
  12. Mrs_Allykat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ack! I thought you were mod, but instead you're just awesome. ;)

Marquise* likes this.
  13. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @Shaz I also thought you were a mod ^^

14. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    <<<<< Veteran, just like both of you ;)

Marquise* and Mrs_Allykat like this.
  15. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Moving this to Games in Development

16. Rose Guardian

Rose Guardian Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Your game looks nice, and looks like a lot of fun. I look forward to playing it.

17. Mrs_Allykat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks to all! The Itch page is up with the demo boss fight downloadable and linked to from the main post at the top. Again, thanks for all the support and kind words!

@Kes thank you for the move!

Marquise* likes this.
  18. Rose Guardian

First Language:
    English
    I hate to tell you but you have a file missing when I go to the status screen. I know you probably used the MV Stripper but I must warn you it does remove files you need sometimes. So after using it just check your folders to make sure you don't have to put them back.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Marquise* likes this.
  19. Mrs_Allykat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Rose Guardian Close, but the file isn't missing, it's a plugin that's not reading the .rpgmvp file. I've seen this before, and am correcting the archive. Thanks a ton for that catch. I tested the game, but not the status menu - I forgot I used a plugin for that. Really appreciate the catch!

Marquise* likes this.
  20. Rose Guardian

First Language:
    English
    You're welcome.