Sednaiur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I successfully could create tracks that can only be traversed with a minecart (a reskinned ship-vehicle) but also crossed by the actors at certain tiles, by using Yanfly's AreaRestriction and VehicleRestrict plugins.

Now, what I need to accomplish is to have the minecart-vehicle disappear after dismounting from it, so it does not stay behind where I left it. Sort of like I put it into my "pocket" and so I can use it at another spot where the minecart can be deployed.

Is there a way to do that? I think there was a way to sort of "calling" the vehicle to a designated place via events, but this is not really the way I want it. In my game, you find the minecart, put it into your inventory and only use it at specific spots to ride it on the tracks.

I am greatful for any help and ideas regarding this. ^^

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can't take a vehicle, but you can pretend to have done so by creating an item that sets the vehicle position Nest to the player when used, and use another event to have it set to a non-used map and creating the item again.

The most difficult part of that is triggering the "take cart" event, because that can't be done with the vehicle alone. One solution would be button common events, or very tricky events on leaving etc.

Sednaiur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, if I understand correctly, I need to make an empty map, place the minecart onto it and make it being called by a common event attached to an item that triggers the common event at use.
Then I need to place specified events at every place I can leave the minecart, that send the minecart back to the empty map and give me another copy of the item.

Is that right?

ChampX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alternatively, you could ignore the vehicle system and instead transform the player sprite into them riding a minecart while collapsing your party members then once finished riding just change the player back.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Wondering how big I can make Dorothy's skill menu before the game just becomes irredeemably bad.
Studio Blue is playing the RPG Maker game Phil Alone live now! Phil may be alone, but you don't have to be, come join us in chat!

I'm in desperate need of environment sprites and tilesets for my game. If anyone is interested please DM me im willing to pay.
All badges and prizes for the Let's Make a Scene Heart Edition event SHOULD be out. If you participated and haven't received either or both, send me a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
718346584zy