Porting a RM VXAce game to RM MV?

Retro Sunday

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, looking to port a VXAce game (when finished) to RM MV due mainly to modern console and phone compatibility. Does anyone know how to do this? If so, what are your rates? I can give further info and example of the project upon request, thanks!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
depends on the game.

if the game uses absolutely no scripts, then all you have to do is install the conversion script downloaded with MV into your ace game, run it and copy the resulting output into a new MV project. And then simply resize all missing artwork from Ace by 150%.

If you use a script, then you have to find or commission someone to write a plugin that does the same, because Ace uses a different script language than MV. That can be anything from a small to a titanic workload depending on which and how many scripts you use.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

As a sidenote, please remember that this isn't the paid section and that you'll need 30 posts to access that.

I believe there's a script that aids with porting from VXAce to MV.

Retro Sunday

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
depends on the game.

if the game uses absolutely no scripts, then all you have to do is install the conversion script downloaded with MV into your ace game, run it and copy the resulting output into a new MV project. And then simply resize all missing artwork from Ace by 150%.

If you use a script, then you have to find or commission someone to write a plugin that does the same, because Ace uses a different script language than MV. That can be anything from a small to a titanic workload depending on which and how many scripts you use.
the only script I'm using currently is, Falcao Pearl ABS Liquid V3
here is a link to the script forum for more info:

I don't plan on using any other scripts in the first version of this title also.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Falcao Pearl ABS Liquid V3
convert your maps and data, but forget about converting that script.
ABS-type scripts are too much work to convert.

instead you'll have to look for the available ABS-type plugins for MV - which will require different notetags and handling - and then recreate your game with the new plugin and your old maps.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you plan to convert, you are better off doing it now rather than waiting until your game is done.

The script will not work in MV. You will have to find another. So any script calls you make would have to be redone when you convert.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What do you guys want to see for the new Jump into Javascript? A continuation of the rpg_objects, or would you prefer a "lesson 0" where I go back to the absolute basics of Javascript and cover the fundamentals of the language and its construction?
Hey RPG members!!

How do you finish projects? Some new game developers start off strong but end up losing momentum. What keeps you motivated while working on new projects?
Feeling wee sleepy.. ZzzZ
So many threads to move to the right place. My post count is awesome, but 95% of it is due to moving things.
So...I decided to make music for my game... Because i've never done anything musical in my life. I even failed music in school, you basically just had to show up to pass and I somehow failed xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleymour