jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I know this is probably a tall order, but I wanted to see if any plugin devs in the community would be interested in porting (and possibly even improving upon) this classic dungeon generator:
Sanshiro's map generator (w/ DreamX extension)

The plugin was iterated upon a few times, but unfortunately it hasn't been supported for a few years. I know other dungeon generators exist, but Sanshiro's is my personal favorite--simple, yet very powerful!

As you might've assumed, the plugin doesn't work in MZ. I'd love to see someone new take interest in picking it up and adding new functionality to it.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not personally familiar with it, but from looking at the end of that thread you linked to, it appears the original version was never feature complete/bug-free.

So it looks like you're asking if anyone wants to both port the code (have you tried it in FOSSIL?) and also make it work correctly. Depending on how the original plugin was written, reading it well enough to gain that understanding to fix it may well be less work than a developer just writing their own version.

I'm not trying to shoot down your request, in case it does tantalize someone - just making sure you have some idea of the extent of your request.

jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't actually look through the entire thread, but the plugin was fixed up and improved upon by at least one other person (DreamX), and it had enough features for me to use it in a commercial project with no major bugs.

You raise a good point - I haven't looked into the code, so I don't know how well-documented it is or exactly how difficult porting it would be. I assume it's doable since the plugin was iterated upon by other users. If it is too difficult or time consuming, then I may need to commission the port instead.

I checked the thread for FOSSIL, I might give it a shot!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Disk Check Plugin - Running on Linux:
RMMV-Game-Mint.png
workin on some graphics for my game. was originally planning on doing a cartoony style for the town but I might stick with this instead
I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.
Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dankim633