Portrait Art

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by Rizkado, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Tags:
  1. Rizkado

Rizkado Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I need someone to make some portrait art for my characters or at least teach me how to do it XD. 

2. terrorchan

terrorchan Literally a Gloop Veteran

First Language:
    English
    How many portraits do you need?

3. Rizkado

Rizkado Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Let's just say ALOT(maybe like 30-50) there's no rush or anything tho-

4. terrorchan

terrorchan Literally a Gloop Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Wow that is a lot of character art. I don't see how you could get someone to make you more than 5 or 6 for free...Do you have any artistic skill of your own? Or perhaps narrow down the character list and only have a few characters have portraits. 

5. Allusion

Allusion ♕ The Girl Who Lived (for chocolate) ♛ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I agree with Terrorchan, 30+ character busts is an unlikely request to be finished for free, because of how much work would have to go into it. You may want to browse for pre-made portraits to use in your game--there are a ton out there. You can start in places like these;

Closet 

Division Heaven

Chocolate Mint of Wood

(Turn on Google translate if you can, a couple of those are not in English.)

You may also be interested to look through some Re-Staff releases--they come with tons of free resources. (Music, portraits, sprites, icons, etc...)

6. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'd suggest making the game first. Use the RTP as placeholders, and once you have enough made that the game looks like it will be finished, then request (or hire) the artist. This has 2 advantages:

1: If you cannot afford to pay someone, at least you can prove that the game is likely to be finished by showing off some work. This may encourage someone to sign onto the project.

2: If you can afford to pay someone, this avoids you wasting money ordering art you don't need, because by this point you should have a decent idea of how many characters will actually make it into the game.

I emphasize the part about characters that actually make it into the game, as I ordered about 24 characters for my game, and in the end 3 got axed. But if I hadn't waited to that point, I would probably had ordered much more than that, and ended up not needing it.

7. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That is too big of a request for this section. Resource Request is for typically 1-2 small items. I'm going to close this topic. You can post in Project Recruitment if you'd like to try to find an artist to help with your project.

If you'd like to ask questions on how to make them yourself, you can post a topic in Resource Support.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.