Reaction score
First Language
French
Portraits 1.6
MICHAEL DIONNE

DOWNLOAD (.js file):

http://www.filedropper.com/portraits

-------------------------------------------

UPDATE! For version 1.1 please head over here instead: http://www.filedropper.com/portraits_2

FIXED / ADDED:

-Corrections in descriptions, with default values indicated;

-You can now hide HP bar, MP bar, TP bar and AT bar (Ellye's Simple ATB plugin), seperately at your wish.

UPDATE! For version 1.2 please head over here instead: http://www.filedropper.com/portraits_3

ADDED:

-A new parameter for bars offset (useful for debug, like for Frayling0's problem).

-A new parameter for bars width (like ErikMidnatt asked).

-Two new parameters for changing the horizontal and vertical offsets of the faces images.

UPDATE! For version 1.3 please head over here instead: http://www.filedropper.com/portraits_4

ADDED:

-Two new parameters for actor face width & height, so you can now crop the faces, for more flexibility in your HUD.

-Compatibility confirmed with the Prettier Gauges plugin.

UPDATE! For version 1.4 please head over here instead: http://www.filedropper.com/portraits_6

ADDED:

-You can now turn the display of portraits off but continue using other features of this plugin.

-You can now turn the display of actors names off but continue using other features of this plugin.

-Includes my BattleStatusWindowsHeight plugin directly, so you have less plugins in your Plugin Manager if you want both.

UPDATE! For version 1.5 please head over here instead: http://www.filedropper.com/portraits_8

ADDED:

-Individual controls for each bar (offset X, offset Y, width).

Note: cleaner parameters, using seperators "------------", for better navigation.

UPDATE! For version 1.5.1 please head over here instead: http://www.filedropper.com/portraits_10

FIXED:

-Just a quick fix to desactivate useless console posting overload during battle.

UPDATE! For version 1.6 please head over here instead: http://www.filedropper.com/portraits_11 OR mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/view/7zho1j2kia2jxav/Portraits.js

ADDED:

-Support for icons (like buff/debuff).

Introduction
Adds portraits to Actors in the BattleStatus window. Finally!

Features
-Compatible with Ellye's Simple ATB plugin and MrTS_BattleCharacterLimit.

-Compatible with or without TP. However, if using with ATB AND TP, the battle commands window at left will be shorter vertically than the battle status window at right. This is not problematic, just esthetic. I will try to make a new parameter that can be enabled to fix that automatically.

I tested it with 4, 6 and 8 Actors (thanks to the plugin)  :)

I suggest placing this plugin AFTER all others, but you can experiement and let me know if there are any issues.

Note: Actor Quantity parameters does not mean that my plugin adds more battlers during battles. By default this is for 4 battlers, however to be compatible with MrTS_BattleCharacterLimit, set it to the same value as the "Max Characters" value of that other plugin.

Screenshot

How to Use
Just save the .js file into your js/plugins folder, and add it in the Plugin Manager.

Demo
Not necessary.

Credit and Thanks
- Michael Dionne

- McSundae (Enhanced Battle System)

100% free for any use, have fun. Just mention our names somewhere in your credits, show me what you'll make with it, and send me a free copy of your game once finished!! :)

Author's Notes
More options (parameters) coming soon. If any problem, please report and I will do my best within my free time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Dionne

Indie Games Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
It's my first RPG Maker plugin ever, hope it will be fine. My trial is half way :p

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks pretty good! Not useful to me personally, but it's a great idea.

A bigger question for me is... how did you get the trees to go over the enemies o.0

Michael Dionne

Indie Games Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Thank you ReddElite!

I just made trees being enemies, so z-sorting works properly with enemy and actor sprites, depending on their vertical coordinate in the screen layout. They do not attack, but I can still attack and kill them to gather resources, like wood, nuts, oil, etc. This is a great thing for trees, because there is something to gather. But I would also like to develop a solution so I cannot select them. This way, I could, example, make the sun lens flare appear as another enemy, on top of everything (instead of behind enemies and trees like right now), without being able to select it at all, never.

However, the trees look weird as they move back a little when we attack them, which is not looking great for things like trees, whose have roots in the ground. I still need to find a solution to make the battle being won if all real enemies are defeated. Right now the battle does not end until all trees are killed. If you can help me figure out how to proceed to achieve this, it would be awesome!!! I am sure I will find a solution, but this is still not done. I was focusing on portraits first. I'll let you know for sure when I do progress, will be a pleasure! I knew that would be something other developers want ;)

Frayling0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is awesome, thank you.

However, I have some Plugins that hide MP, which I wonder if they're breaking this? It's showing all 3 resources incorrectly on one portrait, then the other portraits has no HP or anything over it...

OneManArmy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to put here .js file to download instead of wall of text? I would really like to use it :p

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You said this supports 4 actors, and more with MrTSBattlelimt. If that's true then why is doing this?

Battle.png

I tried everything, and the status of the other actors overlaps the first three. Sorry if I am being rude, but I am extremely mad.

EDIT: Also it is only showing the HP, MP, and TP bars of the first three actors, and  not the rest for some reason.

Michael Dionne

Indie Games Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Frayling0 > Could you please take a screenshot of your Plugin Manager? It will help me figure out. Because "incorrectly" does not tell me much, and "plugins" neither :)

Try moving my plugin on top of those who are designed to do hide MP, and let me know if that problem persists. If it persists, maybe I can make my plugin compatible with your other plugins to help you.

------> Update: v.1.1 just released, with options to hide each bar individually. If it still not work, try moving my plugin on top of those who are designed to do hide MP, like I said.

OneManArmy > I go update the first post as per your request. But hey, doing that is very easy, you should understand how to proceed with that. I am not alone here doing this. Just copy the raw pastebin code, paste in Notepad, and save the file as "Portraits.js" (important!!) into the RPG Maker MV's js/plugins.

Rose Guardian > Quickly, at first glance, it seems like you simply have MrTSBattleLimit plugin set correctly (5 characters), but not mine. In the Plugin Manager > Portraits, ensure that the parameter Actors Quantity is set to 5, not to 4 like default. What I think it's doing right now is to display 5 characters on 4 slots, thus instead of overflowing outside of view, the 5th character simply go "under", like, you know, a line break in a text editor (enter). RPG Maker MV is HTML, and this is exactly how such a situation would behave in HTML by default. Let me know if that fixes it. If not, please send me a screenshot of your Plugin Manager, as well as all parameters you have set for both MrTSBattleLimit and Portraits.

Michael Dionne

Indie Games Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French

UPDATE! For version 1.1 please head over here instead: http://www.filedropper.com/portraits_2

FIXED / ADDED:

-Corrections in descriptions, with default values indicated;

-You can now hide HP bar, MP bar, TP bar and AT bar (Ellye's Simple ATB plugin), seperately at your wish (made at the request of Frayling0).

Enjoy!

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how would I make the bars wider? I'm using higher resolutions than the default sot here is a ton of empty space.

Michael Dionne

Indie Games Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Frayling0 >

UPDATE! For version 1.2 please head over here instead: http://www.filedropper.com/portraits_3

ADDED:

-A new parameter for bars offset (useful for debug, like for Frayling0's problem).

-A new parameter for bars width (like ErikMidnatt asked).

-Two new parameters for changing the horizontal and vertical offsets of the faces images.

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank you so much

This made the bar look so much better to me. Glad I found this :)

Frayling0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks Michael, I tested and changed the Debug figure drastically both ways but it didn't make any difference at all. Do you have any suggestions on what to adjust?

Michael Dionne

Indie Games Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Frayling0 > Uhm... quickly, I don't see any solution. If you could send me your whole project, I would most likely be able to fix it for you. Now the choice is up to you, friend. I could understand you don't want. But since it seems to work fine for other developers, I need to check all your plugins (their order, their roles, their parameters, etc.).

If you don't want to share it with me, then a "quick" test you may try yourself is to desactivate (OFF) each plugin manually and test every time, until portraits appear correctly. Then we will know which other plugin is conflicting with Portraits, I would then know how to replicate the problem on my side, so I can develop a fix :)

Frayling0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thank you Michael, deactivated all plugins - now working, so I will let you know once I see which one is causing the issue.

On another note, can anyone suggest which parameters they had for a normal 4 person party. Everything's a bit misalligned for me atm and can't get it quite right :(

Michael Dionne

Indie Games Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I'll come back monday. Have a nice weekend dear community.

doranikofu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
thanks for this, I was trying to figure out myself but this would save me a lot of time :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth