Korimax

Architect of Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
THIS IS FOR A COMMERCIAL PROJECT! IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE IDEA OF DOING A REQUEST FOR A COMMERCIAL PROJECT FOR FREE, THEN DON'T DO IT, I MADE THIS REALLY BOLD AND OBVIOUS!

Okay well I had a request similar to this one previously... So I'll get straight to it. 

I need a face's hair to be recolored red to the one provided. I may need both facesets recolored however depending on how I like it. However I don't want anybody to go and recolor both facesets if I decide that it just doesn't look right.

Alice.png

o3_3.pngo3_4.png

Just recolor the upper left face of the first one, I should be able to decide based on that.

EDIT: Also I may want your input as well as this is for my main female character who is supposed to appear around the same age as the character that is currently as of this post, my Profile Pic. Anyway I may need your help deciding if the one if any made looks better than the face already provided with the red hair.

Last edited by a moderator:

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've learned that the only part of this face I can't recolor are the edges of her hair as then for some reason it begins to look choppy, especially the bangs...

*Bump*

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can try to take a look at it tonight, if it hasn't been done by then. Do you have a link to the artist's terms though? I'd really rather not edit something without knowing for sure it's allowed by the artist.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Added that to the first post. Its in Japanese... I think my understanding that its okay to edit so long as credit to Ruruga is still given. Forgot to add that.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh yeah, forgot about this. I was busy when it got posted and thought "I'll have to remember to do this one if no one else does." Oops.

So here's how I do it. I copy the image twice, make one the mask for the other and then start erasing anything I don't want to change the color of. I use a brush eraser so it has the anti aliased edge. I do it as a mask so that if I erase something I don't want to erase I can just paint it in again and I don't loose the original. When I've got it all erased and clean I add adjustment layers using the same mask. From there I can make it whatever color I want with very little effort.

test_zps706de3a8.png

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you Sharm for doing this, I am now well aware that the hair doesn't match... its just so, bright? Looking at it actually somewhat bothers me, its not... smooth like the example I had so I'll probably go with that then Unless its at all possible to make the color a bit more like what I provided?

Either way, thank you for showing interest and its alright that you forgot previously since you had obligation to do this.  :p

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry, I thought you meant "red like this" not "red to match this". I was going for a more realistic red that matched the coloring style of the base image. I can make it match instead. How's this?

test_zps95216484.png

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That is MUCH better thank you, I would request the rest but now I have to decide which one is better for the main female character as its definitely going to be one of them, the important thing is that she has that red hair.

ANYWAY Thank you so much, I imagine if I don't need the rest I'll just have this closed in a day or so.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I actually just did them all while I was waiting for a response. Might as well let you have them now.

redhead1_zps7d57ed70.png
redhead2_zpsc9b49a40.png

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I see... well thank you Sharm, I guess regardless of my decision, this request has been fulfilled so you can close it now. :)

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Recoloring stuff is fun. :)

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For anyone interested: there's another huge humble bundle with JRPG assets + a game jam starting next month - it's for a good cause, so check it out <3
Turning a specific vibe into reality is incredibly difficult. For instance, this song is one of the ones I listen to when working on my post apocalyptic project, and getting it's "feeling" into the game has been a real challenge.

I don't just wanna regurgitate the numbers I see, I wanna actually understand the calculations I'm making so I'm probably gonna make a post later with some calculations and what I THINK they mean to get some advice and corrections.

Edit: All (Most) of these will be tested in game prior. I just wanna make sure I understand what's going on under the hood if you will.
my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.
100 problems in RMMZ 100 more problems take one down pass it around 101 Problems in RMMZ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traviscot