Possible to add a new Damage Type in the Skill section of the Database?

Arctica

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
skill_img.png

Is there anyway to add a new damage type to that drop down? I see all the code in the files necessary to create the damage type I want, but it I can't find a way to implement the name of the damage type into that drop down.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not into that drop down, because you can't change the editor and there are only three different point values by default (HP, MP, TP).

You most probably mixed that up with damage elements and elemental rates - those can be added to in the type section of the database.

Arctica

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah I thought so. Editor elements are hard coded. Okay thanks.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're trying to damage, say TP or TPB, you can sort of pull it off by using MP damage, and then something like this in the formula box:

Code:
b.gainTp(-25); 0

This will deal 25 TP damage to the target.

By using MP Damage, no numbers will pop up since we set the damage value to be 0, so it's a handy way to use the formula box to do other clever things without an annoying "0" popping out of the target(s). However, by default, TP (and TPB ) doesn't have any sort of popup numbers so you'll either have to relay the information to the player some other way, or let them figure it out on their own. I have a battle plugin in the works that does add popups for both of these things, but it's a long ways from being usable.

Arctica

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That is exactly what I want to do and I was OCDing on not knowing how to add that as a Damage Type in the editor.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

51F2AC5E-A605-446E-9439-D77AA6A0B0ED.pngAdded console to my content thread here
Sweet nostalgia. My fave Final Fantasy game.
Steam page is now live!
1632768058957.png
just discovered thig game called Willowbrooke Post... beautiful artstyle if I do say so myself... does anyone know what this kind of style is called??
In one of my game projects, I am working on an arena where you can fight combatants or bet on monsters, and, man, it is taking so long, lmao. I do not think that it helps that I am using an evented combat system with a lot of things that I have to edit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
switchstone