Status
Not open for further replies.

pkessler

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm creating a monster collection/battle game (with a unique twist, but I don't want to share that just yet). Is this possible in RPG Maker MV? Here are the two main issues I have encountered:
  • The main character is always the one in the battles, along with his/her team members. But in my game, like in Pokemon, the battles would only include the creatures. I was thinking of using Yanfly's Party System plugin so I can have a big team roster, but is it possible to remove the main player from the actual battles?
  • RPG Maker MV forces you to create party members in advance and use events to add them to your team. For example, say I have one species of creature...let's call him Zoomble. My game involves building creatures, not catching them, but if I built two Zoombles, how would that work? What if the player wants to build twenty Zoombles? Would I have to just make a hundred of each species in the party system settings menu, just in case the player keeps making them? There has to be an easier way (or a plugin) to deal with this.
Thanks, all! :)

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For your 1st concern of having the leader not be in battle, you could always set up troop events that remove the 'human' and leaves the monsters to fight and at the end of battle, add the 'human' back in and make him party leader again. To help with this so that you do not have to add the event to every single enemy troop you make, Yanfly has a Base Troop Event plugin. It can be found here: http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/18/yep-15-base-troop-events/

pkessler

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
For your 1st concern of having the leader not be in battle, you could always set up troop events that remove the 'human' and leaves the monsters to fight and at the end of battle, add the 'human' back in and make him party leader again. To help with this so that you do not have to add the event to every single enemy troop you make, Yanfly has a Base Troop Event plugin. It can be found here: http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/18/yep-15-base-troop-events/

Thank you! But what about non-troops? Is there no other way to skip the human actor?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Game Mechanic Design is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I. ..? (Implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.
[move]RPGMaker MV[/move]

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
basically anything is possible with the right combination of plugins.

that said, please search the forum - there are already one or two existing projects to assemble the required resources and plugins for pokemon-type kind of games, so you'll get to your game much faster if you follow their work.

pkessler

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
basically anything is possible with the right combination of plugins.

that said, please search the forum - there are already one or two existing projects to assemble the required resources and plugins for pokemon-type kind of games, so you'll get to your game much faster if you follow their work.

I searched on this (and other) forums and didn't find much :/

Afaryz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey buddy. Check this page: http://sumrndm.site/category/plugins/pokemon-plugins/

I helps with many things for pokemon alike gameplays.

For first combine:
this http://sumrndm.site/pokemon-trainer-sprite/

And

This one (if you want to give him a custom name:

http://sumrndm.site/pokemon-trainer-name-input/

For the 2. Issue i would need more information but i would recommend Common events and for example this plugin:

http://sumrndm.site/copy-actors/

Hope this helps and this is no necroposting tho

Last edited:

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
to1:
Didnt read all but why not this simple Workaround.
Party is for your Monsters or Harem or whatever.
Than you use Eventcommand Set Movementroute and in there you use Change Graphic command to change the graphic of the Player (Player, not party member).
Thatway only the Player on the Map is changed, All Party Members keep their regular Pictures. But on the Map Ash Ketchup Graphic is shown, you just dont have him in the Menu.

to2:
Actors as Monster base.
Classes to determine which Monster it is.
That stuff is managed in class anyway.

You got one Slime Class and one Spider Class and one empty class for unused actors to determine that they are unused or dead forever.
You got for example 100 Actors, now you can decide if they become Slime or Spider Monsters. But maybe additional Scriptcommands could be needed to safe you some work.

Last edited:

MonsterCatcher

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks, these links are very helpful.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[NECRO]Monstercatcher[/NECRO]
[mod]Closing this.[/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today is a great day!
A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png
How many people actually like action commands? (Which is pressing a button at the right time during an attack to deal more damage.)
It is a curse and a blessing getting better at javascript after each plugin... Now I am considering changing two previous plugins completely, and they're not small plugins either -.-' Not to mention that I'll add more features... This is why I never manage to release a game, I just keep updating everything I've already done :p
Hello! Thank you for visiting my Page! ✅

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Korleone21