Thedemonpit

Lord of the Formors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Is it possible to make characters move diagonally.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Tutorials' is where people who have made a tutorial that they want to share with the community can post it.

"How do I...?" questions usually belong in the Support Forum for the engine you are using. I know which one this is because I've only just dealt with your other thread, but it might be helpful to change the info under your avatar to show MV so that we don't have to keep asking you.

I'm fairly sure that this cannot be done by default, (and if I'm wrong, I know someone will correct me) so...
[move]JS Plugin Requests[/move]

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am pretty sure there are already plugins for this. Just do a search for "diagonal movement" in the plugin list or on mvplugins.com - if you can't find any, go to the PV Games subforum under Product Discussion and Support, and you'll find there a thread with useful plugins for the PV Games sprites. There are bound to be one or more diagonal movement plugins in the list.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, it's possible. I'm currently using Galv's Diagonal Movement plug-in to achieve this; not sure if there are others. There's a helpful tutorial on how to use the diagonal movement plug-in, in tandem with a few other movement\graphical plug-ins, here (it's in the spoiler). Some people were finding it difficult to set up sprite sheets (myself inculded) so that they'd work using all of Galv's movement\sprite related plug-ins.

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I second and highly recommend Galv's plug-ins to achieve this.

Thedemonpit

Lord of the Formors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
'Tutorials' is where people who have made a tutorial that they want to share with the community can post it.

"How do I...?" questions usually belong in the Support Forum for the engine you are using. I know which one this is because I've only just dealt with your other thread, but it might be helpful to change the info under your avatar to show MV so that we don't have to keep asking you.

I'm fairly sure that this cannot be done by default, (and if I'm wrong, I know someone will correct me) so...
[move]JS Plugin Requests[/move]
Which prefrence stands for Mv

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Under your Personal Details, the Primarily Uses option lets you choose your engine.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

A certain person better sell his stock while he still can, because it looks like it's going to take an unrecoverable nose dive.
7 years of trying to plan this project... and it got an official plotline today. 7 years. I really just have no concept of order huh GHJGSJHGVGHASFH.
Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

I'm not sure how to do this so I'll just ask here, Wheres a good place to post your game (for free) once its done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feddieroma