Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This script allows you to set up troop event pages as "post battle" events. These events will run after the battle is over, but before the game leaves the battle scene. It allows you to run extra events that should occur after the victory/defeat messages.

Download

Get it at Hime Works!

Installation

Place this script below Materials and above Main

Usage

To set a post-battle event page, add one of the following comments

<post battle victory> - runs after victory<post battle defeat> - runs after defeatThe page will automatically be run when the condition is met.Compatibility

This script overwrites the default victory and defeat processing methods, but they only add an extra line.

event_postbattle2.jpg

If you are using a script that also overwrites one of these methods, you can just copy the appropriate line into your own code

Code:
process_post_victory_eventprocess_post_defeat_event
And it will work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Misaki

Dusk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Handy. Although I have another way to activate this, this is another good handy tool.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
you're truly a master of halting battle victory hime :D . nice script. good for event battle.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
One could even make something akin to the Tales of Games Victory Aftermath skits! I love this!~<3

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have updated the script to make it easier to handle compatibility issues.

This script overwrites the default victory and defeat processing methods, but they only add an extra line.

event_postbattle2.jpg

If you are using a script that also overwrites one of these methods, you can just copy the appropriate line into your own code

Code:
process_post_victory_eventprocess_post_defeat_event
And it will work.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyBannanaZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I seem to be having a problem with the script seemingly disabling battle commands, and so I can't use Enemy Transform. The thing is, I need the enemy to transform after the party all dies. I don't know if I've done anything idiotic or anything and screwed it up.

Attachments

• bandicam 2017-04-29 16-10-05-444.jpg
    bandicam 2017-04-29 16-10-05-444.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 7
  • bandicam 2017-04-29 16-10-02-464.jpg
    bandicam 2017-04-29 16-10-02-464.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 7

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CrazyBannanaZ
"don't run" means "never execute", it has absolutely nothing to do with escaping.
It comes from the phrase "to run a program", and your battle commands are disabled because you set them to disabled "don't run = disabled".

CrazyBannanaZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@CrazyBannanaZ
"don't run" means "never execute", it has absolutely nothing to do with escaping.
It comes from the phrase "to run a program", and your battle commands are disabled because you set them to disabled "don't run = disabled".

But even when I set it to play after the player is at 0% HP, the entire event will play out, but it will ignore the transform command.bandicam 2017-04-29 21-20-19-053.jpg
How it looks when the event plays out ^

bandicam 2017-04-29 21-21-02-357.jpg
How it SHOULD look ^ (I used a different troop in order to get this screenshot)

What's weird is that it worked fine, then I tried to do the swallowing sequence in-world, instead of a battle event, and as soon as I created the in-world event, the battle commands like transform and appear stopped working. I may just be an idiot, though. Still don't know a whole lot about RPG Maker.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is a known quirk of the battlesystem - if the last enemy is killed (at 0% HP), the battle ends before the conditions of the troop events are checked, the 0% condition will only work if there is another enemy remaining.
There are several ways around this, usually by giving the enemy an immortal state at the beginning of the battle and removing that state when the troop event with the 0% condition has completed.

Check the tutorial section on this, it has been asked and solved many times and I don't have the time to explain at the moment.
However, you should also follow the link to "how to use a script" in my signature, because one of the solutions for that quirk is this script, and if it doesn't work you made a mistake installing it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making test maps is really illuminating when it comes to figuring out how the real maps should be. It's like the outline that one writes for the story before writing the actual story.
I am adamant about not having missable quests, which means having to write entirely new scenes at each plot progression that takes into account that time and events have passed since the quest could first be accepted while still having there be a quest to solve in the first place. It's worth every second.
Surprisingly useful and thought provoking
Working on animation. Trying to see if I can apply it meaningfully to my games!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RickdiculousG