DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've got two things I need help with, and I assume I'd need scripts for both. However, as some might know, I'm not a very good searcher of these archives, so if these are easily solved then I do apologize. (bows) Now then, on to the tale. 

Two things, indeed, yes. 

1) Events After Saving, with a twist: Post-Game events, but only after you load a file saved at the end of the game. The idea is:

Step 1: Finish Game.

Step 2: Sit through credit scene, made by a Text Scroll. 

Step 2.5: Screen fades to black, or is teleported to a small map with nothing but black in it, with character transparent. 

Step 3: Option to save comes up, through a small message and a Show Choices option. (option a: save. option b: return to title screen.)

Step 4: Saving the game will allow a "Post-Game" mode. You're teleported back to the last location before the final boss fight. BUT, once you save the game, it will go back to the Title Screen. "Post-Game" save loads up, and you're at the last place before the final boss, as stated above. 

I know this can be done easily without the Return to Title Screen, but I'm trying to do it some way where you save, it cuts you to the title screen after you exit the save menu, but the save file is already set up to load the last location with new events around the game, turned on by a Post-Game switch.

Note that this is VERY similar, almost identical to how Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep finishes its game. So if you've played that, you know exactly what I'm talking about.
2) Post-Game Results

After you've finished the game, after the credits but before the option to save for that post-game thingie mentioned above, I'd really like it if I could setup some sort of progress report, of course with variables of some sort, to show how well the player did throughout the game. How much gold they made, how much damage they took/dealt, how much time it took them to complete the game, maybe even a Most Used Skill or something too. MAYBE even how many times they DIED, if that's also possible through another script?
Are these two things able to be made in any way, shape or form? Also, I was looking around the forums trying to find my answer before posting, and I noticed a few recommendations towards similar things, and that was the Yanfly New Game+. However, I'm using something that modifies the save screen already, and therefore I can't use that since it needs the Yanfly Save Engine, which I'm not looking into. Thank you in advance. 

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
If you save a game using an event, the game continues the event after the event save command once you load it.

So set up a switch or variables (load player's current X Y and Map id to 3 variables) before the event save, or if you want files to share a common traits, A global save file might do what you want.

You can then do your condition branches after the event save so every time the player loads that save file, he will continue the event from where he/she saved.

It just happened that a post below this one has a bunch of global save scripts in it. ;D

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you save a game using an event, the game continues the event after the event save command once you load it.

So set up a switch or variables (load player's current X Y and Map id to 3 variables) before the event save, or if you want files to share a common traits, A global save file might do what you want.

You can then do your condition branches after the event save so every time the player loads that save file, he will continue the event from where he/she saved.
I have an event that prompts for saving within a scene (event) in my game already, and indeed it works fine like this, but will what you're telling me work with automatically kicking the player to the Title Screen after saving so they'd have to reload the save to continue on? I'd just assume that if I were to add the Return To Title Screen call, then it'd kick the player back as soon as they loaded. But I'm half awake and it is 4am, so I might not be making much sense. I'll be testing your answer out myself tomorrow morning while I'm on the bus, and I'll get back to you the second I can. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELP! :)

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
It appears that i am not as sober as you do when posting that suggestion.

I completely forgot i have modified my save method to check for a condition so i can discontinue any event after loading.

This is how it's done,

Before event save, set a switch to on (true)

Save

Check if switch is true/false, if true, continue the event, if false, abort.

And in the script part:

Set the switch number you wish to use.(i've added an extra, if you don't need that extra switch, set it to 0)

When loaded, the script automatically turns off these switches. So you get a condition false to abort the event(or let it do something else).

Script: (Feel free to use it in any free/commercial games)

Code:
#==============================================================================# ■ Meow Face After Load Switch#------------------------------------------------------------------------------# Author: Meow Face#==============================================================================# How to Use:# [1] Set switch to true before save# [2] Run conditional check on switch true/false, if true, continue the event, if false abort the event# [3] Load the game and try, the switch will be automatically turn off every time you load the game.#==============================================================================module MeowFaceAfterLoad  #==============================================================================# Settings Area#==============================================================================    SWITCH1 = 1 #Switch number to use  SWITCH2 = 2 #Switch number to use (Set to 0 if not used)  #==============================================================================# End of Settings Area# Edit anything past this line at your own risk#==============================================================================  endclass Scene_Load < Scene_File  alias mf_load on_load_success  def on_load_success    $game_switches[MeowFaceAfterLoad::SWITCH1] = false    $game_switches[MeowFaceAfterLoad::SWITCH2] = false    mf_load  endend

Last edited by a moderator:

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It appears that i am not as sober as you do when posting that suggestion.

I completely forgot i have modified my save method to check for a condition so i can discontinue any event after loading.

This is how it's done,

Before event save, set a switch to on (true)

Save

Check if switch is true/false, if true, continue the event, if false, abort.

And in the script part:

Set the switch number you wish to use.(i've added an extra, if you don't need that extra switch, set it to 0)

When loaded, the script automatically turns off these switches. So you get a condition false to abort the event(or let it do something else).

Script: (Feel free to use it in any free/commercial games)

#==============================================================================# ■ Meow Face After Load Switch#------------------------------------------------------------------------------# Author: Meow Face#==============================================================================# How to Use:# [1] Set switch to true before save# [2] Run conditional check on switch true/false, if true, continue the event, if false abort the event# [3] Load the game and try, the switch will be automatically turn off every time you load the game.#==============================================================================module MeowFaceAfterLoad  #==============================================================================# Settings Area#==============================================================================    SWITCH1 = 1 #Switch number to use  SWITCH2 = 2 #Switch number to use (Set to 0 if not used)  #==============================================================================# End of Settings Area# Edit anything past this line at your own risk#==============================================================================  endclass Scene_Load < Scene_File  alias mf_load on_load_success  def on_load_success    $game_switches[MeowFaceAfterLoad::SWITCH1] = false    $game_switches[MeowFaceAfterLoad::SWITCH2] = false    mf_load  endend
YOU ARE A FREAKIN' GENIUS! :D Thank you very very much! 

If I don't get a reply from someone about the second request soon, then I'll mark your answer as the single Solved one, otherwise I'll mark you and whoever else I need to for the Mark Solved. 

Thanks again! This works perfectly! 

Also, since the switch turns off automatically, what I did was I made a new item, called it "Proof of Completion", made into a Key Item, unuseable from the menu or battle, can't be consumed or sold, etc...and put it right before the Save Game is entered. So now, post-game events can be triggered by having the Proof of Completion item, and your script saved the day from an endless loop of Return to Title!  :guffaw:

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
Glad to help and congratulate on your progress!

For your second request..

As far as i can tell, the game already keep tracks of your:

[1] Play Time

[2] Steps you made

[3] Total Gold

[4] How many times you enter a battle

[5] How many times you made a save

You can access those from Variable Control > Game Data > Other

So it won't be hard to do it without a script i guess.

If you just want to display a window with those results. Try the tutorial here.

How many times an actor dies should be able to keep track by a common event that runs after a battle/troops events that runs during the battle.

But for how much damage dealt/took, that might require a script to record it to a variable whenever an action is taken.

Or you might be able to output it to a variable using damage formula, since that slot there for skill/item damage formula can do a lot more than you can imagine. :p Will have to try that out for yourself. Here's a tutorial on how to do condition and such, as far as i can remember, variables can be used.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I was kinda recommended a manga to learn a few drawing tips, I dunno if it will actually work, but I'm liking the story lol
M745veO.jpg
RPG Maker News #12 | Control Zooming, Customize Bush Effect, Causality & Happy Bones on Steam
Episode 16 let's go! We're making an RPG in RPG Maker MZ! This week... even more mapping, we're almost done with all the mapping for our first dungeon!

I have big news. I just got hired at a Mexican restaurant! They're like Chipotle but a bit different... and my job will be taking orders some days, delivering food other days, and of course, making customers happy. My orientation is on Tuesday. Once I start, I might disappear from here sometimes, but I'll always try to come back!
Batch converting .mp3 to .ogg files is making my computer soooo slow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuneyBug