Post interesting skills you made here

Discussion in 'Game Mechanics Design' started by  Nova, Jun 3, 2015.

1. xaev

xaev Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Those are some creative skills right there; would love to try out some of these combat.

Marsigne likes this.
  2. xdan

xdan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    You know, half of these sound so broken they would either break the game or need have a 0,01% success rate/need to make the bosses inmune, thus rendering them pointless.

3. xaev

xaev Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    tru dat tho HAHA it would only work if the bosses had unique skills too

Marsigne likes this.
  4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @xaev Please remember that, as this is an international site, many Members have English as their second, third or even fourth language. It would be helpful, therefore, if you wrote in standard English. "tru dat tho" could well cause confusion.
    Thanks.

5. IneptAttoney_08

IneptAttoney_08 MMORPG! Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Charging Snipe
    This skill is a skill that will give the user a "charge" state, after the "Charge" state runs out, I use the Evolution State script. so when "Charge" ends, the user will be hit by the state "Snipe Shoot" and the user must use the Charging Snipe skill again to launch a powerful attack.
    (I use an individual MP cost script so that when the user is "Snipe Shoot" state, the MP Cost for the skill charging snipe becomes 0) (I use this skill on the action battle system) This skill is strong, but it takes time to use it.

6. kairi_key

kairi_key Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    thai
    One thing I have thought about but not yet tried is this fun concept of a healer with time concept. Here are the basic roster of their skills.

Regenerate: A basic HoT skill. Heal small amount of HP upon cast and then probably give 10% HP for 5 turns.

Compress: The idea is that the HoT effect of Regenerate got compressed into one heal blast. It heals the target for how much HP is left to be healed with Regenerate. So if the target has 3 turn of Regenerate left, then using Compress will heal the target for (10%HP)*(3turns) which is 30% HP and the Regenerate's state is removed from target.

Accelerate: Double the HP regen rate of all battlers for maybe 2-3 turns. It also doubles the poison.

Halt: Stop damage time and heal time of target for 3 turns. While in this state, there will be no change in the target's HP. After it wear off, the target will received all the heal and damage while in the state all summed up at once. However if the battle ends before the state wears off, every heal/damage received will become zero. For example, A has Time Halt state up. For 3 turns, A got 200 damage in total and got 50 HP heal at one point. When the state wears off, A will received 150 damage (from 200-50) to HP, but if you can win a battle before that happen, A will take no damage at all. (Very tricky concept that I still don't know how to pull off, lol.)

Double: Give target 2 actions for 2 turns. You can use this for simply more DPS or a Regenerate+Compress in a single turn.

This is all still just a concept so I don't know if it works but yeah....

xdan likes this.
  7. ave36

ave36 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    OK, here are some skills from my project, Rebel Hearts: Legend of Terra Firma.

* Regular attack spells: they have a three rank system. The elements are called Flagra (fire), Glaci (ice) and Electro (thunder), and ranks 2 and 3 have prefixes Re- and Mort-. So we have Flagra (fire), Reflagra (fira) and Mortflagra (firaga), Electro, Reelectro and Mortelectro.
    * Regular healing spells work the same way, except the Mort- prefix (derived from the Latin for "deadly") couldn't make sense here. So there is another Rank 3 prefix for beneficial spells: Ex-. There are Elixi (cure), Reelixi (cura) and Exelixi (curaga).
    * And now for some Interesting skills.

** Coward's Strike: deals damage proportional to the number of times you escaped from battle. This is a blue magic learned by the Familiar class character (a magical cat party member).
    ** Razor Dance: physical damage on 4 random enemies and a chance to inflict the Bleed status (the non-elemental, worse cousin of the Poison status; I use elemental poison effects). This is, likewise, a blue magic.
    ** Lesser Evil: this is a limit break for my protagonist, Oscar the dark knight monster hunter. This skill inflicts KO on a random party member to power a wave of dark energy hitting all enemies from the user's sword.
    ** Dark Rage. This is one of his limit breaks too. This is a status effect that combines the effects of Atk Up, Bleed and Berserk, making the protagonists automatically deal very strong physical attacks while losing health until he hits KO.

xdan likes this.
  8. Tech

Tech Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Taunt: The good ol' Practical Taunt. As a Sonic attack, it hits the entire enemy party for minor damage. It can inflict either Berserk (only attack) or Frenzy (buffs attack power and ammount of times a character hits per-turn). This is rather a coin flip, so you have to be careful about using it.
    Harm: an Evolving Attack based on a character's negative emotions. With Spite, it bleeds (bleeding prevents proper healing and does DoT), with Greed, it steals, and with Malice, it becomes free to use. As a Dark Magic spell, it steals HP equal to damage inflicted by default.