Post your judging scores here

Discussion in '2014 Indie Game Maker Contest' started by Kryzon, Oct 8, 2014.

1. catchthefloaty

catchthefloaty Villager Member

Still waiting on mine despite numerous pm's and posts here throughout the past few months.

2. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I'm pretty sure yours is the one I sent in first...

Send a PM to Decky this time!

Tea's Jams likes this.
  3. catchthefloaty

I've pm'd both you and decky. I have not received anything at all. Deckiller has read my latest pm from a couple days ago... But no response. Preferably my response can come in the form of a pm? Email definately isn't working here.

4. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    yeah when you pm'd me I sent it to him directly (I don't reply to IGMC PMs due to the amount). Hopefully he'll be around online.

Kryzon likes this.
  5. catchthefloaty

Deckiller got back to me...

"Thanks for reaching out, and huge apologies for the delay. Kaleid scored reasonably high from both judges, receiving a 12 for presentation, 13 for gameplay, and 15 for fun factor from one judge (40 total), and a 12 for presentation, 15 for gameplay, and 10 for fun factor from the other judge (37 total). The controls were quite responsive, especially the point-and-click firing. The overall flow of the game and its mechanics were easy to pick up despite limited instructions, and reminded one judge of the Qualia games. The enemies seemed quite random, which led to an uneven difficulty and learning curve. The game could have used a few extras in its levels as well; as is, it feels a little too barebones. The presentation was solid (music and visuals) though the visuals could have been more impactful given more time. Overall it was a rather polished, simple, and responsive shooter-style game. Thanks again for your submission"

Kryzon likes this.
  6. TerminusEst13

TerminusEst13 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I give up.

Good luck with the next contest.

7. B.Ultimus

B.Ultimus Drinker of Coffee Veteran

First Language:
    English
    ...did you PM Deckkiller requesting scores? o_O 

Sounds like things are moving swimingly now.

8. TerminusEst13

TerminusEst13 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yes, I have. Two friends who are also still waiting on their reviews have as well.

If Archeia is right and they're being e-mailed, then they're simply not going through to the e-mail. I asked Deckiller to send it in PM and if he's right in that just about all of them were taken care of, then they're simply not going through to PMs, either.
    I don't know what else I need to do, and if the official response is "not responding to messages" then I think it's safe to say the staff are getting sick of getting harassed about it. It's probably best to move on, instead of getting frustrated at something both sides can't help. There's many more constructive and positive things that can be done with our time than worrying about a short paragraph that will basically say "hi we thought your game was okay thanks bye".

We're here to make stuff and have fun, after all. Games are for entertainment, not irritation. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
  9. markjacks

markjacks Veteran Veteran

Agreed. Enjoying the ride and having fun is the best thing about it. Some people just don't take it that way though. 

10. Kryzon

Kryzon Veteran Veteran

TerminusEst13, you don't need to give up.

The staff has already shared a lot of scores, it wouldn't make sense for them to ignore just a few users.

If I were you I would send a polite e-mail to info@rpgmakerweb.com asking about your score. Make sure to mention the name of your game and the link to your contest page (in the sub domain contest.rpgmakerweb.com).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
  11. ??????

?????? Diabolical Codemaster Veteran

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ahhh.... The fabled thread...

I have still not receive any judge score information or whatever for my entry.  I formally request this information.  Thank you. :)

(I already emailed rm about it, so i would rather not repeat that process)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
  12. Deckiller

Deckiller Phoenix Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    PMing you shortly :)

?????? likes this.