Post Your Music

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by Archeia, Jul 31, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Cyreides

Cyreides Producer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Reposer

I love those! I have a particular affinity for electronic stuff like that.

I think Destruction is my favorite of the two, keep it up :)

@Dibur

Pretty good, only thing I really have to say is that the sound quality irks me a bit. Like your mixes could be a little clearer maybe? Other than that those are awesome.

And thanks for the feedback guys!

2. Blinn

Blinn Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I made this soundscape back in February, and it's in ReStaff April 2015.

I used Audacity to make this track. :)

3. Schematist

Schematist Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @HouseKeeping- Have you ever played Castlevania 4 for the SNES? The tone of your bass and woodwinds reminds of it a lot. If you never heard the OST I would highly recommend it, this sounds classic yet with a nice modern feel! Great stuff!

@Dibur – If Motoi Sakuraba doesn’t work on Star Ocean 5, I think your style would be a very fitting runner up. Your tracks have the energy and they also give this futuristic feeling.  Very nice work, especially on War of the Valkyries! *mouth waters*

@Reposer- You have been very busy it looks like! Out of all your recent projects I’d have to say I appreciated Wasted Sands the most. It didn’t take me very long to think of a desert wasteland or some kind of fallen city. Really solid atmosphere!

@Blinn- This soundscape sounds like it could be ethereal or mechanical to me. I am not so good with sound design so what did you intend for it to sound like?

Grad school has been taking so much time away from me, but I thought to share some tracks I made when I escaped from the library.

https://soundcloud.com/schematist/skyscrapers

https://soundcloud.com/schematist/blueprint-theory

Housekeeping likes this.
  4. Dibur

Dibur Potato Orchestrator Member

First Language:
    English
    Aw snap, new Schematist tunes 8)  and thanks for the kind words.  You know that comparing my work to Sakuraba will automatically put me in a good mood any day of the week LOL

Very nice work on Skyscrapers.  It's almost got a Persona-esque vibe to it.  I'm really digging the rhodes (or whatever the keyboard) tone.  I like the reversed cymbals too~

Great synth work on Blueprint Theory.  The strings are a tad dry for my taste, but I'm also known to over-reverb things

Keep up the excellent work as always, dude. ^_^

Schematist likes this.
  5. Schematist

First Language:
    English
     Thanks for the feedback Dibur! I would sell a piece of my soul to work on a persona soundtrack hahaha!  I will work harder next time! :D

6. Necrox

Necrox Villager Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2015
    Schematist likes this.
  7. Schematist

First Language:
    English
    Hey Twilight.. err Necrox! This mix is tricky for me. There are some aspects I really love, but then certain parts throw me a little off. Then I realized you were experimenting >_<. I really liked what was going on at the one minute mark, but in my humble opinion that chord progression with the electronic piano can be a little smoother. The Beat was insanely catchy though! I want to try this style out very soon. 2:20 in caught my attention again. It was a mix of an atmospheric yet intense scene. Your vocal sampling was great as well! ( jealous )  Keep it coming!

8. Blinn

Blinn Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have a couple things to show here:

1: Wizard of Audio demo - Soundcloud

2: Non-Elemental Magic Spells - SFX Pack

What are some great uses for these sounds?

9. Kaimen

Kaimen Noisemaker Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Blinn: I can easily picture these sound effects in a futuristic-type RPG. Either battle-related or just for atmospheric purposes, you know ambience and all that. Especially your non-elemental pack would work great there. I hear some beams (1:03, 1:05, 1:08), teleport (0:00), maybe a little space travel (0:20 and 0:49) and, of course, puzzle solved (1:25). :)

-----

This is my most recent track. Made it this week while I was home being sick. I wanted to try out something new and decided to try an oriental style. If you wonder about the name... well, I like to get creative, okay? It just sounds better (and more unique I guess) than just calling it "Desert Tomb" or "Ancient Tomb" or something generic like that. XD

Would be cool if you shared some of your thoughts about this track with me. ^_^

Blinn likes this.
  10. Carf

Carf Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Where the Bones of Ancient Kings Reside well the name suits the track, that is for sure! Great atmosphere, fits perfect to any desert like dungeon!
    It also makes me wonder how it sounds in 8bit but that might be my 8bit way of thinking.

Been to long since I've dropped some notes, but I've been working on my upcoming album+game so creating new songs has been on a lower priority.

Also have been working on some projects for GameTheory, custom intro's for upcoming series! An awesome challenge but very different then what I normally would create.

For now I would like to drop my town tune for the day-time scenes in the game.
    Enjoy Multiverse and keep up the creativity!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FCH6sMkCcU

11. rondchild

rondchild Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    This is Boss Battle Theme for my project and still WIP.

Made by my friend, F#.

I hope you like it.

12. Necrox

Necrox Villager Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
  13. Schematist

First Language:
    English
    @Rondchild Tell your friend F# that he or she is godlike for this project! Such a dark and heavy atmosphere. I automatically thought final boss song, but I can see this working for a boss as well. Super Solid!

@Carf You are indeed right, Retro never gets old. Very classic and nostalgic feel here! I want to try making more retro styled tracks in the future, but I need the right tools before I give that a go. Sounds like this could be song for a village in harvest moon.

@Necrox This style you are learning/developing is interesting. It reminds me of something from phantasy star or Ghost in the Shell. Definitely looking forward to what else you can come up with!

I have been working really hard on the OST for Oraia Rift and even though some ideas might not make it in game, I thought it would be a good idea to share my concepts with everyone.

Here is a battle theme I recently cooked up.

14. rondchild

First Language:
    Indonesia
    @Necrox : I 've never heard a song like this, it can be used for gaming with a dark theme with a mix of sci-fi . what's genre for this music ?

@Schematist : F# are very happy to listen to the compliment. :)

Yeah my game have dark and heavy theme, I am very grateful to meet F #, because his music fits perfectly with my project.

For Final boss will more dark and heavy atmosphere, I can not show it for the now, perhaps when the project is released. ( I'm just afraid to be a spoiler of the game ). I could show normal battle the other day, so stay tune , ehehehe...

Your'e song so nice, brave and full spirit !

I love the intro, somehow i can imagine the battle for Oraia Rift !

I love part 0.32, so catchy.

anyway, Oraia Rift is J-rpg game ?

Schematist likes this.
  15. Necrox

Necrox Villager Member

Wow. I would say you've leveled up your style. I've heard quite a few battle themes from you that IMO were lacking a little something and this nailed it. You balanced energy and the peaceful style you usually have. I hope this makes it in.

@rondchild

Idk what genre it is. I just write stuff.

Schematist likes this.
  16. Schematist

First Language:
    English
    @Rondchild Oraia Rift is actually an adventure game with RPG elements, but I am just heavily influenced by JRPG music. I think I will try writing in two different styles to fit the overall theme of the game. Thank you for such kindness.

@Necrox I can always appreciate it when you tell me the cold hard truth and I continue to thank you for it. It helps me learn from previous mistakes or shortcomings, thanks a lot captain!

17. Reposer

Reposer Composer, Cool Guy Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey again guys! I've been irresponsible for a while now, but I have a few more things done, and I also have some feedback for people!

@Schematist: I absolutely adore what you're doing here, and would love to see the final products that contain your music! It sounds amazing, can't compare it like the others did but I could very easily see it in a high-production title, it has a ton of character to it. Keep up the good work there!

@Blinn: I like your stuff a decent bit, but I do feel like if you want to use it, it's either got to be used for something horror-esque, with the noise that's used, or in a dark setting, possibly. Good job on them!

@Rondchild: That sounds great, and I like the use of metal guitars in it, for the feel it's using. Reminds me a lot of Castlevania, specifically Harmony of Despair, with the tone it has. I think it's amazing, give #F props for it, and for their cool name!

@Carf: Ooh, this is a fun track, and I love chiptune music! I like the feel it has, with a lot of playful-ness shown throughout the tune, and great use of different layers! Definitely a good job done there.

@Kaimen: I like the feel of this one, and I think you hit the mark perfectly with what you were attempting to do. I also like the name, I go off a pretty simple way of naming my songs, so it's a nice thing to see :p

@Necrox: Leaving the body is nice, I like the feel it has, kind of a spooky theme going on with it. Definitely nice!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aight, now here are the things I've done over this lil break of mine so far, the first being just an edit of my Final Boss theme, adding in more string bass and changing the timing on a slight few things, is it any better now, Dibur?

The next is kind of a practice thing, not 100% sure if it'll be used in RPG Maker or not, but I felt like making something that would work both as the instrumental for a hip-hop type of song, but could also hold up on its own. Any opinions appreciated!

The last one has been made with it being something of a title/main theme in mind. I made it with the sort of feel that I think an opening cutscene or title song should have, whattya peeps think?

Blinn likes this.
  18. Necrox

Necrox Villager Member

@Reposer I'm gonna write soon, so I'll listen to Rotary and Rotund (nice naming) later. Your final boss theme is definitely the most mellow I have ever heard, which is a nice twist. It makes me think of a battle with a complex, multi-faceted god or something. The "ooh" vocals seemed a bit overbearing and, maybe it's just me, but reverb might improve them too.

19. rondchild

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Oh isee, good luck !

@Reposer : Thanks, F# very happy hear that ^^

• Final Boss : Nice BGM, love the choir, I think need more fast beat for Last Boss. I can feel the darkness but still less tense.
    • Rotary : Nice, I think this theme is suitable for the game persona like, etc.
    • Rotun : I imagine this theme as in the tribal village.

20. Kaimen

Kaimen Noisemaker Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Reposer: Why thank you very much. Now let's see what you got for us there...

Final Boss

Somehow I feel reminded of the Shadow Hearts trilogy. Do you know the Shadow Hearts games? Some horror-ish style JRPGs with really dark and partially calm music. Yours would fit in one of those quite well I must say. Or any other horror type game because that's some goose bump material right there. It's nice (and surprising) to hear a different approach at a final boss theme. I only think that the female solo voice could do a little bit quieter.

Rotary

I love the intro to this one. However, I don't think that the beat percussion goes well with this song. But that's just because I don't beats in general. :p
    Just as rondchild said, this is the kind of music you'd hear in a Persona game. Personally, I had to think of "Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked" when I listened to it.

Rotund

I definitely get "opening cutscene" vibes from this one. If it was supposed to be a title theme I would prefer it starting at roughly 0:48. From that point on it has a very dreamy and etheric feel to it. Because of that it would also fit some kind of jungly forest or a temple or the like. :)

----

Got somethin' for you as well. I had that melody stuck in my head and wanted to make a song out of it. And after I was done with putting down what I had so far, I came up with a (what I think) cool idea for a game. Don't know if that's been done yet or not but I'll worry about that later. If I were to make my very first own game I'd be using this as the leading theme throughout it. As such, in that context, this would be the title theme. In any other scenario... well, it's a calm and kinda creepy sounding lullaby thingy song. Make of that what you will. ... Oh, and shush about the last chord. I know it doesn't sound right. ;)