Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I really like that version Yami, you've perfected that track!

Dr.Yami

。◕‿◕。
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
Ehehe thank you xD

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yami, you want to quit blowing my mind sometime? I only have so many ways to recover from this, lol.

But seriously, you are doing very well, and improving very quickly. Like VERY quickly.

On another note, I would really like some feedback on a small side project I just released.

http://hydegames.bandcamp.com/album/holiday-shenanigans

That is my little free holiday album that I released yesterday, but I didn't really release any tracks to the public before release, so I haven't been able to get any feedback. What I am looking for is possibly someone to just let the songs play in the background while they browse the internet and tell me what the album is like overall, as well as the individual tracks. Like which ones stand out, which ones fall flat. This would really mean a lot to get some feedback.

Jonnie91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That piece is outstanding Lil' Yami. Love the piano Dynamics!

http://hydegames.bandcamp.com/album/holiday-shenanigans

That is my little free holiday album that I released yesterday, but I didn't really release any tracks to the public before release, so I haven't been able to get any feedback. What I am looking for is possibly someone to just let the songs play in the background while they browse the internet and tell me what the album is like overall, as well as the individual tracks. Like which ones stand out, which ones fall flat. This would really mean a lot to get some feedback.
Jingled Bells:

This track is amazing! I just loved the acoustic guitar in this one!

Carol Of the Bells

Love the effects on the bass (I think that was a bass guitar) Thought it was pulled off perfectly, loved the solo. good changes of speed, brilliant work! :)

Just One For Christmas

Quite a change from the first two, a different pace and feel, something that can be abit risky to do, I feel you pulled it off really well! After the fast pace of the first two, I LOVED the wind-down from this one.

Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy

This feels abit too dark...and completely outta place with the rest of the tracks in the album, I still love the track :D just feels abit outta place with the rest of the tracks, has abit more of a darker undertone to me..

Silent Night

Peaceful and tranquil, not sure on the bends, but that could just be my own personal preference, it doesn't ruin it but doesn't really add much.

It Came Upon a Winter's Night

No complaints about this one at all :)

Silver Bells

Another great track, I love the Octave Guitar during the Call and response! Love it :)

Russian Dance Trepak:

There's some clipping with the Staccato Stabs/Chords, which takes away from the track, apart from that I love it :)

That Time Of Year:

Love it xD

Canon in D Major:

Freaking beautiful, I love Canon in D Major, and I love it with the guitars! My favorite track in the entire album xD

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Jingled Bells:

This track is amazing! I just loved the acoustic guitar in this one!

Carol Of the Bells

Love the effects on the bass (I think that was a bass guitar) Thought it was pulled off perfectly, loved the solo. good changes of speed, brilliant work! :)

Just One For Christmas

Quite a change from the first two, a different pace and feel, something that can be abit risky to do, I feel you pulled it off really well! After the fast pace of the first two, I LOVED the wind-down from this one.

Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy

This feels abit too dark...and completely outta place with the rest of the tracks in the album, I still love the track :D just feels abit outta place with the rest of the tracks, has abit more of a darker undertone to me..

Silent Night

Peaceful and tranquil, not sure on the bends, but that could just be my own personal preference, it doesn't ruin it but doesn't really add much.

It Came Upon a Winter's Night

No complaints about this one at all :)

Silver Bells

Another great track, I love the Octave Guitar during the Call and response! Love it :)

Russian Dance Trepak:

There's some clipping with the Staccato Stabs/Chords, which takes away from the track, apart from that I love it :)

That Time Of Year:

Love it xD

Canon in D Major:

Freaking beautiful, I love Canon in D Major, and I love it with the guitars! My favorite track in the entire album xD
Thank you very much for taking the time for these. It means a lot.

Jingled Bells was by far the most fun to record. It was a blast and that means a lot due to the fact that this album was the first time that I played mostly acoustic (which was hard as I have always been an electric player, dabbling in acoustic very little). Pulling solos on the acoustic made me feel pretty good.

Carol of the Bells is pretty much the same feeling. The solo surprised me a bit though as it sounded terrible in my mind when I played it live. But for some reason, when I listened to the recording afterwards, it sounded better. Still not sure I agree with my mixing on that track though, but overall I feel happy with it.

Just One for Christmas is actually one of two songs on the album that were originals (the other being "That Time of Year"). Both are featured on previous albums, "Just One..." being on my latest.

Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy... That one... lol. Well, I felt I needed to do that track as I had gotten the chance to record with an actual legitimate Celest, which was the instrument used in the original composition of the song by Tchaikovsky. However, the dark feeling was intentional. See, the Celest is a very happy instrument, very cheerful and light. I, for some reason, loved the idea of making a Celest sound darker and more foreboding. In came the vibraphone, played at a lower octave.

Silent Night, pretty simple. My signature instrument on my first couple of albums, besides the distorted guitar, was my 12-string guitar. I tend to like holiday songs played on it, so it made a comeback for this album.

Midnight Clear is really a show of where I am improving in my musical skill. See, I had never played piano before writing for my second album, and I literally learned to play just for that album. Now I am in love with the sound of a guitar over a piano backing it.

Silver Bells is a combination of using the acoustic for the lower line, 12-string for the callback higher pitch, and the piano backing.

Russian Dance did not turn out how I wanted. The mixing messed up for some reason and cut some sounds. I may remix it and re-release it sometime. The original score I wrote for it also included the French Horn you hear at the end of Silver Bells, a trombone, two trumpets, and a flute. As you can see, the original idea was a very ambitious composition compared to my other music, lol.

Canon in D... How could I NOT do that song? I mean seriously, I love it.

Jonnie91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Canon in D... How could I NOT do that song? I mean seriously, I love it.
Canon in D was one of the first songs I learnt by ear on piano, it is just such a magical piece to me, i have no idea why I just love it.

Midnight Clear is really a show of where I am improving in my musical skill. See, I had never played piano before writing for my second album, and I literally learned to play just for that album. Now I am in love with the sound of a guitar over a piano backing it.
Well that makes it even more amazing, I didn't realize you'd not actually played Piano before the album, beautiful work, guitar and piano is always something that is so beautiful together! always sounds amazing!

I've got a few tracks I'd quite like some feedback on, come to mention it:

The Dreamer

I am trying to give my music abit more depth as recently I felt it has certainly been abit lacking, to say the least, so this was me trying to work more with my Orchestral Composition, which I believe is my weak point, after investing some money in the Garritan Personal Orchestra it was about time I started using it to it's full potential!

This piece is designed to be a character theme, for a typical RPG Character, this one is meant to be the Dreamer of the Party, whether it be the cuts-y little sister of the Hero (which is what some see) or whether it's the Vanille of the party (not much difference really I know)

but that's what I wanted to portray in this piece.

Standing Under One Small Star

This one is me once again, trying to push my music to feel more "full" rather than empty, me using orchestral instruments to pick up the piece abit more! I would love to know what people think of it compositionally..(if that's a word)

The Lotus Flower

This one was an Oriental inspired track which I enjoyed writing so much, some feedback on it would be lovely :D

Sir X

The Captain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Heyho everybody. End of last year I decided to upload my songs (best case weekly) Now after my 4th update on soundcloud, I think I can finally post up my stuff here too ^^

my newest song (uploaded the day I post this) is this one here https://soundcloud.com/johnmcfusel/rpg-atmos-intense-atmosphere

In case you like it I hope you also want to hear my other songs. In case a song gets a positive response I decided to give it free for use by you. Then you can simply download the song from my soundcloud page. My only interest then is to know how you use it :) Well, in case it is allowed here I would post my updates here too. In case it is not: Updated version on rpgmakerweb can be found here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/20768-sir-x%C2%B4s-soundtracks/#entry209438.

I really hope you enjoy my stuff. It´s great to be part of a really nice community.

Greetings,

Sir X

moon

the moon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Grubilman - that sounds good to me, other than the general audio quality I think. The music itself is cool

@SirX - I really liked the quiet forest piece most of all on your page, it has nice soounds and atmosphere.

More random improv from me (because Ive not been able to write anything proper in ages :<):

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/8976/locker/AnotherPianoMessThing.mp3

Last edited by a moderator:

Housekeeping

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, I thought I'd share some of my music.  In the past, I've composed entirely in Powertab and Anvil Studio--both The God of Crawling Eyes and A Very Long Rope to the Top of the Sky have all MIDI soundtracks (it's not a bad thing, I swear!).  For Christmas I got a MIDI guitar, so I played around with Reason (and Audacity to toy with some samples) and this is what came out:

https://soundcloud.com/a-very-long-rope/osaka-konnichiwa

I'd like to use it for a future game (that may or may not happen) so I'm keeping it close to my chest, but I'd love to hear what people think (and I really should actually POST on this forum).

xxxxxxxxxx

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I've been a musician for 7 years and recently started making Chiptune music. I tried my hand at making an RPG to incorporate my music, needless to say that was a disaster, haha.

I'm adding vocals to all my tracks and thought you guys might enjoy it. Maybe one day I'll get around to the game, I had a pretty sick storyline if you ask me. XD

https://soundcloud.com/h3llb0und/bloodpainter-vocal

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I got Omnisphere & I love it.

https://soundcloud.com/mark-mckeich/elizabeth

I'm having some weird rumble issues mind you - playing through ASIO/speakers it's fine, but through my headphones and laptop speakers I get that high frequency whenever there's a rumble of bass. Sounds fine in VXA as well. Let me know how it sounds for you!

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all I just started getting into RPG Maker. However I've been writing music for a hypothetical full project for awhile. I haven't settled on a sound font style I want to use for my game so most of my stuff is still in Midi. I like most of what I've completed so far though, just need to settle on my fonts.

https://soundcloud.com/maireadgamemusic/an-unholy-man-dr-rhomneu (A character theme)

https://soundcloud.com/maireadgamemusic/dungeon-music-1 (dungeon music)

Thank you to anyone who takes the time! I've had a lot of fun listening to your pieces.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quigon, I wouldn't worry too much. Some computer speakers tend to do that. I know mine do often (but I am on a regular laptop, so not quality speakers here, lol).

Anyways, you guys mind giving opinions again? I have a track here which is the beginning of a concept album. I am trying to set up a very dark story that will come to light over the course of the album, but I am not sure if this gets the message across. It is supposed to be a VERY powerful beginning. Without giving you any story (don't read the song description just yet until you get into the song), when you listen to it, what picture do you get? Like what visions come to mind without knowing first what it is about.

https://soundcloud.com/hyde9318/devastation

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like this. Sirens have  a profound effect on me and this piece really illustrates that feeling in musical terms. I like how it starts completely ambient (like the calm before) and then this plugging and chugging guitar and drum rhythm really makes me see a destructive scene in slow motion coming toward me. Overall, great theme.

Housekeeping

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, my original thoughts with that track, hyde, were of a serene forest, then an atomic blast, then just a camera panning across blackened trees and ash throughout the part with instrumentation, so I guess that at least pretty much lines up with what you were going for based on your description (which I read after listening).  It works, but I would have loved to see more dissonance and rhythmic variance (like you'd see in math metal) at least in the immediate space after the bomb blast to illustrate the chaos of an atomic blast, which could then slowly transition into the plodding doomsday drums and repeating guitar line.  That would be more interesting for my ear--this is coming from someone who tends to like music that's pretty far left of center, so take that with a grain of salt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I think I've created a monster.
...and I love it. <3
Today represents my one year anniversary of throwing out the tile map. :LZSexcite: One year ago my game looked like...

And now for those that don't know, it looks like..

What a year, what a year indeed. RIP Tile Map, nobody misses you. :LZSwink:
There is now a demo released for [Beyond the Mirror]! Check the team recruitment thread to learn more!
'Tis the season to see shipping prices and go 'Yikes'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasaseocirebon