Post Your Music

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by Archeia, Jul 31, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Demon God Démigra

Demon God Démigra Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Medic Everything I've come across says that it only supports the WAV and AIF formats.

I had surely forgotten that I made a Ust out of this, and although I did not take the proper time to tune that Ust for optimal compatibility with my voice I can in no way deny that my voice sounds unequivocally divine on anything originally sang by Kamui Gakupo. And behold my extra effort to make a video along with it... I may go re-tune that (And with my slightly better mixing skill now...), because I like this particular song - Imperfect Flower.

It didn't impress she who I was trying to impress. Then again, nothing I ever do does... Ungodly woman and her resistance to my charms.

2. Medic

Medic Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    @Resposer - Nice work, thanks for sharing! I like Crescendo the best out of the those two. It has nice chill elements combined with a danceable jungle style rhythm which is cool.

Thanks to both of you for sharing and letting me know about the audio file formats. I have no issue with using the .wav format and have Sound Forge to convert/resample/edit files any way I may need to but was wondering if perhaps IG Maker supported stereo as opposed to just mono. So far I can only get mono to work. If that's a just a limitation it has, I can live with it. 

3. Necrox

Necrox Villager Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  4. Kaimen

Kaimen Noisemaker Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Alright, I don't know why you put your tracks on private but... I listened to them anyway. I know, kinda beats the purpose of "private", huh? XD

Golden Dawn

If I had to put this into a game I'd go with a forest or some similar area that requires a "light" sounding song. It reminds me a little of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in a way... can't really tell why that is though. I especially like the subtle use of tubular bells in this one. However I feel that it could still use some polishing. Either with a little more variety or one or two more instruments to back up the piano.

Don't Enter the Forest

That one would be wonderful as a chiptune. It has that early Gameboy music style vibe to it that reminds me of all the adventures and RPGs I used to play as a kid. Think Viridian Forest from Pokémon R/B/Y for example. If you have any means of making this into a chiptune I would be thrilled to listen to that. I like the overall concept of the song but I feel due to its simplicity it would work better with an overall simpler style.

Got something for you guys too today. If you can remember the song "Sleep, My Love" I posted here not too long ago, part of this battle theme here should sound familiar. "Fight, My Love" works with parts of "Sleep, My Love" to create an overall leitmotif for many songs I plan on making. I want these songs to be considered as parts of the same opus, maybe even considered to be an actual game's soundtrack (without any game in this case XD).

I know it's still quite simple and I don't know if using parts of "Sleep, My Love" worked out as well as it could have been. But I am quite fond of the intro to this song! :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
  5. Necrox

Necrox Villager Member

@Kaimen This feels like it belongs in some dark and twisted anime thriller like Mirai Nikki (title fits song well too). I like the vibe of it; it makes me think of some sadist who finds pleasure in giving people strange and awful challenges. Not that I would admire that behavior of course, but the atmosphere is right.

6. Medic

Medic Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Out of curiousity, and I'm sorry if I missed it in any prior posts, but what DAW/software/hardware does everyone like to use for their game music (specifically game music). For me, I've started out on my game music using Reason 8 with extra refills+rack extensions and FL Studio 11 with various VSTs for my DAWs, Sound Forge to Edit and Convert files, my laptop (an i5 Dell), and Sony MDR-7506 headhphones/nice house speakers to monitor audio on. I usually have an M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 for a midi controller but some crazy girl broke the whole *?#!@ thing!

7. Reposer

Reposer Composer, Cool Guy Member

First Language:
    English
    @Necrox: Yea, I'm unsure of how tot view them when they're on private,so sorry!

@Kaimen: I really like that, don't really have much criticism, I think it works well!

@Medic: I use Magix Music Maker, 2015 right now. I can use it for all my amsteri and converting and everything, as well as obviously composing the music as well. It's already got a host of samples and instruments so I don't really have any of my other ones installed on it. Ps have crappy speakers, but my headphones are Siberia Elite. Not studio headphones but they get the job done, I think. My MIDI is just an Akai Professional Mini APK I believe is the full name, something like that. I don't use it as often as I should though :c

8. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Medic: a question like that is a bit off topic and could derail the whole thread. There's a thread with a very similar question in Program and Utility Discussion, you could pick up this discussion in that thread or make a new thread there.

9. Necrox

Necrox Villager Member

I put my tracks on private because I don't want to put them out yet (WIPs), but I guess they can't be heard in private. I'll try to get them updated to a point that is not embarrassingly rough so that they can be made public. I'll definitely make a chiptune of Don't Enter the Forest; that is a neat idea.

10. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm going to be very busy with commissions for a while guys so I won't be able to give much in the way of feedback compared to usual.  If anyone really really needs feedback, send me a pm okay? :)

11. Reposer

Reposer Composer, Cool Guy Member

First Language:
    English
    @Scythus: Alright, no problem, have fun doing them!

12. Medic

Medic Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Nm, disregard. It isn't that important. It would be cool if other areas of the forum were moderated with the same intensity. Yesterday I end up in a technical thread about IG Maker that turned into a role playing thread, and no one said anything about that. Strange.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
  13. Necrox

Necrox Villager Member

@Kaimen Here's the chip version

@Medic was your latest track influenced by Aphex Twin?

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2015
    That Bread likes this.
  14. Blinn

Blinn Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Here's something I made recently, in Audacity. Sometimes I play it on loop when I want to relax. :)

Necrox and That Bread like this.
  15. Necrox

Necrox Villager Member

@Blinn That's some nice ambience. I really like the imagery the title gives it too. Makes me think of a giant, mystical tower with hidden secrets.

Blinn likes this.
  16. Schematist

Schematist Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Reposer: I am really liking the direction of Rotary, I want to get into more hip-hop stuff myself, but I never took the jump yet. As for Final Boss, I think it sounds fantastic, but I saw it more as a death of a major character or an ally who went traitor. Solid stuffs!

@Archduke: This can definitely work for a town, but overall I feel more of a city underwater. This takes me back to the time of good final fantasy Adventure 2 for Gameboy. There was so much imagination in this piece as well as that game.

@Ronnyn: Your orchestral Marble Zone hit was lovely!!! Even though I hate to admit it, I am a big sonic fan. I just don’t like what has become of the recent sonic games.  Your original songs midnight vampire variations are incredible. I haven’t found the best way to make variations of 1 song yet, but this is just incredible. 3 very varied and unique styles! J

@Kaimen: FFV had a magnificent soundtrack and you using it for inspiration worked well as this project is just ACE. It gave me an Ocarina of Time somewhere in there as well.

I love Classic RPG battle themes and I had to do another one for Oraia Rift, so I thought to share this *WIP*

Archduke likes this.
  17. Necrox

Necrox Villager Member

I almost said the guitar is not edgy enough, but I've decided it is (maybe it's Imaginary Flying Machines influence). I wish it was louder so it could contribute to the more driving half of your usual aggression/serenity balance. Other than that, the song sounds solid.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
    Schematist likes this.
  18. Schematist

Schematist Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
     Thank you for the breakdown! Who knows I might go back in and raise the intensity of the guitars a bit!

19. Blinn

Blinn Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you! That's exactly what I was going for. :)

20. Hibarist

Hibarist Music Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Shematist: I really like the guitars of the track!

Well, i'm starting to get into the gaming music scene and i wanna try different styles but i figured out it was better to start with the basic, like some fantasy old school rpg music, i'd love any feedback !

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35724022/game1.mp3