Post Your Music

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by Archeia, Jul 31, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Archduke

Archduke Jack of all Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Necrox: The snare drum is a bit loud. It could also probably use more melodic variety. But overall I thought it was a pretty cool attempt at something new!

@MISTER BIG T: Love this! Don't have any real complaints here.

- Duke

2. Cyreides

Cyreides Producer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Been away for a bit, working on a ton of different things, and I tried something new. Decided to try my hand at some mixes. This is the second one I ended up doing, and I did it last night with some additional production on the tracks in the mix.

I think it's still very much in the same mood of my original compositions, not upbeat like most mixes would be for dancing or anything.

3. Reposer

Reposer Composer, Cool Guy Member

First Language:
    English
    @Cyreides: Long time no see! I've been doing much of the same, and have a few songs for myself to post finally. I love this mix you have going on, especially the voices. Where do you get voice samples from, or do you have someone singing? Either way, it works well, and I definitely enjoy it, good job!

I have three things to show right now, hopefully that's not too bothering. The first one is a hip-hop type dealio that I started forever ago, and finished a few days ago, then adjusted today. Here's that:

The next one is some sort of jazzy jazz, although not 100% sure if I should call it that, cause it was made with Rasta sample stuff...anywhos here's this one:

And the last one is something short that I made to fit a video for a class thing, not really an RPG but I ended up liking it a lot so here ya go!

4. Archduke

First Language:
    English
    @Reposer:

Grozzle: Can't really comment on this one since I'm heavily biased against Hip-hop.

Zealous: The intro seems a bit long, and I definitely wouldn't call it jazz since it doesn't have a swingy vibe to it. It's pretty static in that respect.

Deeprow Technologies: Uhh, genuinely don't know what to say about this. Maybe the drumkit used is a bit weird? It's very drone-y and repetitive as well, but maybe that's not too bad in this case? Hm. I'd say if it could be made a little more interesting you'd have something pretty cool here, maybe.

- Duke

5. Cyreides

First Language:
    English
    Thanks! And they were part of the original songs actually. I wish I knew where to get good vocal samples or had someone to sing.  :(

This last one is my favorite. Nice and chill and atmospheric, it's great!

6. Necrox

Necrox Villager Member

@Cyreides I know Black Octopus has vocal samples for sale ($50 maybe).

7. Cyreides

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for the info on them, but I'd probably never buy a vocal pack tbh. There's no garauntee I'll ever use those enough to warrant that price tag. I'd much rather sample from songs I know and like to find something to build around, or use acapella's or get a singer to perform a new set of vocals for my song specifically.

EDIT:

Here's a remix I've been working on day and night for the past week, finally done...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2015
  8. Archduke

First Language:
    English
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2015
  9. Blinn

Blinn Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Here's something I haven't tried in a while, music!

10. Archduke

First Language:
    English
    I don't think we want to start a trend where everyone just posts music and no one offers critique like another forum I know. 0:

- Duke

Scythuz likes this.
  11. Blinn

Blinn Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I was just thinking about that and I feel bad because I usually don't really have any useful critique or feedback to give half these tracks. :(

12. Necrox

Necrox Villager Member

AGHHH, I need to be on more often. The whole reason I joined this forum was because the Overclocked Remix forums are tumbleweed for feedback.

I'll get to feedback later tonight. I just started listening to an album and I have piano practice.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2015
  13. Archduke

First Language:
    English
    I realized I forgot to post my commentary, heh.

@Blinn: I don't know what to really say about this, it sounds kinda neat but doesn't really develop much/go anywhere. The strange flourish of the longer synths is interesting, though.

- Duke? Duke...

14. Necrox

Necrox Villager Member

@Blinn pretty much what Archduke said

@Archduke A New Sunrise sounds like it will be a great fit for whatever mobile game it will be for. It has a fantasy vibe but is simple enough to easily digest in the background. The Jungle of Beats is not really my thing, but the atmosphere was kinda nice.

@Cyreides Definitely outside of my taste, but the background (beat/strings/etc) was cool. 

@Reposer Grozzle has like the most happy-skippy intro in hip hop (at least in the very little I've heard). I like the calm and slightly surreal atmosphere; usually this genre doesn't sound that way. Jazz is not my thing either, so good with Zealous; it's a cool piece with a funky yet mysterious vibe. It reminds me a lot of Wall Market from FFVII (definitely a good thing). Deeprow Technologies is a really good mellow piece. It reminds me of IDM for some reason.

Cyreides likes this.
  15. Hibarist

Hibarist Music Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I've been working from time to time on this, trying to get the style of Shoji Meguro (Persona games specifically)

16. Reposer

Reposer Composer, Cool Guy Member

First Language:
    English
    @Cryeides: Wow, I love all the stuff you do, and this is no exception. I really like the beat, and it goes great with the vocals. Great job with this, I think it's awesome!

@Archduke: For A New Sunrise, I really don't have anything to talk about, it's really nice, can't tell what, but it reminds me of something, just can't quite put my finger on what. Jungle of Beats is nice in idea, but I think the synth and drums are too loud. I can tell slightly that there are other things rather than the main synth, but it's hard to tell because of the volume, and the drums would likely need to be toned down a little if that was too, but hard to tell. Good aside from that though.

@Blinn: Don't have much else to say, nice sound, but nothing to it other than a semi-repeating loop. Nothing bad, but for a full song it'd need to be utilized differently.

@Metereo: I really like this, sounds just like something out of Persona, don't really have any criticism that I can think of, good work.

Got a good amount of recent projects, older ones that I never quite completed, and a few new, from the past week or so. Won't put them all in one post, here are a few first:

This one is one of my favorite out of my recent projects, another dubstep, made to be boss-like music and that sort:

The next one is a nice little ambient tune, not sure what for,  but I'll find a use. Also one of my favorites recently:

The last one is one of Duke's fave genres: Hip-hop...ish. That's here:

Cyreides and Hibarist like this.
  17. Necrox

Necrox Villager Member

@Metereo Nice start, would like to hear more. You probably already know it, but you hit the vibe you were aiming for.

@Reposer Insanity seems a bit too repetitive in the first 30 secs. Perhaps it's because you labeled it as dubstep, but I spent nearly half the song "waiting for the drop" (different listening mode). After I got out of that, the little percussion nuances became noticed and the vibe became obvious. Interesting experiment, I like the intensity of the last 80 or so seconds. Isotope's intro was kind of funny becuase ambient to me = Brian Eno stuff and you have a four to the floor going on XD. I can't quite put my finger on the vibe, but it seems cool. I like the return at 2:51. that bass in Asterisk is nice. I like this take on hip-hop more than your others. It definitely feels like walking down the streets.

18. Rikifive

Rikifive Bringer of Happiness Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I did that some time ago on my smartphone. I copied that to my PC, where I recorded that using emulator and the quality went down, since it emulates differently than the one on my smartphone. You may notice random weird noises...

It's my first 8 bit song using that program. :p

19. Archduke

First Language:
    English
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
  20. Rikifive

Rikifive Bringer of Happiness Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @Archduke

I never used any of that stuff before, I never made any music before. That was my first music ever created and it took me more than 20 hours. =P

Quote of Awesomeness:

"There are a few places where it seems to go off-key for one note is probably my only criticism."

Yes you're right. That's because I was doing on my smartphone and the quality went down. =P