Post Your Music

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by Archeia, Jul 31, 2013.

Tags:
  1. .Gage

.Gage Pizza Day, Every Day Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Dimitris likes this.
  2. Saltwater Croc

Saltwater Croc Voice Actor/Frelance Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Why do people skip you? That's terrible. :|

C'mon, you guys. And a newbie, too! ;)

Everyone's music needs love. Not just the popular ones. :p

Now, let's see... :D

Hmmm.  It's very minimalistic and abstract... like an artistic sense.   This piece, to me, is the dramatic two lines and a splotch of green paint that people clamor over,... in musical form.

It's pretty ethereal.  I like it!

Mess 3 makes me think of a lake for some reason. A lake at night. And you can see the stars.... o_o This makes me think of Proteus. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
    Dimitris likes this.
  3. Dimitris

Dimitris Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @.Gage Dude, gather together these songs (+the others you definitely have that are in the same style), make a soundcloud, a bandcamp, a twitter and a fb account, interact and connect with other people and artists and promote your music. There are A LOT of people who like ambient "feel good" music (I'm one of them).   The tracks are beautiful.

4. Kaimen

Kaimen Noisemaker Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @.Gage: I'm with Dimitris here. There's a huge fan base of ambient music out there and you should definitely get out there and take your music with you. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of ambient style music but I kept your Mess 2 playing for almost 10 minutes and came up with a melody in the meantime. Definitely some good work. :)

-----

Alright, I gots two songs for you today. One I finished a few days ago and a freshly finished one. 

Sharp Edges ~ Battle Theme

Some time last week there was this melody going around in my head. So I decided to put it down and make a battle theme out of it. There's just one issue I have with it: somehow that melody seems familiar to me. I don't know where I could've heard it before though. Maybe you got an idea. XD

Prehistoric Artisan ~ Amysaurus's Theme

I like to dedicate songs to artists I like and to honor their work. And this is the second time I've done this. Now, aside from the dedication I think this would fit well in an adventure type of game or even a graphic novel. :)

5. Dimitris

Dimitris Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Kaimen Sharp Edges is ok, it's interesting BUT, Prehistoric Artisan... omg dude. Best bass and vibe I've heard in a long time! Very naughty vibe throughout! My only suggestion is to change the piano sound (only the sound, leave the melody), find something more playful because the simple piano sound seems not to mix so much with the whole "happy" situation in the track. Just that. And keep it up!

6. .Gage

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks for the criticism guys, means a bunch

I made a new soundcloud for sound design and soundtrack production purposes if you guys are interested in that, my url might change soon though as it is pending approval to get a url that has already been taken https://soundcloud.com/soundsbygage

Kaimen, I feel as though Amysaurus's Theme is too mid/low, you should give the piano a bit more treble, I still like the melodies and like how simple it sounds for a pixel detective game or something of the sort, and I really enjoy that battle theme also

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
    Saltwater Croc likes this.
  7. Saltwater Croc

Saltwater Croc Voice Actor/Frelance Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Kaimen: Prehistoric Artisan
    I'm just not feeling this one... The melody doesn't seem to go anywhere for me. It might be more convincingly prehistoric sounding if you  used more "period" sounds like mallets.  Perhaps a xylophone or a marimba?

Anyway, it sounds nice.

Gage: Excellent sounds. You seem to have a very high quality mic

8. ProjectTrinity

ProjectTrinity Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    90% of my most recent tracks can't be posted since they belong to clients, SO, here, have a demo-reel with snippets of some of my old-bests!

9. .Gage

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    ProjectTrinity those sound super nice, some of them remind me of the Guild Wars 2 soundtrack which I absolutely love

ProjectTrinity likes this.
  10. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Don't think I've posted in this thread.

Uh...

This is something I literally just finished. It's a battle theme for an RMVXA project that's currently going on under re-writing (as it used to be an RMXP and audiodrama before). The story is split up into 4 "discs", as I like to call it. And this is the battle theme for Disc II.

Also while I'm at it, I may as well post the battle theme for Disc I too.

ChipZealot, Dimitris and Sharm like this.
  11. Kaimen

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @McTricky: First off I gotta say that apparently you're a resource staff member for a good reason. That's some high quality work right there. Now...

Battle II ~Bitter Skirmish!~

Love the intro - short and sweet, nothing too fancy. I really dig your subtle use of synths in the background throughout this track. What I really like about this piece is how well the bridge parts connect the different main parts, for example from 1:05 to 1:11. At first I thought the song looped there but, boy, was I ever surprised to hear the diversity that went into this piece. The key change at 1:55 and the mood change at 2:22 really rounded it off. Thumbs up, 10/10, five stars, nothing to criticize.

Battle I ~Blazing Fight!~

First thing I noticed here was the weird glockenspiel (is that even one?) that I found a bit odd and unfitting with the rest of the song. The rock elements set the mood for battle perfectly, especially the part from 0:55 to 1:06. And 2:28 to 2:34 reminds me of "The Fierce Battle" from Final Fantasy V which had a similar section just before looping. All in all, I enjoyed it. I am a huge fan of battle themes after all. But that glockenspiel(?)... that's the only thing I don't like. It doesn't "ruin" the song but it distracts me.

All in all, I really dig these battle themes. Makes me want to go off and play some "Tales of". Awesome work!

-----

I really hate posting my stuff after reviewing something so awesome as McTricky's stuff... but hey, I shouldn't compare too much, right? XD

Anyway, this is something I've been working on for almost a week for some reason. I don't know why it took so long to finish because it's not that complicated of a song. All I did was try out and see if I can compose a more blues-ish and gloomy song. I'm pretty satisfied with what I got though. :)

Ms Littlefish likes this.
  12. Archduke

Archduke Jack of all Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Kaimen: For a while I was really confused as to why I couldn't hear anything. Had to turn my speakers up, haha! It does feel somewhat blues-y, and I always love a good upright bass. I'd only say to try to make it a bit louder (the upright bass that is).

And after not posting anything for a while, I got a few new sample libraries and I made this as I played around with some of the sounds:

https://soundcloud.com/literature-corner/the-baroque

It's in a kind've awkward time signature, so it sounds a bit awkward in places, but other than that I really like how it turned out.

I also didn't do any mixing or mastering of any sort.

- Duke

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2015
  13. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Archduke I have to agree with you that the time is a bit awkward. The flute melody is actually pretty in time but the funniness is definitely in the piano and the metallophones. 

@Kaimen I'm a sucker for anything jazzy, noir, or blues. So I have to say I really like this song's swagger. It's something you snap your fingers to. I actually think the upright is OK, it's not plugged in after all. The horns, particularly the saxophone need more vitamins though.

@McTricky You always do an amazing job of creating energy and drive in a battle theme. You pick great instruments and have wonderful melodies and rhythms as well. But I feel like there is often so much going on, or that it's all so loud, that it's difficult to decipher each part from one another at times. 

It's been ages since I've posted here. Most of my new songs are private right now. XD

https://soundcloud.com/mslittlefish/three-trees-theme-twenty-years-piano-version

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015
    ChipZealot and Dimitris like this.
  14. Dimitris

Dimitris Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @McTricky Very professional work on both the tracks. Energy and production. You know what you're doing.

@Ms Littlefish Classic Littlefish. Beautiful playing, love the sound of the piano, a track full of feelings. What you should check is that, it sounds like you have a droning root note below your playing and clashes with the composition. Is it because of the delay? Is it like an ambient sound you've got going on? I don't know exactly but maybe you should check that. Other than that, perfect.

I haven't yet made a SoundCloud for my gaming music (and I have a few good ones to post) but until then you can check my most recent track on my main artist account which is Retro Electronic Dance Music. Tell me what you think :)

https://soundcloud.com/dimi-kaye/her-promise

15. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Shh, don't tell anyone. Ok, tell everyone. It's really bad pedaling. Sometimes I really like that ambient "old piano" effect in moody songs. But you're right, it is a bit extreme. Already in the process of toning that down. 

"Her Promise" really makes me want to show off my mad dance skills. I'm sure that's the absolute intention. I like the small parts that start working their way into the song. The crescendo into 1:13 is glorious. I can hear so many of the parts from the beginning still peaking through and that's my favorite part of this song. Really cool.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015
    Dimitris likes this.
  16. Kaimen

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Ms Littlefish: How do you recognize a well-made moody piano song? It makes you choke. Now, I am very emotional when it comes to music, meaning that I am easily affected by a song's mood. I always want to stand up and punch people when I listen to a battle theme (which is why I stopped listening to game soundtracks on the bus...). Personally, I think your track is amazing. Shows you what kind of power a single instrument can have. :)

@Dimitris: Okay... "Retro Electronic Dance Music", that's a specific genre if I ever saw one. And I gotta say, I kinda like it. I like the build-up you got going on throughout the song. It certainly made my foot tap along to the beat. Only that instrument that starts at 1:44 is a little bit too loud for my taste. But all in all, great work. I'd love to hear more of that. :)

---------

Okay, normally I don't do that but... since my last post I have composed two songs and that's why I'm doing it - posting two songs at once. *gasp*

"Malicious Heart"

Some of you might already know this one. I pulled an all-nighter a couple of days ago to finish it since I couldn't get any sleep before that was done. It's supposed to be some sort of villain theme. Now, you might hear that I was very tired when I finished this when you listen to the last track I added - the bassoon. It's kinda wonky but listening back, I kinda liked it and left it the way it was. :D

"Feel the Beat and Ride the Rhythm"

Nice name, eh? Anyway, this is again one of the "melody stuck in my head" sort I made into a song. And this time I liked the melody so much, I decided to make it my own personal theme. But again, I could swear I have heard a similar melody somewhere before... Meh, I've listened to so many soundtracks that I shouldn't even wonder anymore. XD

Ms Littlefish and Dimitris like this.
  17. Reposer

Reposer Composer, Cool Guy Member

First Language:
    English
    I suck at posting here ;-; I was planning to just post my other things to get em out like, a week ago, and instead I've made more stuff. But I have a priority of what I wanna get feedback on, cause of weird stuff going on in it.

@Gage: I like these songs, very soft and calm, and really nice to just relax with, or play in the background of other things. I really like this stuff, good work on it!

@Kaimen: For the battle theme, I'd say something feels off about it, but I'm not sure what. I'm not the best to listen to for this, but I'd say it may have too much going on within the same pitch? Could be wrong, just feels like too much loudness in one instrument. I really like Prehistoric Artisan, love the melody and the sound you have going on with it! Twilit Streets is relaly nice, I like the groove c: Malicious heart is just fun to listen to, I agree with the Villian thing, I feel like it'd be a good theme for something like an evil king, or someone royal. I like your theme, just a nice melody overall, and nice to listen to.

@Dimitri: This is amazing :o I really like the vibe it has going on and everything. The only thing I found is that, maybe just for me, the synth that starts at 1:00 is panned more right and there's nothing really compensating the left side? I could be incorrect about that though, either because of my ears or headphones, so that's just a grain of salt. Great work on this though, I think it's awesome!

@Littlefish: Nothing I can really pick out about this, great work though, I really like the playing!

@Archduke: Again, nothing specific to point out, but this is a nice piece, good work!

Aight, the 3 things I'm posting for now aren't even all the most recent things, but some stuff I want feedback on more than other things.

The first song I experimented a little with the beginning and ending, and I like it, but I'm not the best feedback for my own stuff, and I wanted to make sure it works, all together ofc, but also the beginning and ending parts. Here's that:

The next one is a little weird for me. It's got a TON of plays for whatever reason but I'm not sure if people are liking it or not, no likes/comments/etc on it, so I wanna see what you guys think of it. Blammo:

The last one is a bit older, and I'm asking on this one just cause it's a bit weird. Don't really know how to genre it, went for Hip-Hop cause drums and stuff but iunno. Either way,  wanted to see if this was something others enjoyed too or no:

Dimitris and Ms Littlefish like this.
  18. mmr

mmr Warper Member

First Language:
    english
  19. Archduke

Archduke Jack of all Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Salutations!... you're supposed to post a few tracks we can give you feedback for, not your entire Soundcloud! :3

- Duke

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
  20. NTakamura

NTakamura Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    One of my songs i made for my brother game called Mana of Life. It only has three views help me expose this piece of mine.