Post Your Music

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by Archeia, Jul 31, 2013.

Tags:
  1. NTakamura

NTakamura Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    In spirit of Halloween I though I would make this song entitled, "Castle of Horrors". I hope everyone enjoys the piece.

2. taistelusopuli

taistelusopuli Your Friendly Neighborhood Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    @NTakamura A cool piece you had there. It still kind of left me cold =\ There wasn't really anything to grasp. Maybe a bit of clarity or simplicity to the chord-melody relationship would do the trick?

Archduke likes this.
  3. Reposer

Reposer Composer, Cool Guy Member

First Language:
    English
    @NTakamura: Ooh, I really like that, a nice approach to the spooky sounds. Don't have much to say on it other than good work!

I suck at posting here, but I've only made a few songs since 'Burn the Floor', but I didn't worry about them and now they old for the most part. Mostly I just wanted to show a "Song" I made for halloween with samples I had. Some of them were a part of a single pack but I also had odds and ends strewn in my folders, like for the singing and talking vocals, and the music box that starts ~1:50. One thing to note is that I do not intend for it to sound like an actual song, just something of a spooky nature. It's discordant and off-beat a lot, but even if I wanted to make it not so, my samples didn't really work in that way, and I like the end result. Here's the thing!

4. Camerovski

Camerovski Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hmmm.... You mean to say that we, as peoples, can POST MOOSICS on a website?!

But to be serious, I write some, but I prefer to write in a more bouncy, energetic style. I have three songs here that I made lately since I made a SoundCloud account and plan on making more.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
  5. Kaimen

Kaimen Noisemaker Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Camerovski: Hmm... I seem to see a pattern in your song titles. "Running", "speedy", "hunt"... they certainly seem hectic in a way. Especially the third one screams at me to run the heck away. Your tracks are fairly simple overall - they kinda remind me of my first tries at composing. How long have you been composing if I may ask? Just trying to get a feel for your abilities because I see some potential here. Your tracks are good for what they are but they need a little more tweaking to be just right, in my opinion. However, do keep us updated. As someone whose style is more calm and reserved I'd love to hear some energetic and hectic songs. :)

----------

Alrighty, guys. News incoming! I'm working on a commercial music pack for MV. I've just finished the first track of it and uploaded a preview to my Soundcloud. I just wanted some input to see if it's even worth the effort. I've been shying away from commercial work because I didn't trust my abilities. That has changed. Well, a little. Just let me know what you think of this preview. ^_^

"Desolate World"

This was made in a five hour composing marathon. Originally, I just wanted to test out a new guitar VST but fiddling around with it, I accidentally made a song. I could imagine this one as map, dungeon or even town theme if the setting permits it. :)

NTakamura likes this.
  6. NTakamura

NTakamura Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Kaimen

The medley you have is a very interesting one. It creates a bit of suspense yet not too much. I also like the guitar I do believe I hear some Pizzicato string in there as well. It adds a nice touch to it. 

Stick with the theme of suspense I have here my lastest song "Fear of the Prey". enjoy.

7. Shake0615

Shake0615 Reanimator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Though I've done music for some time, I've never really thought about applying it to RPG Maker. This is an idea for an upbeat battle theme I put together a few weeks ago while jamming on the guitar/keys over a spastic drum loop I made. Maybe one day, I'll go back and do it with VST's so it sounds like video game music. Warning: this is not mixed lol.

8. taistelusopuli

First Language:
    Finnish
    @Shake0615 That piece is amazing! Couldn't help thinking about some loved power metal heroes :D With some work and fine tuning, this will be a mindblowingly good battle theme!

Shake0615 likes this.
  9. ♥ azura ♥

♥ azura ♥ Solitary Songstress Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
  10. Kaimen

Kaimen Noisemaker Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I must say, as much as I hate the Pokémon GBA soundfonts, you did some great work using them. I can hear that the first one was inspired by the Ancient Pokémon battle theme from R/S/E. It's simplistic yet epic and exciting enough to get you into a battle. And the second one is just head-bobbingly awesome. Seriously, that rhythm had me going with it for the entirety of the song. Definitely fitting for a city. I hear some Diamond/Pearl influences in there actually.

Now, what I'd really like to hear would be these songs without the crappy GBA soundfonts. I'm sorry, but I don't like the GBA soundfont and I think that your songs deserve better than that. Seriously, you should arrange them. So much potential. :D

--------

Alrighty, I also got something for you guys. It's another preview of a track that's gonna be featured in my "MV Music Pack". This time it's a battle-ish theme. Actually influenced by Yoko Shimomura a little. :D

"Confrontation"

♥ azura ♥ likes this.
  11. ♥ azura ♥

♥ azura ♥ Solitary Songstress Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Thanks for listening! The GBA soundfonts are definitely dated nowadays, but I have a nostalgic fondness for them. They were very bold in R/S/E with their incredible use of brass and big drums, and I loved it. And good catch! I used some influences from Black/White for the battle theme as well (specifically the battle theme for the roaming legendaries). I wouldn't mind arranging them, but my problem is that right now, I don't have any good VSTs for 'real' instruments. I mostly work with electronic music (trance, etc.), so I only have Nexus and Sylenth, which have little to no orchestra samples. I have a good piano and music box, and that's it. In fact, here is a rough music box piece that I wrote using a Japanese vocal synthesizer program called Vocaloid. ♪ (My hard drive actually crashed during this project so I had to throw it together from backups. I still really like it, though)

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/58517/locker/N.mp3

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015
  12. NTakamura

NTakamura Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @azura

I had a chance to listen to your song. They sound great. I really like the first one. It has that nostalgic feeling to it. And it sound like a elite four or a champion theme in my opinion.My lastest Battle theme "Iron Will".

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
    ♥ azura ♥ likes this.
  13. Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen Professional Tonio Apologist Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm not a musician but I do like to dabble in it sometimes

I made a few things in the past with Vocaloid and LMMS or FL

song sketch #1

I expanded this melody https://clyp.it/ubobknbu into this https://clyp.it/xbtlbhc1

Vocaloid Tonio is singing here and I'm kinda unsure with the lyrics, I'll rework the thing when I get my PC back and have access to my VSTs again. 

the whole song without the lyrics https://clyp.it/sroreqr3 - the beep you hear is the vocal melody
    song sketch #2

this was actually made before the first one, this one is using Vocaloid Leon

https://clyp.it/dykagrmu?token=0c1c752f7d8314aeceb206fed5561b8c

No lyrics at the moment and sadly the files are locked in my dead PC (I got word it will be fixed next week so crossing my fingers here)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
  14. taistelusopuli

First Language:
    Finnish
    Something I wrote recently for a mobile game :)

Shake0615 likes this.
  15. Tobbx

Tobbx Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Recently started to write some Game Music inspired songs. It's a small playlist now but i guess more will be added in due time. 

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
  16. Secret Machines

Secret Machines Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi, 

I'm a composer and huge RPG fan since the days of SNES.  

Here's a link to a song called "Lost Island" I recently made with some synths I sampled:

https://soundcloud.com/andrew-goodwin-composer/lost-islands

I wanted to do a quick introduction since this is my first post on the forum.

Thanks,

Andrew

17. Tobbx

Tobbx Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    New Battle Theme style track. Inspired by Kingdom Hearts and McTricky's tutorial video on Youtube. 

And this little track for a Shrine in a forest meadow or something. Very much my own style. 

18. taistelusopuli

First Language:
    Finnish
    @Tobbx You are a very good composer :) Sounds like you are using EWQL libraries? I would add a bit more reverb to the piece named Try One More Time. It sounds an inch too dry :) But musically, you have your act down!

@Secret Maschines Lost Island sounds really nice! Reminded me of Crash Bandicoot and the good old Spyro :)

19. Housekeeping

Housekeeping Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @NTakamura: For some reason the volume seems to be fading in and out.  Dynamics can give an organic feel to a song, but with your instrumentation I think it would be better to have either big jumps with dynamics but otherwise kept pretty flat (at least with the guitar).  You should also probably find more realistic guitar tones.  It can be hard, but right now that guitar tone really shows that it's a midi.  That can be fine if everything is reading as a midi, but the synth and piano both sound more realistic, so it's conflicting a bit.

@Chorvaqueen: I think you might want to add more to the bass line; that first song is feeling a bit lean.  Vocaloids are interesting though; I haven't really played with them yet, but I bet they're fun!  That second song sketch link isn't working, by the way.

@taisetlusopoli: Sounds piratey!  That'd totally fit in a Pirates of the Caribbean film.

@Tobbx: "Holy Shrine" and "Krista's Theme" remind me of Tales games, though that main riff on "Holy Shrine" is definitely it's own thing altogether.  Sounded very cool!  "Try One More Time" was pretty sweet, too; you definitely captured the Kingdom Hearts Feel.  I think the secret's in the mix of the heavy rhythm with the more ethereal instrumentation behind it.

@Secret Machines: Very cool instrumentation.  The spaced out parts reminded me of the Postal Service a bit.  It's a song that's very much about showcasing all the different timbres, which is something I love.  The only one I'm not totally sure of is the synth that kicks on at :14.  I don't know--it might pull the ear a little too hard, but that also sounds like the intent, so I'm also kind of okay with it.  This is a fun track to listen to--my ear just keeps getting pulled to each new noise.

Here's a new track for Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass:

What I love about this game is that I composed two tracks last week: "Butterscotch Train" and "Sarcastic Applause from the Darkness."  I posted the happy track since it's almost Thanksgiving, but, man, it's great to be able to compose in such a wide variety of styles.

20. Saltwater Croc

Saltwater Croc Voice Actor/Frelance Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Housekeeping Many of your samples sound very midi.  Not sure if that's what you're going for or not... but...

Then again, back in its day, the SNES was alllll that and a bag o' chips.

The melody is light and airy; it reminds me of something that would be featured in SNES era Kirby games.

Well done. :)