Post Your Music

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by Archeia, Jul 31, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Kaimen

Kaimen Noisemaker Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Still wiggling my foot to it. And it still reminds me of the Groovitron themes from Ratchet & Clank Future. I think this would fit very well on a loading screen to be honest. Or those mini game introduction screens you got in Mario Party. :D

Also, @McTricky: you can't deny that Shimomura. And that voice in "Sorceress of Elements"... hoo boy, that gave me the chills. That's exactly the level of awesome I hope to achieve some time! :)

------

And here's my contribution for the day. I finally overcame my lack of creativity and my laziness and finished this theme I started a few days ago. Don't know if the preview is enough to form an opinion on it. Let me know what you think of it anyway. :)

"Sacred Place of the Waters"

Again, I tried to make a Zelda-esque dungeon/temple theme. Well... seems I can't deny my own composing style no matter what I try to compose. However, I do think that this can be used in a water dungeon nonetheless. XD

2. Bakuda

Bakuda The Music Man Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Very cool.  The one critique I have is turn the synth down just a tad.  That harp is doing some awesome things in the background and I'd love to hear more of it.  But a nice little track.

Saltwater Croc and Kaimen like this.
  3. Secret Machines

Secret Machines Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi Noisemaker,

+1 with Bakuda to the harp being more heard.  I would suggest trying to pan the louder bell/rhodes synth instrument more to the left (instead of it being present in the whole stereo field) or maybe limit the stereo width of it.  Nice theme regardless.

I just finished 5 tracks written in an RPG style:

https://soundcloud.com/andrew-goodwin-composer/sets/journey-to-the-crystal

4. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you! I started around 2008, but didn't start doing it properly (read: decided on it as a career) until 2010-2011.

What else is new, right? I get compared to my senpai Shimomura a lot. Even one of friends have started calling me Jeremura (my name is Jeremiah)! XD Aside from the variant of the Night of Fate melody in "Sorceress of Elements", personally I don't think these sounded very Kingdom Hearts-like to me.

THIS on the other hand...well this was very much invoked.

5. Tensei

Tensei Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Good stuff in this thread. I'm contributing this song that I made quite a while ago, but I think it still gives a decent impression of the kind of music I make. I wrote it as a stereotypical JRPG boss theme in the style of the Ys games (with maybe a bit of Guilty Gear in there as well?).​
     ​

hiromu656, McTricky, Natural and 3 others like this.
  6. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, Tensei. Gotta say. That is really badass. I totally hear the inspirations in it, too.

7. Saltwater Croc

Saltwater Croc Voice Actor/Frelance Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Tensei, I LOVE this. Anything with a rockin' electric violin is an insta-win for me because it's so hard to do WELL.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you play?  How long have you been composing?
    I hope to reach a skill level like this someday. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
  8. ♥ azura ♥

♥ azura ♥ Solitary Songstress Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    This isn't a composition this time around, but instead it is a vocal cover of another composer's song ♥

@Tensei, that theme is awesome! I feel like fighting a megaboss at the game's climax to that music.

9. Tensei

Tensei Warper Member

First Language:
    English

Thank you for the kind words!

@Saltwater Croc

I've been composing specifically for videogames for about a year and a half, but I've dabbled a lot in more general music composition before that too, so in terms of overall experience I'd say about... 5 years? 

I do play a liiiittle bit of violin, but not nearly well enough to use on a recording, so the stuff in that track is samples played with a midi piano instead. The guitar and bass are recorded live, though.

Saltwater Croc likes this.
  10. Secret Machines

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Tensei  Very nice guitaring!  (I play a mesa boogie dual rec X2)  What VST did you use for the drums? It really fit the style of the JRPG music

11. Natural

Natural 恭司 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Tensei nice track br0

12. Kaimen

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I made a little something to celebrate the holiday season and [enter holiday you celebrate here]! :)

It's a wintery theme that, unlike this year's "winter" weather, makes you want to cuddle up in a blanket and have a nice cup of [enter favourite hot beverage here].

Happy Holidays, everyone! ^_^

♥ azura ♥ likes this.
  13. HeroofTime123

HeroofTime123 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Secret Machines: I like it. It's very peaceful and relaxing. I really like the bells that start around 0:21.

@Tensei: Very nice! It really gives off the feeling of a JRPG style battle. I really like it!

These two are tracks that will appear later in my game, but I figure it's never too early to work on them.

This is the overworld to the snowy kingdom in my game. Yes the name is a pun...

This is the main villain's theme.

Both of these use the title/main theme of the game in their melody. Any feedback on these would be great!

14. sunbather

sunbather Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    This is a demo for my band As Stars Align... We're in the studio, so expect stuff that's a million times better early 2016.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2015
  15. Secret Machines

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks @HeroofTime123!

@sunbather very nice indie rock track, I don't think the sound is bad at all in fact I think it fits, but I hear some structural stuff.  Like the section at 2:20 that harmony lead guitar part that comes in is awesome!  why not use that as a sort of chorus and at least repeat that section once more during the song.  Just an opinion, but I hear great parts, but in the long for that usually comes from jamming with a band.

16. ♥ azura ♥

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    @Kaimen, I love your little wintry track! It is very lighthearted and cheerful. I kept thinking that it would fit perfectly in a holiday sale commercial.

As for me, here is another song I sung recently:

Kaimen likes this.
  17. sunbather

sunbather Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for the feedback man! Unfortunately, the song's structure is kind of set in stone already after practicing it with a band, we had our friend from another band come in and do the studio drums so it's well on the way to being released ^^

18. Kaimen

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you! :3

I guess all the holiday stuff going on in the media influenced me a little in the creation process of my little theme there. Well, I couldn't really avoid it unless I hid under a rock until New Year's. XD

As for your... I don't know, is that a cover? Or is it an original song? If it's an original then that's pretty amazing. If not, well, it's still pretty amazing. I just felt that some parts could've used a little more emotion (?) ... or let's call it "variation", like the chorus starting at 3:43. The singing is kinda monotone throughout the song, in my opinion. You have a very graceful and beautiful voice and you should use it (unless the text isn't fitting - don't blame me, my Japanese is pretty basic XD). Other than that I don't have any more to remark. I enjoyed it and listened to it twice just now. ^_^ 

Alrighty, I got something for you guys too! Something different from my usual work. In fact, I'm treading on new terrain with this one. It's a chiptune. Part of a new collection called "Kaimen Retro". I'm trying to combine the charm of retro VGM with my composing style. And I have to say, I'm quite fond of my little experiment here. But listen for yourselves:

"Operating in the Dark"

The creation process of this chiptune was very similar to how I normally compose. I just start with (or without) a rough concept and just go from there. As a result, most of the time I have no idea what the heck I've actually composed. Same with this tune here. I guess it would work well as character theme for the antagonist(s) or maybe as a dungeon theme? No idea. But I do know that I did quite well on this one. And that's a good sign for further chiptunes to come.

19. Saltwater Croc

Saltwater Croc Voice Actor/Frelance Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Very cool stuff, Kaimen.  It looks like you're beginning to become pretty well known around here. Congrats.

Alright. Not sure if I shared this before, but here is a theme composed for a secret project I'm doing at the moment.I will not reveal what it's about, but I'll let you speculate while listening to this.

It's called Wait for Midnight and it loops.

https://soundcloud.com/simondlseamusic/wait-for-midnight-1

20. ♥ azura ♥

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    It's a cover, yes. And thanks for listening! I do understand what you mean about the lack of variation (it's kind of suited to the lyrics of the song, I tried to give a mysterious and maybe 'empty' feeling in the vocals myself), and I appreciate the feedback. Thanks ♥

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015