Post Your Music

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by Archeia, Jul 31, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Phonantiphon

Phonantiphon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is "Ravens", one of my EPs - still available on Amazon: RAVENS

This one is from another, it's called The Great Attractor, like much of what I write it's a fairly slow burn...

I went on hiatus for a while after releasing the EPs, but here's a couple of new ones:

Carrierwave and Zero Point Jam.

These two are loop tracks I've made for the game I'm working on - (Shadow Destiny):

This is a dungeon BGM: Dungeon Drone

This is an Overworld BGM: Overworld

(All of these are All Rights Reserved).

2. Dimitris

Dimitris Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Archduke I believe I've commented on your music before mate, I really really like it! What I enjoy is to see Darkwave and Synthwave in your tracks! ;)

@Tianlong Now you have reason to do your acoustics ;)  Hopefully we'll start all this thing and we'll be many people to give feedback and bounce ideas :D  

Btw Stage 1 is free to download if you like to have it, check my playlists, one is called Free Music, there are tracks in there you might also like!

3. NTakamura

NTakamura Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Archduke

The song you posted songs nice. I like the retro sound. Also the bass really compliments the higher pitch syth.

My first romantic song. And yes Valentin day is the reason why I wrote it. Also I know it is a day late. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2016
  4. taistelusopuli

taistelusopuli Your Friendly Neighborhood Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish

Sorry it took a while to get back to you on this! I've been way busy here! =S

Recording Revolution is my favorite. There is also a collection of many others. Soundbooth, Home Studio Corner but RR is my favorite. Graham focuses a lot on rock music but same principles can be applied everywhere. Dynamics in the end come from a variety of velocities that are used in the composing process. If you think of a human playing an instrument, the velocity is never the same.

Regarding making things sound big... There is a few things that play to it. Compression is one, yes, There is also stereo image, EQ and doubling/sweetening. Oh and reverb!

-

Here is something that I wrote recently as an underscore for my vlog.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2016
  5. JCBrickston

JCBrickston Joshua Curtis Restaff

First Language:
    Idonotusethis
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well done! It definitely has a nice uplifting feel to it. It made me think of an RPG game like Disgaea: walking around town, looking at items my character can't afford. That's also quite impressive that it's your first track. Keep up the good work! Peace.

6. Nightling

Nightling Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi guys, ten original tracks for film and game. Would like some feedback :)  thanks

7. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Nightling  You should pick one, and give a little feedback too.

Archduke and Saltwater Croc like this.
  8. taistelusopuli

First Language:
    Finnish
    Umm, don't know if that was for me but in that assumption...

Thank you for the comment :)  Though this is not really my first track. Been composing music for games since for 2 years exclusively and before that I have a long past with composing rock and metal music :p

I am going to touch the score as a whole since ten tracks is quite much and will take time to review all of them. On to the meat then...

The sound is coherent throughout which is very important if these are meant to serve as a collection together. Things sound polished and have a nice edge to them. Though the music is not world changing or something that has not been heard before, it is still very well made and is proof of insight and skill. Sounds like Native Instruments if I'm not too wrong..?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2016
  9. JCBrickston

JCBrickston Joshua Curtis Restaff

First Language:
    Idonotusethis
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @taistelusopuli Haha, I was talking to Nova. It was their first track they uploaded: An RPG Town Theme. Cheers!

10. KYango

KYango Muse Wizard...or Muzard... Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey all,

This is an amazing topic, love listening to everyones work.

Heres a link to one of mine attached to the rest of my soundcloud.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2016
  11. Saltwater Croc

Saltwater Croc Voice Actor/Frelance Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Very nice.   I really couldn't pinpoint any particular melody though...  I like the Disneyland-type feel I get from this, though. Makes me think I've just stepped off a thrill ride and this is the exit music.  Well done!  (I'll check out your soundcloud, too. If that's you singing depicted in the pic, I wanna hear you sing!)

Welp.  Here is a work in progress for my newest client.  He was thrilled and I'm thrilled to be able to share this with you all. :)

-link removed-

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  12. Housekeeping

Housekeeping Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Woah, lots of new music since I last popped in!

@Tianlong: I like your arrangements, but I'd mess with some of the dynamics a bit.  The percussion in Spiraling Motions seems a bit loud to me; or, actually, you might want to vary it a bit or possibly remove it (I'm talking specifically about the wood blockish sound that's a persistent tick-tock throughout the song).  The vocals in the beginning could be moved up in the mix a bit since my ear is picking them up as the lead.  Through the Woods of REM and the Crater of Kabbol are great; love the melodic percussive stuff in the latter and the mood of the former.

@Nova: This is pretty good for a first effort.  Those flute-like synths, though, are pretty piercing; maybe lower the dynamics of them and drop it down a few keys.

@Archduke: Sounds right at home on NES; good job replicating the style.  Pentatonic stuff works great for that.

@Phonantiphon: Ambient stuff with lots of reverb is pretty much the most annoying thing to get looping properly, so good luck with that, haha.  Your stuff is cool, though; I'm sure that Shadow Destiny's going to nail its mood.

@Ntakamura: You've got some pretty chord changes there.  Nice dynamics play, too.  This is the kind of music that focuses on everything I neglect and makes me want to improve on that stuff.

@taistelusopuli: Slick production, as always.  This is a nice mood piece; would feel right at home in a Persona game.

@Nightling: Like Sharm said, you're going to get way more feedback if you give feedback as well (and limit the number of tracks--ten is a lot to give feedback on!).    Ascension reminds me of the Running Man soundtrack with better production, though.  Good stuff (I love the Running Man's soundtrack).

@KYango: Nice dynamics in this one.  The opening was a little reminiscent of a score you'd expect from Journey West or something.  The mood sounds a little piratey at 1:15, though; I'm not sure how that fits into the "message" of the piece, but each section does sound good.

Here's a track from Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass.  This one's a horror track, so it's quite a bit different than what I usually put out:

13. Tianlong

Tianlong Villager Member

First Language:
    French/English
    @Housekeeping Thanks ! I've been wanting to change the dynamics in spiraling motions for a while now. You're right about the voices being to much in the back and about the percussions too. I'll come back to it for sure.

A very long rope sounds terrifying and works wonders as a horror track. Listen to it long enough and you start hearing voices. //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_tongue.gif

@KYango First of all, I like your arrangements and the production though as Salwater Croc said, the lack of a clear melody plays against your song. It's harder to listen all the way through because there seems to be missing a precise musical direction. Maybe it's meant to be more atmospheric background music ?

@Nightling I listened to the first 3 tracks. Production value is high for these tracks. Really polished sounds. Which VSTs are you using ? Omnisphere, East West ? Anyway, good job !

@taistelusopuli Really nice vibe ! Would be perfect for a late night drive. Keep it up !

@Archduke I love "He who wags his tail" ! You got a really nice retro sound going there. Sounds like a boss battle against an 8-bit dragon. Was that the intended goal ?

Housekeeping and Archduke like this.
  14. Archduke

Archduke Jack of all Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Tianlong Thanks! My only real goal was to have some fun with chiptune. I never would've thought of a boss battle; that's an interesting connection. :'3

- Duke

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2016
  15. taistelusopuli

First Language:
    Finnish
    Thanks @Housekeeping!

Nice to hear some good feedback in my time of sorrow. My computer died and now the only way to write is on my iPad. I mean, it can do a lot but it can't do the things a computer can... Wrote a funeral speech to it and posted it to Patreon (just search Markus Lappalainen) //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_biggrin.gif

Anyhow, a great textural piece you wrote. You sure have talent with chiptunes. It is an area I've never really explored myself. I really liked the movement in Watching an Empty Screen. Really spooky.

Housekeeping likes this.
  16. eluukkanen

eluukkanen Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi everyone, my name is Elias and I've been in this forum just a while now. It is great to see how many music creators there are at this site.

So here I'm going to share my SoundCloud, I post music per 10 days. 

Let me know what you think  ;)

Jaren likes this.
  17. Jaren

Jaren Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello!

I compose music. Currently i'm scoring a few student films with friends i go to college with and would love to work on a game.If interested i will post my sound cloud page i put up rather recently if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

Balter likes this.
  18. Saltwater Croc

Saltwater Croc Voice Actor/Frelance Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @eluukkanen Very nice  production. :) I love how serene it sounds. The piano sounds a bit synthesized, though.

@Jaren Always good to have fresh talent. Post a music thread, by all means.

I can't believe I didn't share this...

Here is another finished piece for a client. He specifically requested a striking, dark and dramatic organ solo in the middle.

Toward the end there is  tribal element. Please enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  19. Balter

Balter Villager Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Hi, I'm seriously looking for career track to be a professional game music composer. 

here's my tracks, I hope you find it entertaining.

I'm open to any constructive critics to improve my skills.

feel free to listen or download some of it for your own project, 

just remember to credit me under name : Bing186 or Balter186

20. FroggyGames

FroggyGames Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Saltwater CrocYeah, I'm use to EDM and stuff. So when I tried Orchestral, It was bound to be horrible.