Post Your Music

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by Archeia, Jul 31, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Chris_Vetivs

Chris_Vetivs Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum but thought I would post one of my first video game compositions. It is written to be an opening theme, with the melodies of this track found throughout the rest of the game. 

2. Capitol Rex

Capitol Rex Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  3. taistelusopuli

taistelusopuli Your Friendly Neighborhood Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    I wish I had time to listen the above entries now..! But it will have to wait until next time :(

But I do have time to leave you this!

4. YagamiKyo

YagamiKyo Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    @Musagetes I like most of what you did there. A lot of orchestral work. Bring more!

@taistelusopuli Very sci fi theme, I can totally see it in some big space ship chase for example. Good!

So this is not exactly VGM, but a concept. Based on the sentence "Man's best friend is a machine", I did this as a challenge. I hope it's not too weird. First time doing electronic music as well, so please be nice

5. taistelusopuli

taistelusopuli Your Friendly Neighborhood Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    @YagamiKyo The main thematic material is cool and has potential. Also the part in the middle .. around 2 minutes in is cool. Since the point was not to create a coherent piece (I assume?) I let the lack of logical structure slide. In electronic music the three most important things are beat, groove, and melody. Beat as in the co-operation of kick and snare. Cymbals, shakers and such are generally just fill and decoration. Melody must be catchy and endure repetition with minimal if at all variation. This you did fairly well for a first try :)  Then the groove which is the bassline. That must be strong and steady. If it is not, then everything falls apart. The rest kind of comes as it comes. But focus on those. Especially on strong basslines ;)

@Chris_Vetivs A beautiful piece! You got post-rock figured out pretty well. Good job there! Take the guitar lead at 2:00 a bit down in the mix. It is a bit too loud in comparison to the surrounding music. Also I'd rework the fade outs in the end to be smoother. They end a bit abruptly which doesn't contribute well to the rest of the piece. Also the brass synth.. I can see why it is there but I'd suggest making it stereo. Maybe a tad delay to the other signal to make the sound bigger. Add some round reverb and you got yourself a very strong pad ;)

6. Neith

Neith Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Greetings ! :) Oh my, what a perfect topic !

Since I'm new, here a few tracks I'd like to share. I haven't composed much the past 2 years outside of projects so I don't have much more...

More recently, here's a soundtrack I made (along with the sound design) at a jam. It's bleak, passive, uncluttered... and full of French augmented 6th.

And there, a student video in which I also made sound design and music. Now I just need to upload to Myspace and Jamendo and I'll be the absolute One-Timer Lord.

I'm open to any criticism !

7. Saltwater Croc

Saltwater Croc Voice Actor/Frelance Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Sup. Here is a track composed for a client. :)

8. PedroVGM

PedroVGM Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hope you like these works I have been doing guys, please give me feed back, I have many other works. I am looking forward to work with someonein a project, just would like to know what your ideas are. Looking forward to your feedback :)

9. Jaren

Jaren Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Something I've been working on over the last 4 or 5 days.

10. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Jaren Oh, wow! I love the swells and progression of the song. Great use of auxiliary percussion as well. So many people forget all the little bells and whistles (literally and figuratively) that the percussion section has to offer. The motif at 1:36 was unexpected but very fun. Really keeps the song interesting and develops the themes. Lots of desperation but whimsy in this one. Welcome to the forum!

@PedroVGM Good strings and chord progression in "Space Warrior." I wish the horns would hang around more for the added layers. Feel like they could fanfare the heck out of that first section. The harp section was a good development, but I feel like it was hurried in and out of. I almost feel like this whole song could benefit from a slight drop in tempo. Just a baby step. Overall, a really strong piece. "Dance Fantasy" is really fun, lots of exciting synth action. The melody introduction comes in at the perfect time, I feel. My main critique with this song is many of the layers get lost once all the sections come in. I'm also missing some big kicks in this. 

@Saltwater Croc This song has great progression through the melodies and I love the instrumentation. Having the bass section up front and center is one of my favorite details in this piece. I think something I would have done though, is absolutely ham up hairpin dynamics in those rhythmic string sections and reinforced certain passes of the choir sections with the high and middle strings. I'm missing a bit of theatrics from the violins. Overall, really great piece.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2016
    PedroVGM and Saltwater Croc like this.
  11. Saltwater Croc

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @ms littlefish actually, there are no strings in that piece. :D But I might add them.... who knows :o
    Thank you for th feedback!

12. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Saltwater Croc You sure? There are an awful lot of strings in "Clad in Sin" unless I experienced a surprise lobotomy. XD

13. Saltwater Croc

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Ms Littlefish Ah. I forgot about the strings in the beginning.   This weeks been full of derp, I'm afraid. @_@

14. YagamiKyo

First Language:
    Spanish
    @Jaren That is amazing. I wonder if I'll be able to make music such as that one. Maybe in the future...

Well, new track! And a boss battle! And it's metal! And has a long title! Hope you guys like it

Saltwater Croc and KayZaman like this.
  15. Saltwater Croc

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Ms Littlefish now that I can actually think straight since I'm not out in loopyland from heavy medication... LOL... I totally hear what you mean. I can't believe I didn't notice the other strings. It has been a while though... if I do another track similar, I'll make sure to make strings like this more pronounced.

16. PedroVGM

PedroVGM Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    @Ms Littlefish thanks for your comments. You really put a good effort into listening to them :) I will make my best to improve some equialization and stuff that may the songs better with time. Since I am still learning about the general instrumentation thing, I am still on my way to do it better. The Dance Fantasy is a piece that at some point I couldn't arrange anymore for some technial reasons so that is also why one the layers/tracks was kind out of tempo. Adding better kicks would be nice, I did this all with my bare Casio keyboard so I have to humbly say that I managed not to get that lost with tempo without the metronome (which I discovered as a better option a little late).  

I am learning to use trackers so I can do better quality drums in general so next songs should be improving in this aspect :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2016
    Saltwater Croc and Ms Littlefish like this.
  17. KayZaman

KayZaman Brother-Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English & Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, everyone. I'm interested to share my songs that I've created and editted. 

I gonna listen few songs in this forum. Awesome!

P/S: Can I post songs that I editted or video game songs cover version?

Here's a song below from Shadow of the Ninja.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2016
    Luiishu535 and Saltwater Croc like this.
  18. YagamiKyo

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hi, it's me again! So I tried doing a forest OST, trying to give it a misterious feel. I ended up with the chord progression on my guitar really fast (it's very simple, I just loved the chord). First time using Vocaloid as well, as I didn't find any solo voice soundfont that I liked. I feel like there's something weird in the mix maybe? I should just keep doing metal battle themes 

KayZaman and Saltwater Croc like this.
  19. KayZaman

KayZaman Brother-Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English & Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Kyo, I love metal.

20. Saltwater Croc

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm not sure about songs/pieces you edited... unless you arranged them yourself.