Cyreides

Producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The main menu theme for The Void has a serious haunting quality to it. Very well made!

I'm glad you think so.

I would've loved to hear more development and variation. But I guess no-one spends more than 15 seconds in the main menu in the end of the day :D

Oh I get you on the variation and development, and I'd typically try to incorporate more of that, but right now this is all sort of like placeholder for when I eventually start recruiting and find a better, more capable composer/producer to take over the position. They're more for reference, and disposable than anything.

Cyreides

Producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
definitely feel the name in your piece @YagamiKyo but I agree with @taistelusopuli overall

@Andrii Mardanov Hynoptic was very neat, albeit low quality sounding. not sure if that's just how soundcloud compressed it or if that's the way it's suppose to sound but the bit rate just seems low

Housekeeping

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Cyreides: That track is like Final Fantasy meets the Neverending Story through an electropop filter.  Really interesting combination, especially for a victory theme.

@YagamiKyo: The harmonica (I think that's a midi harmonica at any rate) melody feels like it wanders a bit, which could be intentional for a humdrum sort of town, but it does make the track a bit forgettable.  I'm also not sure what program you're using, but if you can add some reverb to the piece in general (but particularly the harmonica), then that could really soften it up, as it's a bit dry at the moment.

@taistelusopuli: Glad I can count on hearing one of your new tracks every time I pop my head in here!  Your track has a bit of a Nobuo Uematsu vibe.  That little horn melody makes it stand out from that, though; it adds a nice contemplative quality to the track.  I really liked this one.

Here's a track that can be heard in the Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass demo during a boss fight; this ended up being one of my favorite battle tracks for the game:

Cyreides

Producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Cyreides: That track is like Final Fantasy meets the Neverending Story through an electropop filter.  Really interesting combination, especially for a victory theme.

I'm glad the final fantasy part comes through, I was trying to get something like FF7's where it starts off with the fanfare like intro and then goes into a poppier beat, but still had to keep it in my style/game's tone.

Here's a track that can be heard in the Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass demo during a boss fight; this ended up being one of my favorite battle tracks for the game:

i really appreciate the synth playing the fast high notes that starts around :13, and that sax (probably wrong on that) too.

Cyreides

Producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyreides

Producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was trying to make another song for my game today and came up with something else entirely for a pop/trap EP I'm working on

thought i'd share

taistelusopuli

Your Friendly Neighborhood Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Heyo! Recently finished some work for a client :)  I got a wonderful chance to experiment with a new genre I had never written before. Allow me to present my first adventure to the world of retrowave!

@Cyreides I like both tunes you posted :)  The first one, the battle theme, was a bit lacking in battle spirit though  :unsure:  I sounded nice and all that but I didn't feel there was enough punch that would get me pumped up for a good fight. The second one, while being good, I felt it would still need a final lift up or some kind of a power moment. I wonder what others here think? @Housekeeping Any suggestions?

Housekeeping

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That sounds pretty good; there's an organic quality to the lead despite the main melody sounding pretty consistent, which was a must with something so necessarily repetitive.  I think the context of the track is kind of important; if this is a track for film, I'd say that it works well for the most part as it will probably need to be absorbed into the background.  I like when the main riff drops out and you get those handclaps; that's a very 80s inspired sound that I like to utilize a lot.  I feel like the lead that kicks in around 2:45 could be a bit hookier considering the era you're drawing from, and the wide vibrato might be a bit overused; I'd try to use it in one moment so that it's isolated and stands out more; a lot of 80s music, to me at least, has this feeling of, "look at this SWEET sound I just found on this synth," so using the wide vibrato was a smart choice, but using it more sparingly would magnify its impact, I think. 

Cyreides

Producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heyo! Recently finished some work for a client :)  I got a wonderful chance to experiment with a new genre I had never written before. Allow me to present my first adventure to the world of retrowave!

@Cyreides I like both tunes you posted :)  The first one, the battle theme, was a bit lacking in battle spirit though  :unsure:  I sounded nice and all that but I didn't feel there was enough punch that would get me pumped up for a good fight. The second one, while being good, I felt it would still need a final lift up or some kind of a power moment. I wonder what others here think? @Housekeeping Any suggestions?

I really appreciate this right now since I just got done binge watching Stranger Things on Netflix, and this reminds me of the opening theme for the show! I don't hear much of this style of music but from what I can tell this is a really good bit of music. It fits well together gives off this nice 80s synthy vibe and sets a darker sort of tone that I enjoy. I'm also reminded of the Resident Evil movies for some reason.

As for your feedback, I agree with both things. The second one I posted for my EP, I've been needing to get back to and work in some sort of bigger ending to it to change things up. Where the battle music is concerned, after watching some tutorials on the subject, I think a big issue however was tempo, so I've changed that and changed some other things. Hopefully this works better now for battle music, this seems to be an area I really struggle with lol

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

dylanbriscall

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for being open enough to let me share some tunes with you.

I'm on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/dylanbriscall

All the songs on Early Mornings, Late Nights, and Long Roads were written and composed by me and were produced by Joel Kazmi--who’s worked with artists like The Tea Party, Rush, N’sync, Sum 41, and Anne Murray.

If you don't want to listen that is absolutely cool and if you can recommend some new music or mention any great shows you've seen lately, that would be great.

Cheers!

Izeck

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Everyone! Love the idea of this thread, so I'll start it off!

I've been told this is one of (if not my) best piece, Let me know what you think! - https://soundcloud.com/kairi-sawler/painting-the-universe

This is the first real Electronic piece I've made, Let me know what you think! - https://soundcloud.com/kairi-sawler/synthetic-soda

And lastly this is a little a Re-Orchestration of Banjo-Kazooie! It's a WiP, but still! - http://snd.sc/1ci40lt

I can't wait to hear everyone's music!

Hi, everyone.

I was looking for some tunes for my project and came upon this thread. I was listening to "Synthetic Soda" (Second link in the quote) and instantly fell in love with it. The problem is that I can't seer a way to download it or any type of  "Credit me as..."

nothing (Sorry for the noobness).

How, if at all possible, can I get the music?

defunct-user

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
 How, if at all possible, can I get the music?

You can PM them... first introduce yourself to them. Tell em how much you love their music, perhaps.. Then... you can go ahead and ask them if you can use their music while giving them full credit in and out of game.  Whether they say yes or no, thanking them for their time is a plus.

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
ya, this is more like a share with people kind of thing, resources can be found in other locations of webs forum. ;)

Simalono

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So here's my soundcloud! Most of it is my side music at least that hasn't been used in games.

Tirian

Aspiring Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I love these kind of threads, I love discovering new musicians!

Figured I'd join in with my own music: I recently released an album called "Journey" with a bunch of orchestral tracks (I had mostly done electronic music in the past, so doing this was very special for me!)

You can listen to it at

And here is my Soundcloud with the rest of my work:
https://soundcloud.com/tirianmassot

Last edited:

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
All of your songs sound so good! I can't even post my own. I don't have a means to do so, but my songs are quite simple, I find. 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi everyone! Enjoying this nice long weekend. How are you all doing? :)
I just successfully tested having events check if specific actors are in a particular party slot and then changing image to match. This will let me make scenes take into account who is in the party at the time and arrange them accordingly - this is important since I'll have extra actors beyond current party. The script used is the same from MV and is compatible with my current core plugin setup in MZ. Thank goodness.
That awkward moment when you're talking about thinking about writing a limited shop stock plugin for MZ and then find out you already wrote one...last May. My memory is so bad.
When I open my project and I'm like, hell yeah.
Some drawings I made in Lapis, one day I intend to involve them in some RPG Maker project.
* maybe two wall frames
*or some sprite flower tiara, or maybe it inspires someone to do something.
bdd19b62e539d17b3b00cc3d63034f7d.jpg

fcca5c8471b34483da8e032cfe579275.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L4TNG