Post Your Music

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by Archeia, Jul 31, 2013.

Tags:
  1. FroggyGames

FroggyGames Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Im not sure if I want this song to be in a graveyard, or a zombie's house. But here's the song i made: 

Tirian likes this.
  2. Saltwater Croc

Saltwater Croc Voice Actor/Frelance Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Luiishu535 Very repetitive with the same chords and notes over and over. It has an SNES sound to it though.

FroggyGames:

Not bad.  Also repetative, but this almost sounds like clubbing-type music. Something I'd hear in a club.
    Not bad at all! I'm curious to know what kind of project you're doing.

For the "zombie" track, it actually sounds, again, like it should be in a club. :p It's not at all scary.

Here's something for  a client. They liked it so much they adopted me into their team, and now I work for them "full time" on our commercial game project. wooo!

This is to a single location. One location has 8 different areas, for each of the four seasons; day and night.

Here is Springtime, during the day.  Lots of tweaks went into this and I'm rather proud of how it came out. 

Tirian likes this.
  3. chungsie

chungsie Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Chaconnes generally don't have much in terms of melodic theme. they are based off the circle of fifths, and Bach generally restated rhythms with different chords, or restarted chords with different rhythms. his most famous of all really has no solitary melody, making it difficult for many to pick up the melody. they are generally solo pieces, but I made it a duet. and for the most part the melody is hidden behind chords, sounds better on a real instrument, even his most famous chaconne.

I would work on it, but I made a mistake with saving the file and so I don't have a copy of it anymore in manuscript form :(

Tirian likes this.
  4. Tobbx

Tobbx Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    New battle track I'm working on. Have been a bit lazy for a long time now. Time to get back in the game. It's a WIP and it's in a 5/4 time signature. 

Tirian likes this.
  5. chungsie

chungsie Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Tobbx that is awesome! you really get the timing just right in that one. not sure I like the idea of droning melody though, with contrasting separated harmony.... but about 1:02 it comes out really nice like, I think the intro into it can be adjusted slightly, but I'm not sure how tbh. maybe because I like Mozart and I would have used more counterpoint ;)

nice track

6. Saltwater Croc

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That's a bummer, man.  But you know what? You can always write another, better one. :)

7. chungsie

chungsie Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Saltwater Croc ya, I thought I was working on a different track, so I saved over that one.... then saved the other track on that again *doh* so it is no longer there. it took me like 3 hours to get that far.... I need to think of the sound I want more though. been planning it for a while now, like weeks.

8. Tirian

Tirian Aspiring Composer Veteran

First Language:
    English/French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Like @Saltwater Croc said, not scary at all, take away the drums for starters and maybe lower the bpm?

Horror music is not just about the chords or instruments (which you got right), it's also about creating an atmosphere.

Congrats man! That's awesome :)

Nothing to critisize, 10/10 :o  

What library did you use for this?

Mercenaries* :p  

Starting at 1:03, there is a weird sound that fades in and out, I think it's a solo violin but it sounds more like a computer having a stroke. I'd suggest choosing a different sound, maybe the one you used for the strings hits we hear throughout the track and add some reverb to that sound.

Other than that it sounds great!

9. Shuji

Shuji Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Tirian likes this.
  10. Tirian

First Language:
    English/French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

There's no way this is your first track  :o

For your brass at the begining I would maybe shift it half a beat to the right. Also the ending is a bit abrupt, I would finish it on a soft brass/string swell.

Seriously though, this is amazing!

11. Shuji

Shuji Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey, first of all thanks a lot for your kind words! 

I worked on it and I'm quite happy with the end result, I followed your advice for the brass at the start and also added a better closure. I also fixed some mistakes in the harmony and orchestration 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mo4a4iv9a5jytah/The+King%27s+Return.wav

Tirian likes this.
  12. Luiishu535

Luiishu535 Coffee Machine Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    A transcription/arrangement of Toby Fox's "Once Upon a Time" (Undertale) I whipped for fun and practice. Like I said, I mostly did it for fun/practice, so the production isn't top notch, but since this is my very first transcription/arrangement, feedback is greatly appreciated! 

@Saltwater CrocAre you talking about my first or second track (or both)? I'm pretty happy with the battle theme, but I understand that most musicians may find the first one a bit boring with those chords. The first track was composed for a park area in my current game, and the feelings that I wanted to convey to the player with this track was stillness, loneliness, emptiness, coldness and a bit of sadness/melancholy. I do plan to add some small variations to the bass part/harmony, but the chord progression will mostly be kept the same.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2016
    Tirian likes this.
  13. Tirian

First Language:
    English/French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I don't know about the brass start, it's on time but it comes a bit out of nowhere I'd say spend a bit more time on it until it sounds natural... The end is much better though.

The cymbal is a bit too dry in my opinion, I'd add some reverb to it.

Man, Undertale's OST is amazing <3

Your version is a bit too heavy on the low-end though, EQ it a bit to make it brighter.

14. Faryn

Faryn Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    @Luiishu535 You should give credit to Keiichi Suzuki and Hirokazu Tanaka, not the plagiarist who ripped off their work.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2016
  15. Saltwater Croc

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    First of all, MP3s are your best bet with downloadables. Or you can use soundcloud.

The melody isn't bad. You seem to have a decent grip on music theory.  The horns are are very synthetic.  The suspended cymbals were nice.  I'm gonna assume you bought kontakt? The strings sound like they came from there.

Anyway, keep it up!

Tirian likes this.
  16. Shuji

Shuji Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I do have musical training, I'm studying piano. I also went to harmony classes, so I know the basics. However I  never studied composition or orchestration, and I'm self-teaching myself this days xD 

I'm quite lucky because my uncle is a composer, so I'm using his old computer which has already cubase 5, kontakt and some libraries  ;)

Do you have some advice on how to make the sound more realistic? 

Tirian likes this.
  17. Tirian

First Language:
    English/French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

The most important things:

• Reverb; without it, it sounds like the instrument is right in your ear, which is never the case IRL.
    • Velocity; playing with volume and velocity makes thing more believable, as a musician will never hit each note with the exact same volume.

I'd suggest you watch Varien's videos for Razer Music, they're short and very helpful!

18. MysteryCorgi

MysteryCorgi Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2016
    Tirian likes this.
  19. chungsie

chungsie Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm so undermotivated.... 

I want a didjeridoo but the library for it makes it into a horn :(  so poopy right now.

Tirian likes this.
  20. mettwurst

mettwurst Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Hey, i am posting things on this website for the first time and i want to show you one of my songs. Don´t expect much, it a very simple song (But the part at 1:55-2:25 is cool, i think ;P). I would like to make some music for rpg´s or other games, just for fun.

If you would give me your opinion, i would be grateful :D

Tirian likes this.