Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh god I have a lot to catch up to O_O

Main theme song, orchestral theme, appreciate the feedback
Nice work! You handled very well creating a somewhat melancholic song but with a touch of hope, especially in the intro.
If I were to add my grain of salt though, I'd say it takes a very long time to introduce a new motif (at around 2:40), the intro is nice but gets a bit repetitive.
I would do what you did when you reintroduced the motif after the second part, but minus the percussion.
You don't have to make it shorter, I would have added some more instruments (that would add to the feeling of hope imo), like brass maybe.
Your percussion sounds very very unnatural in the second part (that might be artistic choice so if it's what you were going for then don't change it).
Overall a really nice track, I thouroughly enjoyed that :)

Here's my latest creation if it can be called that. I metalled up some traditional irish music because I'm just getting back into composing and orchestration.
A few things that would make the song perfect (because it's pretty close to being that):
Articulate the strings so they sound more natural. Idk how limited you are by the samples you are using but the least you can do is 1) volume articulation and 2) reverb (not too much since the rest of your songs is rather dry)
Use Equalisation to make your track less "muddy". Right now the instruments are clashing together for space and don't sit well together.
You should make sure your bass and kickdrum don't use up too much high-end, and that your violin and snaredrums don't take up too much low-end.
Otherwise I really like this song!

Well, here's mine. But sounds like Russian to me.
Really nice song! I'd like to hear the bass more though, it should probably play one octave lower imo. It's repetitive but it would work very well for a battle track.
The 8-bit version also works very well. For the riff I think you have a very cool idea, if you actually develop it be sure to post it here, I'd love to hear the full result.

I'd love to get some feedback on those. They're quite old by now and I just polished the first one here, but I still personally like them a lot.
Same advice as padr81, your first song sounds very muddy to me. Make sure you EQ your tracks and make your instruments sit well in the mix.
It's not as bad in the second track. I think the main issue in this one is the piano which plays very fast notes without much articulation. If you make eah note play at a slightly different volume it's sound much more natural.
I think both tracks work very well for an rpg game, so if you fix those things it'll sound great!

I'm working on a small modern ost that I'll post in this forum for free, this is an example of the main style of the tracks
Dude nothing to critique, this is amazing quality :thumbsup-right:

okay actually if I were to be super annoying: pls add room reverb to your drums.
But still, even if you leave it this way it sounds amazing!

Thank you so much everyone (especially @Tirian) for the feedback, it is really appreciated. Since you enjoyed my piano improvisation, let me share with you more of them. Again, YouTube only, but I will upload them soon on SoundCloud (I recently have a very narrow schedule, thus the delay in uploading.)

Back to the topic, these are the impros I was talking about. This time, not blindfolded, but I hope you will still enjoy them :p
<3 <3 <3

Two new pieces by me
I really like your first song. Like Kaimen said, I think you could make the harp a bit less present and bring the vocals forward a bit. What did you use for those btw?
Your second song also has some volume issues, make sure all your tracks are loud enough and not too loud. Otherwise it's very good, I love the irish influence in your songs :)

Made that as a commission long ago. Actually my first attempt at a more jazzy battle theme. Personally, I think maybe I could've done better but I'm pretty satisfied with it regardless. Let me know what you guys think.
Here the song is also a bit muddy, I think it's because the piano is playing the same notes as the bass (I mean as low as the bass). Tell me if I'm wrong, but if that's the case it might cause the lows to clash together.

Alright.. A short piece I just made. I've never made battle music before :kaoswt2:
Very nice, not much to critique imo. I'm curious: what did you use for the choir?

---

Since I last posted here I released an orchestral remix of Genesis by Protostar (last month ^^')
Here it is:

Soundcloud link if you prefer:

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tirian Thanks. Well, sure does. The 8-bit track song really did well to my project. Especially for my secret boss battle.

Well, this not a place to post my gameplay. Sorry.

rhetoricsff

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you so much everyone (especially @Tirian) for the feedback, it is really appreciated. Since you enjoyed my piano improvisation, let me share with you more of them. Again, YouTube only, but I will upload them soon on SoundCloud (I recently have a very narrow schedule, thus the delay in uploading.)

Back to the topic, these are the impros I was talking about. This time, not blindfolded, but I hope you will still enjoy them :p
Yeah, neat stuff! I feel the chord progressions are a bit predictable at times but you definitely have an ear for coming up w memorable melodies on the spot.

Hi! I'm gonna start posting some of my stuff here. Here's a short tune I made.
Yeah definitely put in a few fills to change up the drums more. Could do with a bit of a punchier sound at that, imo. Cool though.

Here's a single I released a few weeks ago. It's a drone/post-metal longtrack about gender dysphoria. Starts off more stripped-back with atmospheric synths but builds as more glitches and fuzzy bass kick in. Dig.

Alternatively, if you don't feel like sitting through a 12-minute track, here's a post-punk/noise rock single I released last year, haha:

Last edited:

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Tirian - Thanks for the advice, I didn't even bother messing too much with the first one as I was just playing with and getting my head round Composer Cloud. Thanks for the tips on the next 2, I've been playing with the harp velocity alot to try and find something thats not too brash but also doesn't get lost among the clicks and pieces in game. I need to get a set of monitors for mixing atm I'm mixing with headphones and I hate it, feels unnatural.

Also as I almost forgot, those vocal are East West "Voices of Passion" on the European setting, Wales I think its called.

Genesis sounds great dude. Love the dynamics. You got yourself an new YT subscriber.

@rhetoricsff -
The first one I think you could do with a more metal/industrial sounding snare especially near the end when things are hectic. Just personal preference but I think it would drive the song more and make it more dynamic.

Again I think eq on the drums and some compression on snare and kick would help alot. Also high pass filters on rock guitars are a must for clear production. A HP filter at about 80hz and even a LP at about 13k. I find distortion under those frequencies tends to make things boomy.
If its a bass playing the riff alone with some effect. I find for distorted bass double tracking the part maybe even treble tracking. Then treat the distorted bass track as you would a guitar and LP/HP plus even multiband compression on the low mids and than blend both your tracks to suit.
Also I'm not sure if your guitars are actual guitar or synth. If its a guitar may I ask what your using on it.
It sounds like there is no cabinet model or something, like an fx pedal straight recorded.

DaveyBriteRPG

Music Producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well lookie what we have here!
A show off topic!

Gotta say, I've listened to a lot of neat stuff and would love to collaborate in some way, but i can imagine a lot of others might too.
Here are two of my favourite creations, and if anyone feels up to the task of creating a track together, feel free to ask.
I dabble in every genre of music, so it should be interesting!

Happy listening :)
Soundcloud Profile.

umbralshadows

the silks angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DaveyBriteRPG Id a mentioned this track-

It's my favorite a yers. :kaojoy: I listen to it while drawing.

I'm learning ta compose but its harder than art so far an art's hard enouh hahahh. Everyone here has great stuff thouh!

Ronnyn.

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
Other
Hey ya guys! well i am composer and producer , wanna post here some of my arrangaments remakes and original composes, maybe someone need music for his project videogame, i hope you enjoy some of this music, if you wanna contact with me just post here ill check sometimes this forum, or you can also send me PM here...Thank you :)

ORIGINALS:

REMAKES:

Last edited:

Kaimen

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey ya guys! well i am composer and producer , wanna post here some of my arrangaments remakes and original composes, maybe someone need music for his project videogame, i hope you enjoy some of this music, if you wanna contact with me just post here ill check sometimes this forum, or you can also send me PM here...Thank you :)
Wow, that's a lot of songs! And I think you posted everything twice, so you might want to fix that. XD
Anyway, let me just say that out of all of these I probably like "Mr. Robot's Adviser" the most. The percussion in that one made me move side to side rhythmically. So good work!
The first part of "My Little Friend" reminded me a lot of "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" for some reason. Then again, it is pretty Christmas-y sounding in the beginning. I'm more fond of the second, calmer half of it. Over all it's a very good piece though.
As for your remakes: they are spot-on! Seriously, I couldn't do them any better. You got a nice balance between arrangement and original sound and that's what I want in a remake! A+, 10/10, five stars would listen again! ^-^

----------------------------------------------------

Alrighty, I got two songs for you guys today~!

This one was my entry for a battle theme contest on another forum. To be honest, this one barely sounds like a regular battle theme and more like a mini boss or boss theme. I might've made it a little bit too dramatic but I still like it~!

I just made this today in a span of only a few hours. I haven't really made anything like this in quite a while so I decided to dust off the old blues mode and whip something up~!

Ronnyn.

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
Other
Hey ya Kaimen, haha yes i did a mistake about the post but its fixed already thank you..

Also thank you for the opinions about my music, i am glad that you like it! i try always put the best on them.

And about your music i like them 2, i think that clear the path is for action scene, like run or something that will explode if you dont act fast..it reminds me final fantasy , nice track for insert in a rpg.

About Shrouded in Mystery also remind me FF songs, is like a puzzle moment or maybe some conversation between people , with some antagonist around... nice music! ^^ congratulations for both.

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kaimen The Shrouded in Mystery track made me feel I was in noir age.

EDIT: not 72 hours yet, I wanna avoid double-post.

This should be a boss battle but it's.....techno-rock.

Last edited:

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally gonna put one of my own composed pieces here. Authentic SNES music turned into the actual format, including original SNES audio processor restrictions, echo effects from hardware emulation ala SPC and with the style of old FF jRPG music behind it.

This was NOT made with Super Audio Cart nor was the rendered audio put through the SNESVerb plugin. This is pure SNES music played through music emulation, aka SPC music files, in a Japanese SPC player. So, if I were to give out the original source, it could be played on real hardware with an SPC player.

SNES Town

Enjoy!

futrchamp

Musician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kaimen I love the battle theme! Reminds me of Golden Sun games.

@djDarkX The methods you used to compose is so cool, not many people work with the original constraints of VGM anymore :)

Here's a few tracks I did recently:

Orchestral main theme that introduces the leitmotif that shows up for pretty much the rest of the game.

A party HQ theme, very inspired by Suikoden.

Intense pursuit theme, imagine being chased through alleys while running for your life.

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@djDarkX The methods you used to compose is so cool, not many people work with the original constraints of VGM anymore :)
Thank you for noticing! Yeah, I love VGM and SNES music in particular, so whenever I want to make anything like that, I make sure that if I make it, that it can also be played back on original hardware so I can actually claim true authenticity. Like my signature says, I'm a retro music snob and anything short of truly authentic music is not good enough for my ears, haha! (assuming the artist claims authenticity and the music is in fact not)

robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not particularly accessible, but...

From my experimental ambient project, Offret:

From my minimal techno project, The Dry Path:

And if you want more there's a whole bunch on my website. Actually the stuff from the "elevated" EPs are more accessible than the ones I just posted. [edit: actually I just deleted the link in my profile as I realized it's very R rated. Am I allowed to have a link to an R rated site?]

Serg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's not particularly accessible, but...

From my experimental ambient project, Offret:

From my minimal techno project, The Dry Path:

And if you want more there's a whole bunch on my website. Actually the stuff from the "elevated" EPs are more accessible than the ones I just posted. [edit: actually I just deleted the link in my profile as I realized it's very R rated. Am I allowed to have a link to an R rated site?]
Glimpse from the Fabric :3

DestinyBattle

Final Fantasy Nut
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I'm about 2 weeks la
Oh god I have a lot to catch up to O_O

Nice work! You handled very well creating a somewhat melancholic song but with a touch of hope, especially in the intro.
If I were to add my grain of salt though, I'd say it takes a very long time to introduce a new motif (at around 2:40), the intro is nice but gets a bit repetitive.
I would do what you did when you reintroduced the motif after the second part, but minus the percussion.
You don't have to make it shorter, I would have added some more instruments (that would add to the feeling of hope imo), like brass maybe.
Your percussion sounds very very unnatural in the second part (that might be artistic choice so if it's what you were going for then don't change it).
Overall a really nice track, I thouroughly enjoyed that :)

A few things that would make the song perfect (because it's pretty close to being that):
Articulate the strings so they sound more natural. Idk how limited you are by the samples you are using but the least you can do is 1) volume articulation and 2) reverb (not too much since the rest of your songs is rather dry)
Use Equalisation to make your track less "muddy". Right now the instruments are clashing together for space and don't sit well together.
You should make sure your bass and kickdrum don't use up too much high-end, and that your violin and snaredrums don't take up too much low-end.
Otherwise I really like this song!

Really nice song! I'd like to hear the bass more though, it should probably play one octave lower imo. It's repetitive but it would work very well for a battle track.
The 8-bit version also works very well. For the riff I think you have a very cool idea, if you actually develop it be sure to post it here, I'd love to hear the full result.

Same advice as padr81, your first song sounds very muddy to me. Make sure you EQ your tracks and make your instruments sit well in the mix.
It's not as bad in the second track. I think the main issue in this one is the piano which plays very fast notes without much articulation. If you make eah note play at a slightly different volume it's sound much more natural.
I think both tracks work very well for an rpg game, so if you fix those things it'll sound great!

Dude nothing to critique, this is amazing quality :thumbsup-right:

okay actually if I were to be super annoying: pls add room reverb to your drums.
But still, even if you leave it this way it sounds amazing!

<3 <3 <3

I really like your first song. Like Kaimen said, I think you could make the harp a bit less present and bring the vocals forward a bit. What did you use for those btw?
Your second song also has some volume issues, make sure all your tracks are loud enough and not too loud. Otherwise it's very good, I love the irish influence in your songs :)

Here the song is also a bit muddy, I think it's because the piano is playing the same notes as the bass (I mean as low as the bass). Tell me if I'm wrong, but if that's the case it might cause the lows to clash together.

Very nice, not much to critique imo. I'm curious: what did you use for the choir?

---

Since I last posted here I released an orchestral remix of Genesis by Protostar (last month ^^')
Here it is:

Soundcloud link if you prefer:

I'm about 2 weeks late, but thanks for the feedback.

DestinyBattle

Final Fantasy Nut
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello, everyone.
I have a song that I want you guys to give feedback on. It's called "Together", and the context behind it, is working together to defeat the enemy, by trusting one another.
Here it is, hope you enjoy.

robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This one is a little bit more accessible...

Also from The Dry Path, but it's a little less minimal.

Sardonic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi guys.
First some feedback:
To DestinyBattle 2 posts above, I like your song "together". It sounds varied and not overly repetitive, and also gives the feeling that you described of teamwork and trust. It might benefit from a decrease in volume. I had to turn my volume to 20% because it was a bit loud, in my opinion(I was wearing headphones). You could also just scale down the volume when you use it in rpgmaker. All in all, nice track.

To robhr above, I think your three songs are quite good. They seem like they would be perfect for background music during exploration, probably in a sci-fi setting, or cyberpunk, or apocalyptic...something like that. Good job on those.

Here is my own song. It is meant to sound gritty and epic. Hope you guys like it. (I have my volume set to 50 and would recommend turning it down some if you have it any higher. Protect your ears! :o)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pretend you were telling, reading, or listening to a very serious, slightly scary story about witches. Would a witch doing the stereotypical flying on a broomstick thing ruin the mood?
Yeseylon wrote on CrowStorm's profile.
All Hail Storm Crow, the Blue Eyes White Dragon of MtG!
I love these real life Oblivion videos:
I'm playing DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D
:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpysquid