Post Your Music

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by Archeia, Jul 31, 2013.

Tags:
  1. RZ-Music

RZ-Music Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  2. Omega Weapon

Omega Weapon AKA Laura Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Trying my hand at some boss music:

EggOFDoom likes this.
  3. EggOFDoom

EggOFDoom Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey everyone back again!

Thanks for listening for those who did. It means a lot to me. Especially you @KnockzyBunz for taking the time to reply to me (even though it's taken so long to come back here haha) The compliment is much appreciated.

@Neith
    The Desert of Champions - It was a pretty neat song. It reminds me of Final Fantasy XII where you explore the desert of the first near the beginning of the game! I liked the part of the harp at the end, a really nice touch.

@phil777
    DarkMet55 - I really like this song. It has really nice rhythm and it flows really nicely. Really good in my opinion. A suggestion (take this however you will), the overall compression of the song sounds a bit off. It's like the band is played right in front of me. If this is what you're going for, then great! However the snare that is played though, it sounds like it's in a box, the lid is opened and it's playing from inside the box. It doesn't sound dry enough. The reverb could be revised a bit so you can change it to sound it more dry to something like this.
    (Slipknot) And don't be a afraid to make those drums sound more lively as well! They keep the progression of the song! Keep it up!

@Sardonic
    Library - Ooooo really nice and sweet. Very simple and I like how it you kept it really short and sweet with the Choir at 01:31. Very subtle! (Take this however you will) A suggestion from me, would be to turn down the decay on the harp and turn up on the wet signal on the reverb to give it more room. Remember, it's a library! If you're thinking about the same library as me (something quite big) it should echo just a little, not too much though! It will disrepute mix too much then :D And don't be a afraid to make the choir a little louder! It brings a certain something to the piece! It's a little too quiet and it can go unnoticed! And the violin too! You can even just pan it to a side instead without changing the volume too much for the violin.

@RZ-Music
    Dark - I like this take on mysterious/adventuring into the unknown sort of feel song. Nice atmosphere and all! It bring's a lot to the song (the synth I assume) adds nice tension! A very nice use of the pizzicato too. It really does give good progression to the song. Good use of the phaser (I assumed you used one) too! My only problem (could be my Akg K240 studio headphones) that the kick might be clipping. Don't quote me on this, it just sounds like it might be clipping. If not, just ignore me :D

Haunted soul - Just as unique as your other song (Dark) really enjoyed it. However I still feel like your song is still clipping in places (aka your kick) to mention a few (00:30-01:00), 01:39, 01:49 etc.

Don't take it as if I'm picking on you or trying to be mean, I just thought it sounds like there are clippings and you should address them. Although I could be wrong and if so, just ignore me :D

@Omega Weapon
    Bossbattle - Bring the the bass/drum(?) closer it's what makes the song in my opinion.

So guys, don't take it the wrong way about me trying to apply my opinion like that. I just want to help and if you don't need it by all means just ignore it! The simple reason why I'm even doing it is because I would like the same for you guys to do the same for me! It's the way I would like to improve and your inputs would be greatly appreciated. Having that said..... take this

My Song!

A simple back story of this song, is basically a dance, as you would imagine (was thinking about my gf when making the song). Dancing in a ball room. Inspired by the dancing scene in Final Fantasy VIII with Squall and Rinoa in the ball room.

A small improvement from my last song "A journey" where I decided that the drums should be louder. (Already fixed it because I'm always looking back to fix the small things hahaha). And compression as well.

So all that being said, I'll be back guys! I promise, hopefully, to be faster than last time hahaha. Peace out and looking forward to more songs!

Btw mods! Hopefully you don't have anything against me posting a video like that(Not mine). It's for the purpose of letting someone improve their song by comparing to it and nothing more. Remove it if needs be!

Thanks for listening!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Sardonic and phil777 like this.
  4. phil777

phil777 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Yes...Thanks. As far as the snare..Just trying to get it to cut through. It's hardest drum to record. Especially in the small space I have. The comp...lol It was overly done. I realized it after the upload..so ,sorry.And overly limited. In my little studio...in your face ,is probably the natural sound you can have.

But thanks for the feedback..

5. phil777

phil777 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I'll try to remix it if you want to use it for something.

6. phil777

phil777 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Did you like the snare sound better on the other song?

7. phil777

phil777 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    It was a bit fatter sound

8. RZ-Music

RZ-Music Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Hey there thank you for letting me knlw about the kick.. And dont worry all feed back is good feed back..

9. ZacharyE1991

ZacharyE1991 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi guys, here are some songs that I have made recently.

Elentari and phil777 like this.
  10. phil777

phil777 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    ...sound bite.

11. ZacharyE1991

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry about that. My bad.

12. phil777

phil777 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    No you're cool. I was just thinking that so much midi based music on here, it'd be nice if someone would include some sound bites in there from time to time.

13. ZacharyE1991

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No problem. :)

phil777 likes this.
  14. Diamond Star

Diamond Star Diamond Star Veteran

First Language:
    Arabic
    Hello!
    Listen to my first published tracks and follow me on soundcloud for incoming game music.

Honest Emotions

Echoes

Elentari and Jonas Zaggo like this.
  15. Jonas Zaggo

Jonas Zaggo Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Long time no see
    I've composed a few songs since last time:

Hope you enjoy o7

Elentari, DantonSlip and phil777 like this.
  16. phil777

phil777 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Porto Do Fim ..Has a real uneasy feeling about it.. Love it! But I don't know how all those lows to low mids are going to sound on say a phone or normal pc speakers.. Sounds killer thru mine though. Fisher studio monitors ...

Jonas Zaggo likes this.
  17. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Jonas Zaggo and phil777 like this.
  18. NoahB

NoahB Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Here's a battle theme somewhat inspired by the composer Yasuhisa Watanabe:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    phil777 likes this.
  19. DantonSlip

DantonSlip Commissions open. Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Your musics are sooo great! D:

Jonas Zaggo likes this.
  20. Elentari

Elentari Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    It's been a while so here 2 VGM inspired pieces from me, the first one is a piano solo and the other an instrumental:

Baggie likes this.