Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With all these decent-looking old graphics, I think it's time to post something that looks more like ass. This is probably the best looking area from my first attempt at a game in MV. Like so many others, I wanted to make my perfect dream game, but going in with limited knowledge only resulted in a cringefest.

This was meant to be a sort of hub area, connecting the game's past and present. It's the only area in this game with anything even remotely resembling custom graphics, and by that I just mean modified RTP. About the only thing the game really had going for it was its battle system design, which is similar to my current project but a lot less evolved.

This game was based off a mediocre flash game I made back in 2013 as a sort of reboot. Fitting it also failed to get off the ground. ;) Anyhow, I'll revisit this game someday, and by revisit, I mean remake from the ground up with the experience I have now. God it even had chibi generator player battlers. Ew ew ew!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
So, let's talk about my first project.

I was 15 and had just learned about RMXP (gosh I'm old now). Given that I am pretty shy and would never asked anyone to do my stuff, I did not enter any board until years later and learnt by doing how to brutally viola... how to adjust scripts until they work for me, stitch together somewhat working graphics and stuff.

Disclaimer: Credits were not really a thing back then, so it's possible the screens contain rips and stuff... the rpg maker fansites provided the stuff like that and noone cared about the terms.

So, 15 year old me thought it was an amazing idea where you are a student at a boarding school and have to sneak out at night. You would have to hide from teachers that were making sure students are in their beds and combine stuff and solve puzzles to get out. All students would have different abilities, so you'd switch (the others stayed in the room so they could tell the teacher the third one was just in the bathroom in case he checked the beds).
Coincidentally the boarding school in the game was the one I was attending xD

So, here we go:
titel.png
The title was based on an in game map where you can actually see my very first ever made resources, the benches of doom.

startraum.png

... as you can see by this totally not waaay too big room and the random stolen fanarts of stuff I liked misused as posters.

snack.png
As the vending machine to replace a shop...

schrank.png
...and the fully functional wardrobe system (including random clothes you would find in game, of course, because there are dresses randomly lying around at school)

chemie.png
You can hardly tell which ones were made by me, really.

gym.PNG
No way to tell the difference.

Sadly, I kinda killed it with always changing ideas and implementing unneeded scripts (as every beginner I guess xD)

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ooohhh boy, when I first started in MV, thinking my first game was going to be the game, I was bloody awful at mapping. At least 5 maps come to mind right away, but I'll post probably the biggest change...the world maps.
The old world map...yes, you walked on this one. This was it. The game was finished, and this was the world map you walked on.
Map001.png
The new world map - that you don't actually walk on; it's for the fast travel system since I went connecter FFX-Style maps for the remake.
Map.png

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I started to tinker around with RPG Maker VX because of Yume Nikki. So, the first game I worked on was a Yume Nikki clone! The first of many abandoned projects, whee-

[ Somnolence v3 / v17 / v49, r1 ]

[ Somnolence v3 - Title Screen ]

[ Somnolence v3 - (Derpy) Room Mapping ]

[ Somnolence v3 - (Derpy) Menu ]
Behold, my first foray into Ruby ... the menu crashed if I attempt to do anything.

[ Somnolence v49, r1 - Title Screen ]

[ Somnolence v49, r1 - Room Mapping ]

[ Somnolence v49, r1 - Room Mapping ]

[ Somnolence v49, r1 - Dream Area Mapping ]

[ Somnolence v49, r1 - Menu ]​

Last edited:

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How the hell did I amost miss this?!

Feast your eyes on these Imgur albums, folks...

First project I ever worked on.

First version of Battle Castle, from years and years ago.

Last edited:

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My first project. I think I made this back in 2011/2012. It's really awful but it holds a special place in my heart. Here's a collection of screenshots from it. I still have this project (among others) too, if you really want to play it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hello folks, I'm an old member deciding to reenter the forum. Greetings :D
When a parent (of a less than adult aged child) is like
"Oh, I'm like a friend to my child. We're friends."
I'm like
"Oh, that kid's gonna suck...."
Baby tiger gets a belly rub! ^.^
Ami
--- Friendship System ---

(F.Mage and F.Healer's FP is 100)
F.Mage: We did it! we can beat the monster easily!
F.Healer: With the Friendship System,we got stronger thanks to you F.Mage (Hugging)
F.Mage: (Blushing) Ahh...don't say like that. we are Best Friend Forever.
(In Distand)
M.Mage: They look happy...
M.Healer: Yeah...always like that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CotE