Posting Updates on Ideas and Prototypes

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Kitsunekko, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Kitsunekko

Kitsunekko N00b Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have a post about a game that I'm working on under the 'Ideas and Prototypes' page, and recently I've been wondering whether or not it'd be legal for me to post updates on the game under that forum, which can be found here, or if you're only allowed to post updates under the 'Games Currently In Development' thread.

I'm not considering it to be a game that's currently in development because I'm planning on making the game twice, in a way--one with the default tileset and sprites, while working on ironing out the mechanics and story, and the second one being the finished, polished product where everything looks different and nice while keeping the story and mechanics, making adjustments as needed.

I haven't finished the story script beyond what I've already put in the prototype game and none of the mechanics are even currently in the prototype to begin with (aside from changing the control scheme from the arrow keys to WASD), and I am interested in posting updates for my prototype's progress and main game progress but am unsure if it's legal to do that under 'Ideas and Prototypes'.

...I guess that my main question is whether or not wanting/being able to post updates on it makes it a forum that should go under 'Games In Development' or not despite my reservations of considering it a game that is in development. I'm new to these forums so I'm not familiar with the rules and I don't want to end up making a mistake that could get me banned. Feel free to call me paranoid, and I'll wear that badge with paranoid pride.

2. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It's really up to you I guess. But remember that you have 72 hours cooldown after your own last post if you want to post an update to your game. I mean, it's your game thread, so it makes sense if you want to talk about it.

If you just want to share a random progress report, there's already ongoing monthly progress report in general discussion so you are not locked by 72 hours cooldown. Even though it isn't really illegal to post an update in your game thread. However, personally, I'd rather not.