Potion Problems (Fails to heal as specified in Effects Tab)

Sajai-D-Halo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone,

So I'm working on my first project and I'm having issues with Healing/Recovery items in my game.

None of them heal/recover the specified value that it says in the effects tab. I started to run battle tests to simulate this issue. I have a Potion that is meant to heal 50 HP.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dpa5nAEBv7HTw9Cy8

However, when I use it to heal-- it only grants Gabby (my actor) 3 HP. I've cleared everything several times and even made a new potion box.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Votm7Rc5Uu5RBuMbA

To compensate for the values acting weird, I just input really high numbers to make up for the difference. I don't have Pharmacology as a trait either. (And even when I put it in, I had to bump up the values really high for it to have a meaningful effect just like everything else.) I can still have recovery items-- but my biggest concern is that this could be signs of a bigger issue with the code perhaps and I'm worried how that will affect things when I install plugins.

Last edited:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you could attach screenshots of the whole rpg maker window done with alt+printscreen that would be a lot more helpful than phone photos (just paste them into www.imgur.com/upload ).

That said, if it's unmodded, have you checked the Recovery Effect Rate on the character?

If you have this somewhere, in the class or actor definition, maybe (or equipment)

that would explain the effect

Sajai-D-Halo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, so much. That pointed me in the right direction. It was her scarf Jeez, can't believe I missed that. Have a great day, good sir.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:
Ami
--- OP Candy ---

Kids: Trick Or Treat!
Hero: Alright,here's the Candies (Give A Bunch Of Candy).
Kids: Thank you,Mister! (Running)
Hero: How cute they are…
F.Archer: Did you give them a OP Candy,accidently?
Hero: Huh?
Halloween, a day where kids are encouraged to take candy from strangers.
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movingsolutionsmovers