Potion Problems (Fails to heal as specified in Effects Tab)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Deployment' started by Sajai-D-Halo, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Sajai-D-Halo

Sajai-D-Halo Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey everyone,

So I'm working on my first project and I'm having issues with Healing/Recovery items in my game.

None of them heal/recover the specified value that it says in the effects tab. I started to run battle tests to simulate this issue. I have a Potion that is meant to heal 50 HP.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/dpa5nAEBv7HTw9Cy8

However, when I use it to heal-- it only grants Gabby (my actor) 3 HP. I've cleared everything several times and even made a new potion box.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Votm7Rc5Uu5RBuMbA

To compensate for the values acting weird, I just input really high numbers to make up for the difference. I don't have Pharmacology as a trait either. (And even when I put it in, I had to bump up the values really high for it to have a meaningful effect just like everything else.) I can still have recovery items-- but my biggest concern is that this could be signs of a bigger issue with the code perhaps and I'm worried how that will affect things when I install plugins.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  2. Restart

Restart Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you could attach screenshots of the whole rpg maker window done with alt+printscreen that would be a lot more helpful than phone photos (just paste them into www.imgur.com/upload ).

That said, if it's unmodded, have you checked the Recovery Effect Rate on the character?

If you have this somewhere, in the class or actor definition, maybe (or equipment)
    [​IMG]
    that would explain the effect

Wavelength and Sajai-D-Halo like this.
  3. Sajai-D-Halo

Sajai-D-Halo Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you, so much. That pointed me in the right direction. It was her scarf Jeez, can't believe I missed that. Have a great day, good sir.