trexrell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Today we want to announce a new project we have been working on since the end of last year. We have been working on a collaborative project with indie comic book creators within the Powerverse to help bring their characters, concepts, and stories to life through a game that we call Erupt.

Erupt will be a 2D pixelated superhero turn base strategy game. The Powereverse is a collection of varying realities, all brought together by the density matter wave that caused the hero Will Power to become the most dense object in the world. This young hero is the center of this Powerverse which will feature many different characters from creators all over the world.

b7113129722cef5202fe1fa0e42b5219_original.jpg
Powerverse, Will Power (center)

Synopsis:
The events of the game take place on Dime 1 (dimension 1) and the city of New Francisco, which is ground zero for the events caused by the density matter wave. Technology has been adapted to travel to new dimensions and realities through the use of weaver metal gates which are controlled by corporate and government entities. In Erupt, however, these gates have been breached and chaos has been unleashed in New Francisco, home of the hero Will Power. The chaos has been too much for the young hero to take on alone and it is up to you and a mysterious benefactor from an unknown dime known only as Kerell to help save the city and get the weaver gates back under control.

Kerell

With Kerell’s help, he is able to identify and coerce willing participants to help you get take back the city. These agents are from the many different dimes in the Powerverse and may be equipped with powers and traits that will assist you in fighting back the chaos. In addition to the agents, there will be many heroes throughout the city that you can also recruit to help in situations that may need a little more fire power.

Screenshots:
nw_2018-02-28_16-29-55-1.png

Thanks for reading! We look forward to showing progress and talking about the Powerverse as we develop this game further.

– White Guardian Studios

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Oh WOW! Is that your art?

trexrell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The art for the banner is from Vince White the visionary behind the Powerverse . The Pixel art is by myself. Logo by our artist Ricky Gunawan. Tiles are POP! tiles by Vexedenigma on itch.io. UI by Allenor and music by furtchchamp. I'll get around to the credits page. Although the in game art is going to be a little different for the characters.
comic_chibi.jpg

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
That is really having a very visual powerful impact already just art wise!

trexrell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
In Erupt, you will be recruiting agents from all over the Powerverse. These agents will be randomized in looks, class, stats, as well as unique traits.

AgZvCr4.png

Initially the classes will be Brawler, your melee class, Gunner, your long range class, and Tech, your support class.

Brawler
oKADerr.gif

The Brawler is the tank class. It possessed the highest defense and short range combat. The brawlers’ skills are used to manipulate enemies on the battle field as well as absorb most of the damage done against its allies.

Gunner
tPNsz6p.gif

The Gunner is the damage dealing class. It has the highest attack output and operates at long range. The Gunners’ skills are used to do major or lasting damage over time.

Tech
GSjgeRi.gif

The Tech is the support class. They use gadgets to modify the battle field. The tech can use traps, support shields and manipulate the environment to help allies and disrupt enemies. The tech has mid range attacks that can be modified by the gadgets it uses.

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

The agents you recruit will be randomly generated in name, class, stats and also cosmetics. Although we currently do not have customization options, we do want to create a sense of attachment to these characters. As the game progresses so does your recruits and you get to upgrade their weapons skills and armor to better equip your agents for the super powered enemies they will encounter.

feild2.png

There are also super powered allies who you can obtain through certain missions. These characters come straight from the pages of the Powerverse and have their own skill sets and abilities. These are your super powered cross-over agents that will give you that added punch you may need to complete missions and objectives.

There are missions that you will get the option of using multiple super powered agents but most missions you will have access to one. Your agency does not recruit heroes instead you gather intel on them and have them assist you and eventually fight the battles your agents may be ill equipped to handle.

Thanks for checking this update. We should be back with more soon!

– White Guardian Studios

Adam1013

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I’ve been wanting to see a super hero game on here for so long. I’ll be keeping an eye on this one, looks awesome!

trexrell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Cool, thanks for checking it out!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nesutokung