Keepin' it simple
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This isn't a bad idea.

During combat, players tend to see any action that's not HP altering as a wasted turn. Spending the resources to gain stat bonuses between battles, so you can optimize monster stomping makes your turn economy more efficient AND gives your party members something useful to do outside of combat.

If the buffs run out over time, it also becomes an interesting resource management conundrum. You may have the stats (with buffs) to get to the bottom of the dungeon. But when the MP starts to run out, do you have the stats (without buffs) to get back up?

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've always considered buffs to be temporary anyhow. I'm running 5 turns as an average right now so if a fight gets very long the player is still going to have to spend some time on buffs but at least they have the ability to go into a tough fight better prepared so the fight is challenging and not nearly impossible.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

After years of relying on others and the community to help with making my games, I've decided to delve into the world of scripting. Thought I'd share a few simple scripts that I made that I'm very proud of and excited about!

Redesigning characters after such a long time feels great. Makes me excited to work on an old game again.
Phone menu to replace main menu WIP:
It's been that long since I wrote a plugin, it took me 4 attempts to realize it's != rather than #. In a 40-line plugin, 20 of those lines being documentation!
Disk Check Plugin - Running on Linux:
RMMV-Game-Mint.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ffstsa