zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've tried various preloaders and I had a question. does anyone else have various graphics pop up for a split second when entering a scene? like I've had my entire iconset pop up regardless of what preloader I use. or just random other graphics.

is this supposed to happen with these? and if so, does it happen in deployment? the main two preloaders I've used are...

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/game-scene-stabilizer-version-7-0-3.89867/

and

anyone who knows what's going on, it'd be a great help.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
a preloader is supposed to *read the file from disk*, and *load it into memory*.
if you have a problem with an image *popping up on screen*, what might be happening is that the preloader is not only *reading the image*, it's also *representing it* on screen.
this happens because the instruction for *drawing* the image on screen, indirectly calls for a read from disk.

.....so, ..... *no*.
if the preloader is coded correctly, you shouldn't have an instance of *representing an image on screen* while calling for it.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hmm, that's interesting. I wondering what's going on then. maybe another plugin is conflicting and causing this... I can't check at the moment, but I'll see if that's the issue when I can.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
one of the finest preloader (personal) is Galv_ImageCache.
which load the images only when you need them to use.

so when in a map that needs it, use a autorum/erase event or ss A with
a scriptcall to call those images.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
one of the finest preloader (personal) is Galv_ImageCache.
which load the images only when you need them to use.

so when in a map that needs it, use a autorum/erase event or ss A with
a scriptcall to call those images.
I'll look into this one then when I can, thanks

EDIT: Yeah, Galv's seems to work fine without adding any weird images on screen randomly. thanks for the suggestion, this helps a lot.

Last edited:

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah. I used a bunch of them (preloaders) and only galvs is working as it should.

MiD

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have to load many images in my game as images are constructed in layers, and galv's plugin doesn't seem to load them all... However i can tell you a work-around i did.

Create a common event and put fade-out in its beginning and fade-in in its end. Then, between those two simply show all the images you need to load. After showing each image, put a "wait" command for 1 frame. After showing all the images, In the end, put a script call to remove all images. Now all those images will be loaded in cache (you might need to raise the cache limit if you have many images) until the player exits the game.

If you want to ensure that this event will run when loading a game, galv has a plugin that calls a common event on game load. So i just put this common event and now images never lag.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That moment when you try to figure out a color scheme for an alien ship so that it's something other than "Grey on Grey".
It's up for viewing! See what happened when EquestriAlert got tested in 1997... or was it a test? Did somepony hack the system? Or did somepony push the wrong switch? Even Adagio Dazzle (the owner of the channel) has no clue.

Can you put the pieces together? Don't worry, the game isn't over yet! There's more pieces to add on!
Why parodies are always underrated on your opinion?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notreeee