BigJosher84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am trying to add my 13th map, and I want to load a pre-made. When I go to the pre-made and load one, I get completely wrong tiles on it, when you got to prmades shouldn't it pull the tiles set out it needs by itself for that certain map? how can I fix this? without restarting?

God Bless You and Stay Safe :)

Attachments

• rpg.jpg
    rpg.jpg
    593.4 KB · Views: 10

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks like you edited one of the tileset slots (in database) that the pre-made maps would go to. You can either:
- Change them back in the database or
- Edit the map settings to a different tileset slot and then add corresponding tilesets in the database.

If you loaded an indoor map, try using Inside A, Inside B, Inside C sets when doing the above but it could be the SF set too. I haven't checked out the loaded maps yet but hope that helps.

Last edited:

BigJosher84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh
It looks like you edited one of the tileset slots (in database) that the pre-made maps would go to. You can always change them back
Oh, Ok Thank you :), I thought It would be smart enough to pull what it needed.

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're most welcome! Programs are dumb without being told what to do. :)

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Start a new project, grab the unedited tileset files(rename them.. example: tileseta to tileseta_original). Once all are copied over to the tileset folder, open the editor and navigate to tileset. Find the set your premade map uses, copy the entry and paste it into an empty slot. Rename the new slot to something you can recognise as being the new set. On the new set, change each section to the new copies(easily found because you renamed them to something similar). Now go to the premade map and change the tileset source.
Once u have confirmed all is good, save your project and delete the one you made for the original tiles.

BigJosher84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Start a new project, grab the unedited tileset files(rename them.. example: tileseta to tileseta_original). Once all are copied over to the tileset folder, open the editor and navigate to tileset. Find the set your premade map uses, copy the entry and paste it into an empty slot. Rename the new slot to something you can recognise as being the new set. On the new set, change each section to the new copies(easily found because you renamed them to something similar). Now go to the premade map and change the tileset source.
Once u have confirmed all is good, save your project and delete the one you made for the original tiles.
thanks

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What map were you trying to load? I just booted up my PC and opened MV to try figuring it out. If you can tell me which map, I can tell you which tilesets to use. If it's the Military Base map, then you'll want to use the SF Outside set (info in spoilers)

1631943268949.png

1631943011925.png

The method NaosoX shared would work, too.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just starting a new project would let the OP identify the correct order of the tilesets.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
also as an addon to others, if you use your own tiles or modified them,
you can re-arrange the tiles in the insideA,B,C etc so it would grab the
correct tiles.

if your own tiles are removed for "not needed" than you get those
issues too as well.

so you have to double check when using your own and pre-made maps,
in order to keep the tileset in 1 piece when editing it and placed correctly.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on making a simple sprite frame system. And I'm really happy with the progress.
ZAyFw65.gif
Sketching on Milanote the new script of the system I plan to implement for VNMaker. This is making me learning Coffeescript through a crash-course I never thought I would ever take in my meager career as writer, but brings back fond memories when I was forced to learn RUBY for RPGMaker XP back in those years. Oh dear... :LZSooo:
For some reason, I found this is kinda stylist
ready to fall into another development hell...
Mega has been giving me a lot of problems as of late, so I think I'll need to switch to another cloud service. I'm considering Dropbox.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThiagoSarmentoSelau