Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

Othnar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
Hi guys,  can you help me?

Every time my actor makes an action during battle, he steps back, make the animation to cast and then he returns to place.

like this:

I want him to guard (this skill is not magic, is the other thing that uses TP)

He steps back, he does the cast animations (ready/magical ) , he returns back home, and then stays in guard position (guard animation). Turn ends.

I don't want him to step back and to cast animations. I just want him to put in his guard position and stay in place.

My rpg maker mv is in Portuguese :S

thank you

1.png

Random Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

Is there a way to make a character start a new move from somewhere besides the home position?

Like for instance, they do a move that makes them run up to an enemy, the attack is made, they jump back a little bit and when they do their next move they do it from that position rather than their home position?

Thanks in advance for any help.

OKIComputer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having a frustrating problem with an action sequence that otherwise works. It's an AoE attack, and I do "attack effect: enemies" to damage everyone. However, if I kill anyone, the game plays the collapse sound at least twice. For example, if there are three bats, and I kill all three bats, it plays the collapse sound once for everybody (the desired behavior), and then the battle log shows Bat A, then Bat A dies and it plays the collapse sound, then log shows Bat B, Bat B dies, plays the collapse sound, then the same with Bat C, so that for three enemies it plays the collapse sound four times, when I only want it to happen once. Why is this second set of collapse effects playing, where the game goes through each bat individually?

Last edited by a moderator:

Niatane

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can someone help me that will detect if actor1 uses the skill[id], it will perform different action.

i've tried putting this on skills note

<setup action>
if user.isActor(1)    // <- Not working

action sequences codes etc..
end

</setup action>

if user.isActor() == 1 // <- Also not working
if $dataActors[1] // <- working but if other actor uses the same skill[id], the statement will trigger :/
any idea?

----
lol, just figured out...
if you want to try this just use:

if subject.actorId() == x              // x is the actor id..
statements
end

Note: this will perform different actions for an actor from 1 skill.

OKIComputer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having a frustrating problem with an action sequence that otherwise works. It's an AoE attack, and I do "attack effect: enemies" to damage everyone. However, if I kill anyone, the game plays the collapse sound at least twice. For example, if there are three bats, and I kill all three bats, it plays the collapse sound once for everybody (the desired behavior), and then the battle log shows Bat A, then Bat A dies and it plays the collapse sound, then log shows Bat B, Bat B dies, plays the collapse sound, then the same with Bat C, so that for three enemies it plays the collapse sound four times, when I only want it to happen once. Why is this second set of collapse effects playing, where the game goes through each bat individually?

For what it's worth, I solved this after I watched a tutorial and saw how he was using immortal flags. I set my targets to immortal during the setup and took it away in finish and it worked exactly how I wanted.

Random Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Everyone,

Just another question about setting up a sequence. I'm having trouble with how the order goes and I hope i am doing this right. If someone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

What i am trying to do is have a common event called if the target is still alive. If it is dead to just end the turn. What I have now doesn't kill the target until after the common event starts and finishes. Any advice would be so helpful. If you need anymore info let me know. Thanks in advance.

Current sequence:

<target Action>

motion thrust: user

move user: target, front base, 30

wait for movement

motion swing: user

perform action

action animation: target

wait for animation

action effect: target

death break

move user: home, 20

face user: forward

motion escape: user

wait for movement

immortal: targets false

collapse: target

motion walk: user

wait: 10

if target.isDeathStateAffected()

perform finish

else

COMMON EVENT: 100

end

</target Action>

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I posted this on Yanfly's plugin thread as a potential bug, but was directed here by Yanfly. Does anybody else have this problem?

===

I am making a skill that expends all MP, but has additional effects (15% MP recovery) depending on whether the caster's MP is above a certain threshold before using the spell. My method was to use a conditional statement in <setup action> to check for the caster's current MP. However, even though the help file states that <setup action> takes place before skill costs are expended, that doesn't seem to be the case. To further confirm this, I put a "wait: 300" in the first line of the <setup action> code, and when I run it in battle, I see that the MP has already been expended while the wait happens, implying that the <setup action> is taking place AFTER the skill cost.

Here's the exact code I'm using:

<setup action>

wait: 300                                       < for visually verifying whether the skill cost has already taken place

if (user.mp >= user.mmp*0.6)

add state 78: user

</setup action>

< theoretically this is where the MP cost should actually occur

<follow action>

if user.isStateAffected(78)

MP +15%: user

</follow action>

===

darkslasher21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
turkish
Primarily Uses
Hey Yanfly,

I love your work and i use it in my projects but im stuck with this please help me :/ .

I'm trying to do an tornado uppercut like yours in one of your tips & tricks video. (I don't remember which video is it.)

My actor jumps to the center of enemies and jumps again to the sky, While he is jumping, I want a tornado animation on the center of the enemies and they take damage. Then my actor must go home (starting position).

But instead;

1) The animation appears on the user and when he jumps, the animation jumps with him too. (I don't want this.)

2) All of the enemies take damage at once, Then they take damage individually again. (and I don't want this too :/ )

Please Help me  :)  .

There is my action

<Whole Action>

Opacity not Focus: 0

Wait for Opacity

Jump User: 200%, 30

Move User: target, base, 30

Camera Focus: target

Zoom: 125%, 10

Wait: 30

Jump User: 500%, 40

Animation 91: user

Wait: 5

Se: Blow3

Action Effect

Wait: 20

Reset Camera

Opacity not Focus: 255

</Whole Action>

NOTE: I know this is repost but i saw you redirect action sequence probs here and i came with the same thing sorry :/

emelian65

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hey Yanfly,

I love your work and i use it in my projects but im stuck with this please help me :/ .

I'm trying to do an tornado uppercut like yours in one of your tips & tricks video. (I don't remember which video is it.)

My actor jumps to the center of enemies and jumps again to the sky, While he is jumping, I want a tornado animation on the center of the enemies and they take damage. Then my actor must go home (starting position).

But instead;

1) The animation appears on the user and when he jumps, the animation jumps with him too. (I don't want this.)

2) All of the enemies take damage at once, Then they take damage individually again. (and I don't want this too :/ )

Please Help me  :)  .

There is my action

<Whole Action>

Wait for Opacity

Animation 91: user <----- This is your problem. 

Action Effect

Reset Camera

</Whole Action>

NOTE: I know this is repost but i saw you redirect action sequence probs here and i came with the same thing sorry :/

<Whole Action>

Wait for Opacity

Animation 91: existing enemies <---- It should be like this :D

Action Effect

Reset Camera

</Whole Action>

darkslasher21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
turkish
Primarily Uses
<Whole Action>

Wait for Opacity

Animation 91: existing enemies <---- It should be like this :D

Action Effect

Reset Camera

</Whole Action>

But they are taking damage at the end of the action after the user goes back to its home. How can i fix this.
I want to deal damage only once. And i want the animation to appear at the center of all enemies.

emelian65

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
But they are taking damage at the end of the action after the user goes back to its home. How can i fix this.
I want to deal damage only once.

That means that the skill target is in 1 enemy or something like that, you have twoo options add

<target action>

<\target action>

above you action sequence or change the skill target

Image one.png

Also if you want for only one whirlwind to appear you have to change the animation itself...

image two.png

darkslasher21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
turkish
Primarily Uses
That means that the skill target is in 1 enemy or something like that, you have twoo options add

<target action>

<\target action>

above you action sequence or change the skill target

View attachment 37853

Also if you want for only one whirlwind to appear you have to change the animation itself...

View attachment 37854

Thank you for helping me that much :)  . I fixed the whirlwind and i did put the (Action Effect) between <Target Action> and </Target Action>. Works way more better :)  .

PaybacK

Fire Crazed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having fun playing with these action sequences. I do have a question, though. Is it possible to have animations move? Maybe designate a playing animation as a target and have it move toward an enemy (for example, launching a fireball from the actor to the targeted enemy)? It seems simple, but I can't seem to figure it out.

emelian65

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I'm having fun playing with these action sequences. I do have a question, though. Is it possible to have animations move? Maybe designate a playing animation as a target and have it move toward an enemy (for example, launching a fireball from the actor to the targeted enemy)? It seems simple, but I can't seem to figure it out.

|I don't believe there is a way to do that at least no to the animation alone, there is a way o do it it but you have to play with opacity a little. and the animation that you are trying to use, for my example I'm going to say that animation 131 is a fire sphere that hovers for around 20-40 frames and animation 132 is a esplosion animation

<target action>

animation 131: user

wait: 30

opacity user: 0%, 0

move user: target, front base, 100

wait for movement

wait: 15

animation 132: target

action effect

wait for animation

oacity user: 100%, 0

<\target animation>

what does this do?, well the animation play in the character then the character turn invisible and move to the foe makint the animation follow him, after that the shill should "hit" the target and the explosion using it liek this will make the character using the skill banish for as long as the animation plays so, its an option.

Also I'm sorry if some of the codes for the sequence are wrogn I'm in my work right now but in a few hours I'll test it

PaybacK

Fire Crazed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
|I don't believe there is a way to do that at least no to the animation alone, there is a way o do it it but you have to play with opacity a little. and the animation that you are trying to use, for my example I'm going to say that animation 131 is a fire sphere that hovers for around 20-40 frames and animation 132 is a esplosion animation

<target action>

animation 131: user

opacity user: 0%, 0

move user: target, front base, 100

wait for movement

wait: 15

animation 132: target

action effect

wait for animation

oacity user: 100%, 0

<\target animation>

what does this do?, well the animation play in the character then the character turn invisible and move to the foe makint the animation follow him, after that the shill should "hit" the target and the explosion using it liek this will make the character using the skill banish for as long as the animation plays so, its an option.

Also I'm sorry if some of the codes for the sequence are wrogn I'm in my work right now but in a few hours I'll test it

Hmm, it doesn't quite work, but I do understand what you're saying. Thanks for this, I'll try to play with it and come up with something!

emelian65

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
<target action>

animation 128: user

camera focus: user

opacity user: 0, 20

move user: target, center, 30

wait for movement

animation 129: target

action effect

wait for animation

move user: home, 30

opacity user: 100%, 30

<\target action>

This one work a very wellwith me, of course you need the correct animations for it to work

PaybacK

Fire Crazed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
<target action>

animation 128: user

camera focus: user

opacity user: 0, 20

move user: target, center, 30

wait for movement

animation 129: target

action effect

wait for animation

move user: home, 30

opacity user: 100%, 30

<\target action>

This one work a very wellwith me, of course you need the correct animations for it to work

I got it, for the most part. I'll have to rotate the animation so it makes more sense, and it'll be fine. Thanks for this, buddy!

emelian65

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Sorry ... you know how to can create a skill with animation 24... causing two hits ???

It'a actually very simple... more or less like this.

<target action>

move user: target, front base, 20

wait for movement

animation 24: target

wait: 12

action effect

move user: target, back base, 12

face user: home

wait: 12

action effect

wait for animation

<\target action>

It looks complicate because I made the actor move toward the enemy, hit then move at the back of the enemy and hit again, in the end you can manipulate the number of attacks using the "action effect" code.

Hi guys,  can you help me?

Every time my actor makes an action during battle, he steps back, make the animation to cast and then he returns to place.

like this:

I want him to guard (this skill is not magic, is the other thing that uses TP)

He steps back, he does the cast animations (ready/magical ) , he returns back home, and then stays in guard position (guard animation). Turn ends.

I don't want him to step back and to cast animations. I just want him to put in his guard position and stay in place.

My rpg maker mv is in Portuguese :S

thank you

View attachment 37328

It's as simple as putting 

<setup action>

<\setup action>

this will erease all the casting and the move forward, you'll probably need to add this one too.

<target action>

motion guard: user

<\target action>

But I believe that the sprite will not remain in guard motion, but i don't know what to do about that sorry.

NeroAkuryoo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
This might seems like a dumb question, but anyway:

I'm doing an action sequence for the basic attack skill, just walk up to the enemy and and hit it with the character equipped weapon. So far it's working, no problens. The things is, I want to prevent the character from moving to the target's face to hit when equipped with a bow. I thought about using the IF ... ELSE statement, but I can't find how to verefy the user equipped weapon.

Here's the action sequence:

<setup action>

display action

immortal: targets true

move user: target, front base, 30

motion wait: user

</setup action>

<target action>

perform action

action animation

animation wait 5: target

action effect

death break

</target action>

<follow action>

immortal: targets false

</follow action>

<finish action>

perform finish

clear battle log

</finish action>

EDIT: Also, anyone can tell me how to make an action sequence where the skill sellect a bunch of random enemies and the use rjumps on each one of them? Kinda lika the Alpha Strike from Master Yi in League of Legends.

PaybacK

Fire Crazed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here's what you're looking for. Sorry if it looks weird, I'm on my phone at work and it's acting weird. This is from an earlier post, I didn't make it lol

Code:
<setup action>display actionimmortal: targets, true</setup action><target action>if user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'  move user: targets, front, 20else  perform startendwait for movementmotion attack: userwait: 10attack animation: targetwait for animationaction effect</target action>

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This pig girl is a merchant and playable character.
Currently there's no name for her yet. a suggestion is welcomed.
Merchant.jpg
Merchant-1.jpg
Want for a Nail: I'm trying to figure out what controllers work with MZ, one support thread, a plugin request thread, a dead controller, and a $48 eBay purchase, and a PS1/PS2 USB adapter later. Still stuck with keyboard controls...
RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue: Dying Flame stream starts now! Will we be able to escape the mansion with only the small flame of a lighter to guide our way? Find out live!

Moving day is on May 12! A month from today! I'm finally getting my own apartment!
I made the logo and title screen for my game (Still rough but at least it's got a design now)
Eyy1s2gXIAMzfFN
Eyy1s2hXMAEmiRA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sainti