Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

OKIComputer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What's the best way to not play an animation for an attack when it misses?

Galaxyglow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've been working on an action sequence for a specific character, and it may be impossible, but basically this character is invisible most of the time, so for his SV character I have none selected. But when he uses this specific skill I want him to fade into view, thereby making his attacks more powerful. Silly, I know.

I thought I could just throw in a common event that changes the character's image in the middle of the notes while he's at 0% opacity then bring him gradually to 100%, but instead he just does his skill while still invisible then, after after the skill is complete, his solid self just appears. No fade in. :(

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Here's what I have written for the skill:

<setup action>

opacity user: 0%, 20

wait for opacity

wait: 20

common event: 21                   (At this point the common event just has a "Change Actor Images" command and a "Wait:20" command)

</setup action>

<target action>

animation 122: user

opacity user: 100%, 30

wait for opacity

</target action>

CyndaBytes

Creator and Destroyer of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hello guys, i hope in your help.
I would like my physical attacks are bloody. I can easily do it with the cast animation code, however is there a lunatic code or something similar to put the condition that the animation is executed only if the blow hits (don't miss)?

Talonos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Question:

I would like to change my skills element based on what state the user has on. (If he has a fire aura, then his ki blast deals fire damage, etc.)

Checking for states is easy with the conditional statements, but I cannot find an action sequence that will change the skill's element.

Any thoughts?

ThePotatoOfFire

8-bit Obsessed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having fun playing with these action sequences. I do have a question, though. Is it possible to have animations move? Maybe designate a playing animation as a target and have it move toward an enemy (for example, launching a fireball from the actor to the targeted enemy)? It seems simple, but I can't seem to figure it out.

With Action Sequences, no. But, Victor Sant recently released a throwable objects plugin that does exactly that. Here's the link:

https://victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/

Last edited by a moderator:

PaybacK

Fire Crazed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
With Action Sequences, no. But, Victor Sant recently released a throwable objects plugin that does exactly that. Here's the link:

https://victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/

Excellent. Exactly what I needed. I'm getting some error (might not be playing nice with Yanfly) but I'm playing around with the orders trying to get it working. Cheers bro. 

EDIT: Messed up because I loaded a game save. You're a godsend, bro.

SlySlySly

Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does anyone have a super simplified explanation to making these? I am very confused and technical  language is really elitist.

SlySlySly

Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Also, I am wondering if there is a way to show other images. One of my character is a "Summoner" Her attacks would bring up an image of something, then the image would shoot

across the screen to attack. So she  doesn't move, but the things/creatures she summoned attack.

PaybacK

Fire Crazed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Also, I am wondering if there is a way to show other images. One of my character is a "Summoner" Her attacks would bring up an image of something, then the image would shoot

across the screen to attack. So she  doesn't move, but the things/creatures she summoned attack.

Not a much easier way to explain them. It's not that complicated, it's just a lot to work with and keep in mind. If you're new to it, you'll have to do a bit of trial and error. 

For the summoning, you can put it in a common event and have the action sequence call it. 

ThePotatoOfFire

8-bit Obsessed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Excellent. Exactly what I needed. I'm getting some error (might not be playing nice with Yanfly) but I'm playing around with the orders trying to get it working. Cheers bro. 

EDIT: Messed up because I loaded a game save. You're a godsend, bro.

Happy to help!

Talonos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does anyone have a super simplified explanation to making these? I am very confused and technical  language is really elitist.

"Elitist" implies that we are using technical language to try and exclude others we deem "unworthy". That is not the case. We use technical language because it is more concise and less ambiguous. There are many complicated concepts we can communicate with only a word or two that would take much longer if we avoided technical vocabulary. Using this language lets Yanfly spend less time making docs and more time making plugins. It also lets us spend less time reading docs and more time making games.

As an example, take an "argument." (The word occurs six times in Action Sequence pack 2's documentation.) An argument is "one of the words you put after a command." Or take a command (which occurs regularly throughout the documentation) which is "one of the words you use to tell an action sequence to do something." Using names for these concepts (like "Command" or "Argument") makes the whole document more readable, so long as you know the words.

As I was looking through Yanfly's docs looking for examples, I actually had a hard time finding much technical vocabulary. Most of the technical terms she uses are defined within her documentation itself. (For example, at the start of each action sequence pack, she defines "Action Sequence" and "Command" in the same sentence.)

Most of us here like Yanfly's writing style, and calling our favored writing style "elitist" is insulting to us as well, meaning people will probably not be willing to help you much. If you want to get help with any of the action sequences, it would be better to bring up specific examples of things you don't understand.

For example, could you post a paragraph or a few sentences from Yanfly's docs that you wish you understood but didn't? I'll help explain it to you by defining any of the "technical language" you don't understand, and hopefully, with your new vocabulary, you can make better sense of the rest of the documentation.

PS: If you want to see elitist technical documentation, I've got some examples. At least Yanfly doesn't request that you read and understand the Wikipedia article on set notation theory before reading her docs.

SlySlySly

Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
"Elitist" implies that we are using technical language to try and exclude others we deem "unworthy". That is not the case. We use technical language because it is more concise and less ambiguous. There are many complicated concepts we can communicate with only a word or two that would take much longer if we avoided technical vocabulary. Using this language lets Yanfly spend less time making docs and more time making plugins. It also lets us spend less time reading docs and more time making games.

As an example, take an "argument." (The word occurs six times in Action Sequence pack 2's documentation.) An argument is "one of the words you put after a command." Or take a command (which occurs regularly throughout the documentation) which is "one of the words you use to tell an action sequence to do something." Using names for these concepts (like "Command" or "Argument") makes the whole document more readable, so long as you know the words.

As I was looking through Yanfly's docs looking for examples, I actually had a hard time finding much technical vocabulary. Most of the technical terms she uses are defined within her documentation itself. (For example, at the start of each action sequence pack, she defines "Action Sequence" and "Command" in the same sentence.)

Most of us here like Yanfly's writing style, and calling our favored writing style "elitist" is insulting to us as well, meaning people will probably not be willing to help you much. If you want to get help with any of the action sequences, it would be better to bring up specific examples of things you don't understand.

For example, could you post a paragraph or a few sentences from Yanfly's docs that you wish you understood but didn't? I'll help explain it to you by defining any of the "technical language" you don't understand, and hopefully, with your new vocabulary, you can make better sense of the rest of the documentation.

PS: If you want to see elitist technical documentation, I've got some examples. At least Yanfly doesn't request that you read and understand the Wikipedia article on set notation theory before reading her docs.

Alright, I figured out that I was just looking over the documents fast without thinking... Thanks for explaining though.

InsanePridee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
is it possible to play movie files in skill's? I'm currently trying to play a movie via calling a common event. the movie plays but the action sequence carry's on while the video plays.

ive also tried using a plugin from sumrandomdude which makes events wait till a video has finished, which his done a good job but doesn't work for in skill's. it makes the movie keep repeating itself? is this possible to do? thankyou

sorry ive managed to do it now

CrimsonNightfox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Isn't there a much easier way to get the codes to work? They's fixed in a straight line.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, I came across one of the scripts here and was able to test some skills here and there.

But I had a bit of a problem, for this particular skill which I named "METEOR" it goes well and all, but the animation

seem to be off and repeat after casting.

To be more precise on what I'm saying, check out the vid that I made for the skill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bpAYWi6dEY&feature=youtu.be

Here's my script:

<setup action>

display action

immortal: targets, true

wait: 40

hide battle hud

opacity not focus: 0%

camera focus: user, front center, 45

zoom: 1.5, 45

motion chant: user

motion wait: user

se: Darkness8

opacity user: 55%, 20

opacity user: 100%, 20

motion guard: user

animation 120: user

wait animation

camera focus: target, center, 5

zoom: 100%, 10

</setup action>

<Target Action>

motion spell: user

action animation: target

death break

clear battle log

opacity not focus: 100%

</Target Action>

<follow action>

show battle hud

</follow action>

Volcore

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
to fix that, change all the target actions to whole actions.

Volcore

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, I came across one of the scripts here and was able to test some skills here and there.

But I had a bit of a problem, for this particular skill which I named "METEOR" it goes well and all, but the animation

seem to be off and repeat after casting.

To be more precise on what I'm saying, check out the vid that I made for the skill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bpAYWi6dEY&feature=youtu.be

Here's my script:

to fix that, change all the target actions to whole actions, the reason why you have to do that, is because I believe the animation was originally designed  for a one enemy attack, and since your skill targets multiple,you have to change the target actions to whole actions. Hope this helps. Whoops, sorry for the double post there.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I did change it to Whole action, but now it doesn't do any damage. 

Volcore

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If I remember correctly, as I am not at my PC currently, you have to add action effect: target where ever you want the animation to display/do damage in the whole action bit. What action effect: target does, is it does what ever the skill is supposed to do on all targets,so unless you want the skill to damage the target enemies multiple times, you only need to type it once.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I seem to be able to make it work. And here's another one that I tested. It worked out so well, but then

after the attack the animation seems to repeat it self. Help please thank you very much :)  
I'm really excited on the common event plugin for battles.

Attack sequence video:

<setup action>

display action

immortal: targets, true

hide battle hud

opacity not focus: 0%

wait for opacity

camera focus: user, front center, 45

zoom: 1.5, 45

motion chant: user

se: Launch

opacity user: 95%, 20

camera focus: target, center, 5

zoom: 100%, 10

wait: 5

</setup action>

<whole action>

wait: 100

se: Wind10

opacity user: 0%, 5

move user: target, front, 5

wait for opacity

opacity user: 100%, 5

wait for opacity

change switch 17: ON

common event: 4

motion attack: user

action animation

shake screen: 9, 9, 50

change switch 17: OFF

ani wait: 5

immortal: target, false

Wait 30

move user: home, 5

face user: forward

</whole action>

<follow action>

change switch 17: OFF

wait: 60

opacity not focus: 100%, 60

wait for opacity

show battle hud

</follow action>

side.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well, I've decided I'll take a break on making Forgotten Eclipse...and Make a mod for FNF
Trailer for my new game.
last one for a while
MythicRuss wrote on gothicvoid's profile.
hi, i was looking thru ur awesome stuff, and was looking around the internet, how in the heckin heck do i get the hiddendoors to open? im addng them to the doors event but they just appear as solid walls, btw am total noob lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiboQuinn