Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

Axyal

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
I'm pretty sure you can do this with action sequences. It'd require a little bit of work using if/than/else statements in each skill that has a voice.

But how it would work is you'd check to see the actor user ID of the skill and then apply the sound file by the actor. Something like:

IF Actor = 1
THAN Play attacksound.wav
IF Actor = 2
THAN Play attacksound2.wav
ELSE Play attacksound3.wav
ENDIF

This NOT the code you would use, its just pseudo code to get the general idea. But you'd have to check for each and every actor you have and then assign a sound file for each one. Then do this in each skill. I don't know if we can use case statements.. that'd be much easier than if/than/else.. and much cleaner looking.

I'm actually interested to see how it would work myself. I'll be working on it. but I can't promise anything till this weekend. Thanks for bringing it up voices with actions, its a feature I've been wanting to make for a project and totally forgot about.
Exactly!

Thanks to you.

But yes it's why i'm here: the code you are showing to me, i have no idea what it mean.

this kind of code, you put it in the skill, right?

omfgkevin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was wondering, what exactly causes a skill to do damage an extra time? I was testing my skills that hit multiple times during the animation, and always at the end it does an extra tick after the animation is over.

This is what I have in my notetags

Code:
<Cast Animation: 0>
<whole action>
camera focus: user, HEAD, 90
zoom: 1.35, 45
wait: 30
animation 139: user
motion chant: user
wait: 150
motion idle: user
reset camera
reset zoom
wait: 60
animation 150: all opponents
wait: 75
action effect
wait: 20
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
</whole action>

Last edited by a moderator:

cekobico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
@omfgkevin below the last line, put : 

Code:
<target action>
</target action>

Taemien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Exactly!

Thanks to you.

But yes it's why i'm here: the code you are showing to me, i have no idea what it mean.

this kind of code, you put it in the skill, right?

The code I showed is just an example of the logic behind what could work. Not the exact code to use in the skills. Like I said, I don't exactly know the code and will have to test some theories and tinker with the plugin notetags a bit. I'm working on it though.

MauricioEsp

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
Hello everybody! I want to ask you if there is a predeterminated code to paste on the ability notes, because I want to make that my players get near of the enemy to perform an animation.

I have this code:

<setup action>

display action

immortal: targets, true

</setup action>

<target action>

if user .attackMotion() !== 'missile'

move user: targets, front, 20

else

perform start

end

wait for movement

motion attack: user

wait: 10

attack animation: target

wait for animation

action effect

</target action>

The problem with this code is, when the player gets near of the enemy, it doesn't perform the animation I specified, just a simple hit animation and  a stab movement... They don't do the animation that I specified on the ability configuration. Is there a problem with the code? why can't they perform an animation when they get near? greetings and apologize for any inconvenience.

MauricioEsp

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
Thanks allot, @Yanfly But Im having troubles with your code...

Hello everybody! I want to ask you if there is a predeterminated code to paste on the ability notes, because I want to make that my players get near of the enemy to perform an animation.

I have this code:

<setup action>

display action

</setup action>

<target action>

else

perform start

end

wait for movement

wait for animation

action effect

</target action>

The problem with this code is, when the player gets near of the enemy, it doesn't perform an animation, just a simple hit animation and  a stab movement... They don't do the animation that I specified on the ability configuration. Is there a problem with the code? why can't they perform an animation when they get near? greetings and apologize for any inconvenience.

omega9380

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone!  I'm looking for a way to make the outline of a character sprite glow when a status effect is active, al a Final Fantasy 6.  For example, in FF6 when a character is poisoned, the outline of his sprite would glow green, or when they had reflect on it would glow blue.  Is this possible using Action Sequences?  If so, could someone provide the code?  Thanks!!!

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you'd have better luck using states and buffs core....

Axyal

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
The code I showed is just an example of the logic behind what could work. Not the exact code to use in the skills. Like I said, I don't exactly know the code and will have to test some theories and tinker with the plugin notetags a bit. I'm working on it though.
Yes i wish to help you but i'm not good enough for that.

And sound like it's hard, no many people seems interested, also.

I tried in french forum. For now i have 0 response.

Well 0 responses usefull.

It's a real challenge, lol.

I tried, once, to ask to yanfly to release an plugin for that. But he deleted my message. I guess i asked it in the wrong place. Nevermind, at least i hope he saw my request.

I remember i saw once in plugin pool something like displaying hurt face in the combat window.

So maybe he tried to make an plugin to add more cusitomisation/dynamis in battle (face changing+voice reacting).

But i think you are alone for this, bro. If from my side french help me and have good tips, i will share.

And i'm still watching :) Good luck! I'm with you! :popcorn:

Taemien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone!  I'm looking for a way to make the outline of a character sprite glow when a status effect is active, al a Final Fantasy 6.  For example, in FF6 when a character is poisoned, the outline of his sprite would glow green, or when they had reflect on it would glow blue.  Is this possible using Action Sequences?  If so, could someone provide the code?  Thanks!!!

I think what you could do here is use a state plugin to place an animation over the character. Not quite what happens in FF6 but it'd be close. Though if your characters are roughly the same shape and size it could work pretty well.

Yes i wish to help you but i'm not good enough for that.

And sound like it's hard, no many people seems interested, also.

I tried in french forum. For now i have 0 response.

Well 0 responses usefull.

It's a real challenge, lol.

I tried, once, to ask to yanfly to release an plugin for that. But he deleted my message. I guess i asked it in the wrong place. Nevermind, at least i hope he saw my request.

I remember i saw once in plugin pool something like displaying hurt face in the combat window.

So maybe he tried to make an plugin to add more cusitomisation/dynamis in battle (face changing+voice reacting).

But i think you are alone for this, bro. If from my side french help me and have good tips, i will share.

And i'm still watching :) Good luck! I'm with you! :popcorn:

Well so far I know the commands for it. Just not the conditions. Something like:

if user.actor(1)
SE:attack1
elseif user.actor(2)
SE:attack2
elseif user.actor(3)
SE:attack3
else
SE:attack4
end

Is what I have so far. Of course that's just a snippet of code. You'd need to do the <setup action>..</setup action> and other parts of the target action or whole action depending on the skill and your own preferences.

I'll be testing this tomorrow when I have the time to work on MV and I'll post my results. That is if someone doesn't pipe in with a clarification or confirmation first :)

ThePotatoOfFire

Stop, in the name of candy!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I have this code:

<setup action>

display action

</setup action>

<target action>

else

perform start

end

wait for movement

wait for animation

action effect

</target action>

The problem with this code is, when the player gets near of the enemy, it doesn't perform the animation I specified, just a simple hit animation and  a stab movement... They don't do the animation that I specified on the ability configuration. Is there a problem with the code? why can't they perform an animation when they get near? greetings and apologize for any inconvenience.

Change "attack animation: target" to "action animation: target". Action animation calls the skill's animation, attack animation calls the normal attack animation.

With Action Sequences? No. You'll have to go into your preferred image editor, make the proper edits to the sideview battler, and then use a state graphic plugin, such as the one created by Victor Sant. Action Sequences are for deciding what happens during a skill's execution.

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With Action Sequences? No. You'll have to go into your preferred image editor, make the proper edits to the sideview battler, and then use a state graphic plugin, such as the one created by Victor Sant. Action Sequences are for deciding what happens during a skill's execution.
I did something similar using Yanfly's BuffandStatesCore...  It's possible but you'll have to do some editing in Photoshop or equivalent.

leedragoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The link at the top for yanflys weapon type conditionals just takes me back to this page. I tried searching this topic for it too, but no such luck. 

flarearmoru

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is this where we talk about, and ask for help understanding/using Yanfly's stuffs? :D

I'm looking at the ATB system Yanfly has. Does anyone know if...

1. There's a way to change the charge time of different items, spells, skills etc? Like I want to make a spell take longer to charge, and make quick attacks take much shorter charge.

2. Possibly throw everyone's charge/speed/icon on the same line moving from left to right? With left being 0 (or some other defined number) and right being max bar? :D

Sorry. I'm new here. ^-^; I'm wondering if anyone knows if these have already been made or updated and I've just missed it cus I don't know where any of the resources are. Yanfly's webpage is the first resource center thing I've found. :x

Edit : Not sure it's important but... Yanfly's ATB system seems to allow some form of knockback for the waiting gauge. Planning to do something like have different charge and wait times for different actions example : attack may take only 10% of the bar to charge up, but might reset to 30% of the bar filled (-70%), and charging takes a different amount of time than waiting (2x) so really large spells can take even longer relative to smaller shorter actions. Probably not important but I thought some background of what I'm attempting to do might be nice if someone knows of some pre-made script I could use (like Rokan's ATLB for VX lol)

Edit 2 : Also is there a way to set up a form of knockback resistance? Like a skill knockbacks/delays by 20% of the bar (-20%) on a character with 90% resist, so it only delays by 2% of the bar? :x

ThePotatoOfFire

Stop, in the name of candy!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The link at the top for yanflys weapon type conditionals just takes me back to this page. I tried searching this topic for it too, but no such luck. 
The forums have changed since the links were put up, so the links no longer work. You'll have to sift through manually. They are all within the first few pages, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Taemien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Axyal I wasn't able to figure out the syntax needed for the conditions I was talking about earlier. I was able to setup a IF and ELSE statement that 'worked' but it would always throw the ELSE false condition and I could not get it to recognize which User was what Actor.

Anyone else reading this. What we're trying to figure out is how to tell what USER of a skill is which ACTOR using the action sequences. Basically to assign a different sound effect or voice to a skill for each different actor that uses it.

cekobico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
@Axyal I wasn't able to figure out the syntax needed for the conditions I was talking about earlier. I was able to setup a IF and ELSE statement that 'worked' but it would always throw the ELSE false condition and I could not get it to recognize which User was what Actor.

Anyone else reading this. What we're trying to figure out is how to tell what USER of a skill is which ACTOR using the action sequences. Basically to assign a different sound effect or voice to a skill for each different actor that uses it.
instead of using Action Sequence, why not use this:

https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-battle-cry/

VenTene

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey guys, just a quick question about animations in use with the system.

<setup action>

display action

if user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'

camera focus: target
zoom: 150%, 20

camera offset: right, 50

else

camera focus: user
zoom: 250%, 20
camera focus: target
zoom: 150%, 20
camera offset: right, 50

end

</setup action>

<target action>

if user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'
else
perform start
end

wait for movement
wait for animation

action effect
wait for animation
wait for movement
wait: 5

</target action>

I currently use this standard code and I made an slash animation with some dark type elements, however it shows the normal attack animation.

I double checked if I selected the right animation and have no idea why it just gives me the standard one.

omega9380

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I need to create a spell that works like the Nul spells from FFX (and others).  The way these work is the spell negates the damage from the next spell that has that element.  For example, if the player casts NulBlaze on a party member, the next time the member is hit by a fire spell, that damage is 0.  NulBlaze is then removed.  I'm looking for ideas on how best to implement this in my game.  

I think I can do it using Yanfly's Action Sequence packs.  The pack has a function that will remove state.  I need to write an If statement to check if the target has the NulBlaze state, then negate the damage and remove the state.  Would this work?  If so, can I get some assistance on the If statement?  Thanks a bunch!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The main character of the book)
Things you can say about your rpg maker project but not your bf/gf: I'm not super committed but it's fun to play around with it.
putting a puzzle in my game that BSODs the player's computer if they complete it
I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltrone