Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Blue001, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    A lot of people on this thread have taken to quoting whole posts in their reply.  This is not necessary - especially if the post you are replying to is immediately above yours - and is making the thread slow to scroll through, as well as increasing the time it takes for each page to load.

If you want to be sure that the person you are replying to knows it's them, please use the convention

@username

[then your reply]

Only quote if absolutely necessary.

Thank you.

Blue001 likes this.
  2. Kipplentoast

Kipplentoast Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    @Yanfly, thank you so much for the Character tag. It's made my night coming up with combined attacks.

@Everyone else, keep up the amazing work. I've gotten so many fun ideas from this thread. If I come up with any additional ones I'll post, right now I'm just having fun working with the ones posted so far.

3. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    <setup action>display actionwait: 40hide battle hudopacity not focus: 0%camera focus: user, front center, 45zoom: 1.2, 45wait: 45motion chant: usermotion wait: userwait: 30camera focus: target, front center, 30wait: 30</setup action><Target Action>motion spell: userwait: 30reset camera: 45wait: 45action animation: targetwait for animationperform finishclear battle logreset zoom: 20reset camera: 20wait: 20opacity not focus: 100%</Target Action><follow action>show battle hud</follow action>Fernyfer, why is the animation playing three times?

4. Fernyfer775

Fernyfer775 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @SpellcraftQuill: Is that supposed to hit one enemy or all enemies?

If it's supposed to be all enemies, make sure the database animation you're using isn't set to "SCREEN", and change the <target action> to <whole action>

5. MikeMakes

MikeMakes Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    How do I specify frames of a battler's motion to last several seconds? (e.g. I want to make animation loop for several seconds)

I only did:

motion motiontype: user

to extend by just a few frames of duration.

EDIT: *I think I will stick with this solution.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
  6. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Resolved

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
  7. lonewolph

lonewolph Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    im confused by the commands "perform finish" "action animation" "action effect"??? I didn't see any of those commands in the help file or video...

8. Tenryuga

Tenryuga Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I have a question about how to use action common event. I have made a skill where at different parts of it the user says something. I have a total of 3 different events but I'm not sure how to write this in the code or how to specify the name of the event. Also Is it possible to make it so that the skill user faces away from the enemy then jumps instead of move back to the home position? Also is there a way to make it so that the walk animation is peformed when the user is moving to the target instead of the skill animation?

9. Stratoforce

Stratoforce Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    @Tobbx I am asking how to make it 7 sets of numbers, instead of 3. It is 2 for the first 2 normal shots, then 1 for the 5 hit barrage. I want it to be 5, is there a way to do it?

10. HeroicJay

HeroicJay Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I feel like there should be a better way to do this one. This was my attempt at proper dual-wielding, not hitting with both weapons at once like RPG Maker usually does. I used Actor 18 (who is a dummy actor) to store the extra weapon. I wasn't sure what else TO use; I couldn't use JS variables, and trying to use $gameVariables forced me to use nested ifs, which don't seem to work right.

Code:
    <Setup Action>DISPLAY ACTIONIMMORTAL: targets, TRUEMOVE user: FORWARD, 50, 5WAIT FOR MOVEMENT</Setup Action><Target Action>if user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'  JUMP user: 150%  MOVE user: target, FRONT BASE  WAIT FOR JUMPelse  perform startendif user.equips()[0]  EVAL: $gameActors.actor(18).forceChangeEquip(0, user.equips()[1])  EVAL: user.forceChangeEquip(1, null)  MOTION ATTACK: user  MOTION WAIT: user  ACTION ANIMATION  WAIT FOR ANIMATION  ACTION EFFECT: target  EVAL: user.forceChangeEquip(1, $gameActors.actor(18).equips()[0])  DEATH BREAKendif user.equips()[1]  EVAL: $gameActors.actor(18).forceChangeEquip(0, user.equips()[0])  EVAL: user.forceChangeEquip(0, null)  MOTION ATTACK: user  MOTION WAIT: user  ACTION ANIMATION  WAIT FOR ANIMATION  ACTION EFFECT: target  EVAL: user.forceChangeEquip(0, $gameActors.actor(18).equips()[0])  DEATH BREAKendif !user.equips()[0] && !user.equips()[1]  MOTION ATTACK: user  MOTION WAIT: user  ACTION ANIMATION  WAIT FOR ANIMATION  ACTION EFFECT: target  DEATH BREAKend</Target Action>

11. erikmidnatt

erikmidnatt Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @lonewolph Have you tried looking at the help file(s)?

Here is the info from YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js

PERFORM FINISH
     *- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     * Causes actor to move back to its home spot.
     * Usage Example: perform finish

* ACTION ANIMATION: (target), (mirror)
     * Plays the animation assigned to the skill/item. The animation will
     * automatically select the skill's/item's assigned targets. If 'target' is
     * used, it will specify a target to play the animation on. If 'mirror' is
     * used, it will mirror the animation.
     * Usage Example: action animation
     *                action animation: target
     *                action animation: user, mirror

*=============================================================================
     * ACTION EFFECT: target
     * Causes the target(s) to take damage/healing from the skill/item and
     * incurs any changes made to the target(s) such as buffs and states.
     * Usage Example: action effect

12. Luth

Luth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I might sound very noob, but... How do I proceed to have a simple "walk to the enemy before using a simple attack" ?

Here's what I tried so far : 

<setup action>display actionMOVE target1: target2, CENTER, (20)Wait for movement</finish action><target effect>attack animation: targetwait for animationaction effectmove user: home, 20wait for movement</target action>Could you help me with that ? I'm surprised nobody thought about it :D

13. erikmidnatt

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Tenryuga

Regarding common events the tag is just

COMMON EVENT: X
     * Plays common event X at that point in the action sequence. Nothing else
     * will continue until the common event is finished.
     * Usage Example: common event: 1

Guys be sure to read the help file(s). I know it's long but what I do is either open the JS file in something like Notepad++ and search them. Or if you want inside of RPG Maker pull up the help area, select all the text, copy and paste it into a new document to use for reference. Whatever is easier for you.

@Luth, did you take a look at Yanfly's attack sequence? Pretty sure it does what you want. You may want to tweak it, but I would give it a look as it's one of the simplier examples in this thread.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46691-pre-made-yanflys-action-sequence-sharing-and-discussions/?p=470695

14. Luth

Luth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
  15. MaverickEX

MaverickEX Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Question: Is it possible to apply some of the camera movements to events and such on the map, like outside of battle? Say, the camera would zoom in at a particular region, or pan across upon first entry (ticking a switch so it doesn't happen again)?

16. erikmidnatt

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    action sequences are part of the battle system plugins. they work during different phases of battle, and only then.

17. Blue001

Blue001 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    While a good request, it may be one better posed in a new "JS Plugin Request" as these are NEW unrelated functions you are requesting that happen outside of battle, and this thread is for a plugin that only affects battle itself.

18. MaverickEX

MaverickEX Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Got it. I wasn't sure if camera = camera = camera, or if Battle Camera was handled separately from Field Camera. Thanks!

19. MikeMakes

MikeMakes Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I modified the action sequence for a spell that actors and enemies can use. However, because it contains a specification of a motion, the enemy turns invisible when that motion plays because it does not have that motion.

I used "motion motiontype: user"

How do I set that that particular motion only plays if the user is an Actor and not an Enemy?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
  20. Fernyfer775

Fernyfer775 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @MikeMakes: Just make a copy of that spell and alter it for the enemy. :) (That's how I do it)