Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

AsuranFish

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Johnboy - Thanks a bunch, it works great! Exactly what I wanted. :)

(Also, if you manage to figure out how to process the damage to the user, it doesn't necessarily need to be equal to the damage dealt to the target...)

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@AsuranFish no problem. If you have any other sequences you might like built feel free to PM me. I love this kind of stuff.

EDIT: Just rolled an idea around in my head and it turns out you don't even need lunatic mode to process damage to multiple targets. The action sequence supports this by default.

In the Exhale skill, under the target action header, scroll down until you see "action effect"
Change this to say "action effect: target" (without quotes obvs)

Then either directly after that line or wherever you'd like the damage processed, simply put this:
"action effect: user"

This will cause the user AND the target to have damage processed, and by placing it directly under the first action effect, it will process that damage simultaneously, or by placing "wait for effect" after the first action effect and placing the second after the movement, along with "wait for movement", you can have it processed when the swallowed person is returned to their spot! There's also ways to adjust the damage rate as well between the two actors, this requires at least the YEP damage core plugin, and I believe by using the YEPX critical control plugin, you could even force the first hit to critical but not the second.

As an added addendum, I believe I will start a premade action sequence thread which contains ONLY premade sequences so that members of the community can simply come, grab the code and follow the instructions posted with the code to get them up and running in minutes. Unless a mod or someone disagrees with the thread. I believe it could be a huge benefit to the community.

Last edited:

AsuranFish

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Johnboy - Thanks! I'll give that a shot. Also, I think having premade action sequences in one place would be very helpful!

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm curious to know if there's a way to randomize the attack animation. Since I have multiple attacks depending on agility, I'd like to be able to change up the animation for each hit as well.

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@BloodletterQ Should be able to do this easily using EVAL: within the action sequence. I'm far from proficient with js, but I could possibly whip up a quick sequence.

As for different animations per hit, that's achieved by doing this:

<target action>
animation 1: target
wait for animation
action effect
wait for effect
animation 2: target
wait for animation
action effect
wait for effect
</target action>

EDIT: Just for clarification, do you want attacks randomized based on the amount of agility or just randomized in general?

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well I put it wrong. I already have worked the code which seems to only go up to two hits. Here is the code for a three hit combo.

if user.agi >= target.agi + 5
motion thrust: user
wait: 10
attack animation: target
wait for animation
action effect
collapse: target
else if user.agi >= target.agi + 10
wait for animation
action effect
motion missle: user
wait for animation
action effect

For some reason I can only do two attacks regardless of speed.

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BloodletterQ I'm not really sure to understant the problem. I think it come from the first condition : if the second condition is true, then the fist is too. It mean that you can't go to the "else if" statement. So the second 2 hit combot will never happen.

if you want to do more hits depending in your agility, then put a end between your conditions and remove the "else" to do two distinct "if" statements :
if user.agi >= target.agi + 5
wait for animation
action effect
END
if user.agi >= target.agi + 10
wait for animation
action effect
motion missile: user
wait for animation
action effect
end

This way, if the second condition is true, your ballter will perform the thrust of the first condition, then he will perform the thrust and the missile of the second (be carefull, a "i" is missing in your missile motion).

If you want to do the thrust of the first condition OR the thrust then the missile of the second, then you need to modify the first condition :

if user.agi >= target.agi + 5 && user.agi < target.agi + 10

This way, if the second condition is true, the first is false. You will be able to do the fist condition or the second.
I'm not sure the "&&" work with battle core engine, so if it doesn't, you can do two if statement.

GAKUMI

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ummm, hello everyone. How do you do.
I'm still very noob to this 'rpg maker mv' and need to learn much.

I want to ask to you guys about the action sequence.
Why doesnt <cast animation: x> work in my note?
Btw my note is like the following. Thanks before :)

<cast animation: 35>

<setup action>
opacity user: 50%, 60
wait for opacity
jump user: 100, 60
move user: target, back base, 60
wait for jump
</setup action>

<whole action>
face user: backward, 30
wait for face
immortal target true
wait for animation
wait 60
opacity user: 100%, 30
wait for opacity
action effect
wait for effect
wait 60
immortal target false
</whole action>

<finish action>
face user: away from target
move user: home, 60
wait for jump
face user: forward
</finish action>

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@GAKUMI I don't think that <cast animation: X> is processed by the action sequence plugins. If you want a casting animation, try this:

<setup action>
opacity user: 50%, 60
wait for opacity
move user: target, back base, 60
wait for jump
motion chant: user <--------- this is your casting motion
animation 35: user <--------- this is your casting animation
immortal: targets, true
wait for animation
</setup action>

<whole action>
face user: backward, 30
wait for face
immortal target true
wait for animation
wait 60
opacity user: 100%, 30
wait for opacity
action effect
wait for effect
wait 60
immortal target false
</whole action>

<finish action>
face user: away from target
move user: home, 60
wait for jump
face user: forward
</finish action>

Fizzlewizzle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sorry,
Posted in wrong topic.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Fizzlewizzle This thread is exclusively for queries for the plugin Action Sequences. Please post your query in the correct thread.

GAKUMI

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Johnboy, thanks a lot, and sorry for my late reply. That's a great help of youurs :D

GAKUMI

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So here I wanna ask again.
I'd plugged-in Yep_SkillCore and then plugged-in YEP_X_SkillCooldowns under it. I assume that this method is already correct.

However, everytime I noted <cooldown: 2> on a skill note, the skill would still be normally played. It wouldn't have cooldown at all. Why? I just really get depressed about this.

Mando Jetii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick question: How do you set a variable to a target's (or user's) ID?

EDIT:
Let me rephrase that: How do you set a variable to a target or user's ID using action sequences? I know about the "Change Variable x = y" action but I don't know what line of code I need to put into y to acquire a target or user's ID number from the database.

Last edited:

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@GAKUMI I don't quite understand. <Cooldown: 2> would make it so that the skill is useable and then would go on a 2 turn cooldown. Do you mean it is still useable after used and while it is still on cooldown? If that is the case there could be several issues. It could be something as simple as skill plugins placed above battle plugins to something more complex such as the use of an ATB battle system.

Mando Jetii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nobody's answered my simple question yet:
Quick question: How do you set a variable to a target's (or user's) ID?

EDIT:
Let me rephrase that: How do you set a variable to a target or user's ID using action sequences? I know about the "Change Variable x = y" action but I don't know what line of code I need to put into y to acquire a target or user's ID number from the database.

I posted this on Monday and it really is an easy question. The only reason I need to ask is because I'm not familiar with the RMMV internal infrastructure yet.

Let me explain what I'm trying to do. It's really something that should have been built into VX Ace, but it still hasn't made it into MV: You can create items that "Grow" the base statistics of a character, but although it includes all eight base stats, it is missing EXP. I'm trying to make an item that increases a character's EXP. I've already figured out how to do it, just call a common event with a "Change EXP" command that sets the actor using a variable, all I need is the ability to set a variable to the Actor ID of the target character. Since Yanfly's Action Sequences work in items & include the ability to set variables using "Change Variable [var ID] = [script]", I figured I could get my item working if I just knew what script to enter.
Could someone please tell me what script I need to access a target actor's ID?

P.s. Or if someone has a simpler solution that produces the same effect (e.g. an action sequence that increases the target's EXP directly), please let me know. I may be over-complicating this.

Last edited:

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mando Jetii I think you can get the actor ID thanks to actorId() : use EVAL : var actorid = user.actorId(); or target.actorId() and this should return the id of the actor using the item.

But for what you are trying to do, i think it's easier to give a state to your target that give a bonus xp :
This way you don't need the target id. If removing the state at the end of the battle don't work, remove it after walking 1 step.

Attachments

• help.PNG
    help.PNG
    77.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Draconic_Story_Teller

Guardian of the Bookshelf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not gonna lie, I only just started toying with A.S 1-3 like a week ago, and I'm thusfar impressed that my only error so far is just an UpToCapitaliziation for failing to manage to remember a space or a comma somewhere, but I've got this one issue that I can't avoid that's bugging me, and really ruins one attack for me.

Right now I use three A.S-based skills, one being posted in this thread by Yanfly (Attack script), so that one is bugfree thankfully. I removed the A.S for the second skill I made because it was so time consuming and painful to watch, but I kept the first because it wasn't overly bad, if not a bit strange.

Crusade:
Scope: All Enemies (selected in the vanila gui not with Yanfly plugin)
Damage formula: a.atk * 7 - b.def * 2 (Damage type: HP damage, Element Light)
Can crit, 20% variance
Attack animation selected in GUI: Animation 7 Slash Effect
-----------Imagine this is the notebox I'm bad with asci art----------

<Learn Require Skill: 33>
------------------------------------------
<setup action>
add state 3: target
hide battle hud
opacity not focus: 0%, 40
wait for opacity
</setup action>

<target action>
motion walk: user
move user: target, front, 5
wait for movement
motion attack: user
animation 7: target
wait for animation
</target action>

<finish action>
remove state 3: target
action effect
move user: forward, -100
wait for movement
opacity not focus: 100%, 40
wait for opacity
death break
show battle hud
</finish action>

------------------------------notebox end------------------------------------

The function this skill provided was to be fairly straight forward, just a quick mass retaliation skill for the tank to use when her TP hits 95 or higher. Unfortunately, when this skill is used, the character steps forward a little, draws it's weapon and at the same time animation 7 plays on all targets and they take damage as per the skill, then the character charges at all targets and slashes them again. Any idea how to make this not as painful? I had the same problem with an AOE spell for my mage, who was going to use Water All 3 as the animation and just do tons of damage to all enemies on the screen like Crusade would, but the same problem arises, and there's a step forward, the animation and damage goes off, and then the animation goes on again and again as each target is hit by the effect one by one.

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Draconic_Story_Teller I had the same problem recently. It's because when you want to perform an area effect or a full foe attack, you should use <whole action></whole action> instead. The <target action> will play the sequence on any targets one by one, that's the second effect you have and don't want. Before the <target action>, the <whole action> is automaticlally played, and that's why you have an area effect before your battler move.
I still have a problem with <whole action> : when I use animation x: target, the animation play on every targets. To do exactly what I need, i just let the <whole action> empty and move my battler before.
<setup action>
add state 3: target
hide battle hud
opacity not focus: 0%, 40
wait for opacity
motion walk: user
move user: target, front, 5
wait for movement
motion attack: user
wait: 5
</setup action>

<finish action>
remove state 3: target
action effect
move user: forward, -100
wait for movement
opacity not focus: 100%, 40
wait for opacity
death break
show battle hud
</finish action>

If you let RMMV generate the action effects on the targets, it will work fine. Try this code and your action should work the way you intend it to.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My first game is gonna be a really ambitious one. But it's costing me a lot of money to make lol. it'll be worth it though
Ugh...Guests always put the Ketchup in the fridge....bloody savages the lot of them! :)
daysbetweendatescalculator.jpg
It may be useful for some weird purposes in the game and outside the game.:kaojoy:
I'm taking a break from Game Work to actually play a game (NEO: The World Ends With You) and I'm terrified that I'm gonna lose the drive for my project, since prior to picking up NEO, I'd been doing at least a little bit of work on the project each day ahhh. My brain is very much an "all or nothing" kind of brain, sigh.
bandicam 2021-08-05 15-10-37-143.png
Configuration menu and icons test

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salvar