Draconic_Story_Teller

Guardian of the Bookshelf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Anorgar I tried your provided script, but now my character charges just one target and hurts everyone at once. My intentions, to clarify, is to create a skill in which the character charges at each target and hits them once. I'm just not sure how to handle massive scopes with this plugin, because even in conjunction with the AoE plugin I had the same problem with a caster skill...

Is it possible to do a damage formula as part of the action sequence itself? I ended up with an error last time I tried it, but that might have been because of a goof in the code elsewhere.

Last edited:

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Draconic_Story_Teller I don't think you can do damage formula as part of the action sequence.

As for you action sequence, you need to use both <whole action> and <target action> headers to achieve your desired effect.

For instance, the following is my Quadra Cut action sequence. The user charges towards the enemy group, then proceeds to charge each individual target which plays the animation and then processes the damage before moving onto the next target.

<setup action>
display action
perform start
wait for movement
motion skill: user
animation 215: user
immortal: targets, true
wait for animation
wait: 20
</setup action>

<whole action>
move user: targets, front, 20
</whole action>

<target action>
action animation: target
move user: target, base, 10
motion attack: user
wait for movement
action effect
jump user: 100, 20
move user: target, front, 20
face user: forward
wait for movement
</target action>

<follow action>
jump user: 300%, 60
move user: return, 60
wait for movement
</follow action>

<finish action>
clear battle log
face user: home
perform finish
immortal: target, false
</finish action>

This could be easily modified to fit your sequence by simply changing out the animations for what you are looking for. If you need help with how to set it up exactly for your game, feel free to PM me and we can work it out there.

Mando Jetii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Anorgar
Thanks for the advice! The state method shown won't work because the item can only be used out of battle (& it is supposed to grow the EXP a number of points, not a percent). I'll play around with what you gave me and see if I can figure something out.

Mando Jetii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Anorgar
I tried a number of variations of the script you gave me but none of them worked.
Here is what I have in the note box:
Code:
<Whole Action>
Change Variable 3 = [script]
Change Variable 4 = 100
Perform Action
</Whole Action>
The "[script]" is replaced with a script that acquires the target's ID
"Variable 3" is a variable I've name "ID" that will be used exclusively for assigning ID numbers to a variable
"Variable 4" is a variable named "Number" that will be used for quantity equations, etc.
The action being performed is calling a common event called "Grow EXP"
"Grow EXP" contains a single event command "Change EXP : {ID}, + {Number}" which adds "004: Number" to the EXP of the actor with an ID matching "003: ID".

I've tried various methods from putting "target.actorId()" in place of "[script]" to putting "actorId() : use EVAL : var actorid = target.actorId()" in place of "[script]" to putting "actorId() : use EVAL : var ID = target.actorId()" in place of "Change Variable 3 = [script]", and a few other similar methods. Nothing works, the actor doesn't gain any experience; I'm not getting any error messages either.

Last edited:

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Draconic_Story_Teller sorry, I missunderstood your skill. If you want your battler to hit every foes one by one, you need to wright an empty <Whole Action></Whole Action>, then move and attack during the target action. This way, you can force RMMV to do nothing during the action who target everybody, and target every foes separatly.
<setup action>
add state 3: target
hide battle hud
opacity not focus: 0%, 40
wait for opacity
</setup action>

<Whole Action>

</Whole Action>

<target action>
motion walk: user
move user: target, front, 5
wait for movement
animation 7: target
wait for animation
action effect
</target action>

<finish action>
remove state 3: target
move user: forward, -100
wait for movement
opacity not focus: 100%, 40
wait for opacity
death break
show battle hud

</finish action>

If you want to modify damage during your action sequence, it's possible thanks to yanfly pugin Damage Core. You can use "damage rate: 200%" before an action effect, or use lunatic mode :
<Damage Formula>
// Default the chain multiplier to 1.
this._chainmultiplier = this._chainmultiplier || 1.0;
// Calculate the damage formula.
value = user.atk*2 + user.agi;
// Apply multiplier to damage formula.
value *= this._chainmultiplier;
// Reduce the multiplier by 0.15 per target.
this._chainmultiplier -= 0.15;
</Damage Formula>
The Damage Formula will trigger before every action effect, and this way you can increase or decrease damage the more you hit foes.

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for the double post
@Mando Jetii I had some hard time with your problem. To change a variable during the action sequence, you have to do :
EVAL: $gameVariables.setValue(3,target.actorId());
This way, your variable 3 is going to be the target id.
The problem is, you want to use your item outside battle, which complicate things. The action sequence <Whole Action> or <Target Action> can only be used during battle. So event if you have the code:
<Whole Action>
EVAL: $gameVariables.setValue(3,target.actorId());
Change Variable 4 = 100
Perform Action
</Whole Action>
Your item is going to work perfectly during a battle (I tested it), but if you use it outside battle, nothing happend.

I was able to workaround the problem by adding a temporary state, because states work outside battles. You will need the yanfly Buff and States core. Creat a temporary state and use the fallowing notes on your temporary state:
<Custom Apply Effect>
//The value of variable 3 will be target's ID
$gameVariables.setValue(3,target.actorId());
//The value of variable 4 will be 100
$gameVariables.setValue(4,100);
//Play the common event (my is number 6)
$gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(6);
//Remove the temporary state to leave your battler clean (my state's ID is 28)
target.removeState(28);
</Custom Apply Effect>
Then remove your notes on your item, because it can't work in your case, and just add this state as the effect. The state, while it apply on the battler, will change the variables, play the event and then auto-remove himself.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Draconic_Story_Teller

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Anorgar it works like a charm, I sometimes wish Yanfly put as much time into writing their plugins as managing detailed documentation themself, I would have taken days or even weeks to figure out that a blank whole action statement was the way to go, and since this worked out with the blank whole, I don't need any special damage calculations. I was thinking damages to only cause damage on each target as I hit them and deal 0 damage in the actual GUI damage line, but you had the cleaner cut way to deal with this.
<setup action>
add state 3: target
hide battle hud
wait for opacity
</setup action>

<Whole Action>
</Whole Action>

<target action>
wait for movement
face user: target
wait for animation
action effect
</target action>

<finish action>
move user: forward, -100
wait for movement
wait for opacity
death break
show battle hud
</finish action>

Above is the notebox script as it is, feel free to snag it since it works nicely now. Only thing I might change is make move user: home 20 instead of move user: forward, 100 in the finish section, but i'm too lazy and have never made the home command work well.

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Draconic_Story_Teller You should remove state 3 (which is immortal: targets, true/false if you want the yanfly command), opacity and death break during <follow action></follow action>
<follow action>
wait: 10
wait for opacity
death break
show battle hud
</follow action>

The <Finish Action> is pretty well done by RMMV so you shouldn't override it. RMMV will move back your battlers and foes alone, so you don't have do do it yourself.

<Follow Action> will be played after your attack is finished, but before the <Finish action> which containt an automatic home back command, so I think it will work like you want it to. Try this code :
<setup action>
hide battle hud
wait for opacity
</setup action>

<Whole Action>
</Whole Action>

<target action>
wait for movement
face user: target
wait for animation
action effect
</target action>

<follow action>
immortal: targets, false
wait for opacity
death break
show battle hud
</follow action>

You will have the finish you want, and won't have to wright it :)

By the way, I got a display bug when I use state 3 to have immortal ennemies : if all of them die, they are still displayed during the victory sequence. If I use immortal: targets, true/false, they disappear correctly.

Draconic_Story_Teller

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Anorgar Strange, I've tested on full combats with monsters that cannot survive the skill's impact whatsoever and still never had this visual glitch.
As for moving back, I have a very notable bug where if Character 1 uses this Crusade skill I was working on with help here, and after them Character 2 has their turn, C.1 is still out wherever they ended their skill, so I had to work out what ended up being
move user: home
move user: backward, 1, 1
This way It would send C1 back to their row, and then they'd unconditionally turn around, with minimal hangtime.

suni

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I seem to be misunderstanding how to control basic attacks. I have an action with

<Target Action>
motion ESCAPE: user
motion wait: user
perform action
action animation: target
wait for animation
action effect: target
death break
perform finish
</Target Action>

And the character does play the escape action, but then when i have perform action they do the generic opening hands animation. Is perform actin the wrong line for this or do I have another problem?

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@suni "Perform action" display the animation in your skill on the target, the motion defined on your battler and apply the damage/effect of your skill.

Can you be more specific on what your battler should do exactly, his movement, the animation to display, the effects... so that I can explain you how to proceed ?

Jeido_Uran

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello ! I'm looking to make a magical skill that would hit all enemies, but display the animation only once (it's a Meteor like animation so having the animation play for each enemy is weird), and the animation should display in the middle of all the enemies. I tried using <whole action> which I thought would work but it still plays the animation once per target. Also tried to use "animation 158: target center" but apparently it's not a valid command. Setting the animation position to Screen plays it once for all the target but in the center of the screen, which isn't what I want.

I tried playing around with it but I have no idea how I could achieve this effect, any help would be greatly appreciated !

suni

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Anorgar I'm at a really early step in learning, thanks for the help.

I'm just looking to use arbitrary animations for attacks, which I'm then going to follow by using a couple of different animations for one attack.

In specific I want to repeat the effect of the attack 3 times, once with an axe swing, once with a sword swing, once with a spear thrust animation.

So is there basically an alternative to perform action that does all the steps except the pre-set animation? Or perhaps an itemization of the steps... off to read the help I go ^_^

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@suni The different actions sequences are well documented in yanfly.moe. If you want to skip a sequence and for RMMV to do nothing during that sequence, override it and leave it blanc : <setup action></setup action>
If you don't write a step, RMMV will use the default action during that step, so you don't have to bother working on every steps.

If you want to switch weapon during the sequence use : EVAL: user.startWeaponAnimation(4); (4 is the id of the axe)

For the attack you asked for, here is an exemple :
setup action>
display action
camera focus: target
zoom: 150%, 20
camera offset: right, 50
</setup action>

<target action>
wait for movement

EVAL: user.startWeaponAnimation(4);
wait for animation
action effect
wait: 40

EVAL: user.startWeaponAnimation(2);
wait for animation
action effect
wait: 40

EVAL: user.startWeaponAnimation(12);
wait for animation
action effect

immortal: targets, false;
</target action>

Miseryfactory77

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Help trying to make a skill like the one in this video at the 2:15 mark I am using the same sprite but I dont get how to make the dash to the target and the move back to position that smoothly. I know they are two different plugins but there must be a way I can make the light beam with yanflys.

Taemien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Help trying to make a skill like the one in this video at the 2:15 mark

I am using the same sprite but I dont get how to make the dash to the target and the move back to position that smoothly. I know they are two different plugins but there must be a way I can make the light beam with yanflys.

Does
Code:
Move User: Target, Front Base, 20

When moving towards the target. And
Code:
Move User: Home, 20

when moving back, not work as it should? You'll need to add your own animations and such in between. Something like:

Code:
Move User: Target, Front Base, 20
Attack Animation: target
Wait for animation
Move User: Home, 20

That should work, minus the * and **.

* You can use a Move Target before the Wait for animation (I think) to achieve a knockback.
** Then you'll use a Move Target: Home x to move them back after the knockback.

DrDubz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys, I been wondering, has anyone got a way to use this engine to cause the battler's damage animations and damage numbers to activate part way through an animation? Say for instance I want to cause the damage to happen at the moment an explosion actually explodes.

Reason being is I'm using the effect animations to simulate the player's party, having them burst onto the screen and punch stuff like in Lisa, but it kind of loses something when the player runs away and then the damage is dealt with the battler's hit animation.

http://www103.zippyshare.com/v/20AaotWz/file.html

File above is an MP4 of my crappy build to show you what I mean. Any suggestions or directions you could point me in to make this happen? Or will it require hella Javascript coding?

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DrDubz You can separate the action animation and actions effects. To do so, when you creat your skills, let the skill animation to "none".
You can play animations during the action sequence with : "animation x: target". Then you juste have to time your "action effect" :
animation 45: target
wait: 30
action effect
action effect
wait: 25
action effect
wait for animation

Unless you want to change damages between the actions effects, you won't need any Javascript.

Here is a full exemple of a timed attack, you can take it as model for your attacks, or use it directly.

<setup action>
display action
hide battle hud
opacity not focus: 0, 20
wait for opacity
camera focus: user, center, 5
wait for camera
zoom: 250%, 40
animation 52: user
wait for animation
camera focus: target
zoom: 150%, 20
camera offset: right, 50
</setup action>

<target action>
wait for movement
move user: targets, front center, 20
wait: 3

animation 23: target
move user: target, back base, 12
wait for movement
action effect

move user: target, back center, 1
wait: 1
move user: target, front head, 12
wait for movement
action effect

move user: target, back head, 1
move user: target, front base, 12
wait for movement
action effect

move user: target, back center, 12
wait for movement
action effect

move user: target, front center, 1
move user: target, back center, 15
wait for movement
action effect

wait: 15
</target action>

<follow action>
immortal: targets, false
opacity not focus: 100%, 20
wait for opacity
show battle hud
</follow action>

Jeido_Uran

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello ! I'm looking to make a magical skill that would hit all enemies, but display the animation only once (it's a Meteor like animation so having the animation play for each enemy is weird), and the animation should display in the middle of all the enemies. I tried using <whole action> which I thought would work but it still plays the animation once per target. Also tried to use "animation 158: target center" but apparently it's not a valid command. Setting the animation position to Screen plays it once for all the target but in the center of the screen, which isn't what I want.

I tried playing around with it but I have no idea how I could achieve this effect, any help would be greatly appreciated !

Bump

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes you Just need to realise someone is beyond help... Still hard to walk away tho :(
100 Horror/Tragedy Sample Maps, Penguin Mech Sprite, & TileD Templates | RPG Maker News #70

Continuing working on abs. So far I have done the workout twice. I am excited to see the results after a couple of weeks. How is everyone doing? :)
MZ: oh boy imma work today
Me, excited: Really?
MZ, doesn't do what I tell It too
Me: I Thought-
MZ: I am Working!
Oof, this "side project" of mine is starting to get as complex as a VS plugin, at least as far as plugin parameters are concerned. I think I now understand why a plugin like this doesn't already exist(that I know of). Learning a lot while trying to make it work though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adra