Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jeido_Uran you can do it with yanfly plugin area of effect. You have access to a new way to target foes : "first". This refere to the enemie you target with your AOE spell.
I suggest you to do an AOE spell with a large scall : large enough to always target every enemies. You can find how to do so in the pugin description.
Then during your action sequence, you can use : move user: first, front, 20 for exemple to move your battler in front of the target selected by your spell.
You can also do :
<wole action>
animation x: first //Play the animation on the target selected by your spell
wait for animation
action effect //Apply the effect on every targets
</whole action>

With this trick, it may not be always center, but your animation will always be center compare to an enemie.

DrDubz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Anorgar Yo, didn't quite work for what I intended, and apologies for not making it clear. While it will work for later skills and all that, I found that you cannot really change the normal attack animation. All that really did was every character, enemies included, all ended up having this one animation where the main character runs on screen and punches.

however, you think there's a way to specify the attacker in the sequence? I'd assume you'd then put multiple of similar action sequences in the normal attack skill. I may just have to accept the normal attack will forever have delayed damage pop-ups, which really isn't that bad. Regardless, thanks for the input!

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DrDubz I'm sorry, I really don't understant what you want your battler do. Can you descibe the sequence ? For exemple : the battle move in front of the target, attack, the damage are dealt... If you do, I might be able to creat the sequence you would like to have.

If you want to change the attack animation, you can :
MOTION WALK: target
MOTION STANDBY: target
MOTION CHANT: target
MOTION GUARD: target
MOTION DAMAGE: target
MOTION EVADE: target
MOTION ATTACK: target
MOTION THRUST: target
MOTION SWING: target
MOTION MISSILE: target
MOTION SKILL: target
MOTION SPELL: target
MOTION ITEM: target
MOTION ESCAPE: target
MOTION VICTORY: target
MOTION DYING: target
MOTION ABNORMAL: target
MOTION SLEEP: target
MOTION DEAD: target
I think you know how this work, because you came up with your own animations. So change for exemple the attack motion, or thrust motion, by the motion you want. In battle, beffore action effect, you can use "motion swing: user" to have your battler perform a swing animation (or the animation you drawn).

I don't know what you mean by "specifythe attacker in the sequence". If you want to refere to your attacker during a sequence, he will be the "user" so "move user: target, front, 20" will move the attacker, same for "animation 125: user".

If you don't want delay during the normal attack : try something like this:
<target action>
move user: targets, front, 30
wait for movement
wait: 20
motion attack: user
wait: 5
animation 6: target
action effect
wait for animation
wait for movement
</target action>

DrDubz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Anorgar I did provide a video with a mockup of what I'm doing in my first post. Essentially I'm not using the SV battle scene, rather the original front view. I kind of want to make the normal attack animation deal the damage halfway through it. However, the normal attack animation is a universal animation used as the default attack animation, so if you select the 'attack' command, everyone will use the animation I made for the normal attack, which is silly when the animation is a character running from off screen to punch and then running away.

Have you ever seen the indy game Lisa? It's essentially what the creator did there, but I'm hoping to polish it up a bit. Does that help? Of course if there's a way to override the normal attack for each actor, I'll be able to make actor specific default attacks which can use the formula you provided me with.

I'm gonna have a look into the second option, but thanks again, hopefully it's less confusing now.

-EDIT- Yup, totally fixed with the addition of the Weapon Release Plugin! Thanks again for the general help man!

Last edited:

Coopziana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere. But I'd like for some of most of my enemy skills to have a min/max damage multiplier to keep things varied.

As such I'm thinking of using a similar formula to this:
v[36] *((a.level+a.atk)*(a.level*a.atk)/1024) - (((b.level+b.def)*(b.level*b.def)/1024)+b.def) *Where Variable 36 is a random number between 16-40.

I've tried using Math.:
(Math.floor(Math.random(16)*40)+1) *((a.level+a.atk)*(a.level*a.atk)/1024) - (((b.level+b.def)*(b.level*b.def)/1024)+b.def)

But i'm not sure that is actually working or not.

So I was wondering if there was a way in Action Sequence where i could just use
<Setup action>
Change Variable 36 = rand.16..40
</Setup Action>

I'm aware that the snippet code I have put in there looks like it was just plucked from the air... worse I pulled it from my A**Hole. lol

But is there any way to do this as I've only seen that you can set to definitive integers with +/- = % and all that!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Coopziana You have at least 2 ways to use random number in the damage formula.

The first way is during your action sequence, with your damage formula "v[36] *((a.level+a.atk)*(a.level*a.atk)/1024) - (((b.level+b.def)*(b.level*b.def)/1024)+b.def)":
<Setup action>
EVAL: $gameVariables.setValue(36, Math.floor(Math.random(16)*40)+1);
</Setup Action>
EVAL is a yanfly command used to execute javascript code during an action sequence, use this eval before the damage execution to refresh the variable.
$gameVariables.setValue(variableId, value) is the RMMV function used to change the value of a variable.
With this first method, if the enemy attack multiple times, damages will always be the same during the action, because the random value is calculated only once. To compensate that, you can put this eval before every "action effect".

The second method is with Yanfly damage core :
<damage formula>
value = (Math.floor(Math.random(16)*40)+1) *((user.level+user.atk)*(user.level*user.atk)/1024) - (((target.level+target.def)*(target.level*target.def)/1024)+target.def);
</damage formula>
With this second method, you don't need a temporary variable, and the damage formula is calculated before every damage resolution. This mean that damage will change during a multiple hit sequence.

Last edited:

Miseryfactory77

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone I have been working on my skills some more and following vibratos tutorials on youtube. So I was following this one I downloaded the ibs battle motion plugin as well assample.png
Yet in battle when I set this as the sv actor using the plugin the green and red blocks show. Does anybody know why in the tutorial vibrato does not have the problem and I do? I sent him a message but dont know when he will respond so was wondering if anybody else following his tutorials knew why this was.

Miseryfactory77

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Does
Code:
Move User: Target, Front Base, 20
When moving towards the target. And
Code:
Move User: Home, 20
when moving back, not work as it should? You'll need to add your own animations and such in between. Something like:

Code:
Move User: Target, Front Base, 20
Attack Animation: target
Wait for animation
Move User: Home, 20
That should work, minus the * and **.

* You can use a Move Target before the Wait for animation (I think) to achieve a knockback.
** Then you'll use a Move Target: Home x to move them back after the knockback.

Thank you I am trying it now how do i get it to hit 3 seperate time though do i put ani wait? or something sorry its been a while since I used this I use to remember how to get multiple hits in an animation but forgot the proper way to notetag it.

Antera

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
EN & FR
Primarily Uses
Yet in battle when I set this as the sv actor using the plugin the green and red blocks show
Had the same problems, closed the game, reopened it, resaved plugins, and miracle, green and red didnt show anymore and I was able to use motionSP0 shortcodes

Miseryfactory77

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Had the same problems, closed the game, reopened it, resaved plugins, and miracle, green and red didnt show anymore and I was able to use motionSP0 shortcodes
So when you open the game and have the sv actors are you using libs sideview actors as the ones you set in the actors where you do face sprite and sv battler? I am still getting the green box and dont know why. I mean I could just use gimp to edit out those color blocks but I believe those color blocks effect the frame speed etc of some of the attacks I wish I knew what I was doing wrong.

Last edited:

batmanda0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just tried Echo607's simple attack code with this plugin pack. It's impressive and all, but can I make the windows on the bottom fade or disappear when the action sequence starts? I've been looking everywhere and can't find a clue.

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@batmanda0 Yup, you can hide the battle window with this command : hide battle hud (but don't forget to display it again with show battle hud).
I usually hide the battle window in the beginning of my <setup action> and display it during the <follow action>.

You can find this command in Action Sequence Pack 2.

I agree with you, this tutorial is really helpful to start with these plugins.

Taemien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you I am trying it now how do i get it to hit 3 seperate time though do i put ani wait? or something sorry its been a while since I used this I use to remember how to get multiple hits in an animation but forgot the proper way to notetag it.
If you want the animation selected for the skill to play 3 times, you can use:

Code:
Action Animation
Wait for Animation
Action Effect

Action Animation
Wait for Animation
Action Effect

Action Animation
Wait for Animation
Action Effect
If you have an animation with 3 attacks, you'll have to use wait commands between action effect with only the one Action Animation or Animation X, depending on how you go about it.

I need to play around with these a bit, as I'm a bit out of practice myself. I'm just really good at looking up the commands at the moment. :smile:

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Have you guys been able to make the whole action work?

Right now I have a sequence like this;

<setup action>
clear battle log
display action
immortal: targets, true
motion chant: user
motion wait: user
wait: 25
animation 128: user
wait for animation
</setup action>

<whole Action>
jump user: 55%, 30
MOVE user: forward, 200, 30
wait for movement
motion spell: user
wait: 30
animation 62: targets
wait for animation
action effect: targets
wait for effect
clear battle log
jump user: 60%, 30
MOVE user: home, 30
face user: forward
wait for movement
</whole Action>

<finish action>
perform finish
clear battle log
immortal: targets, false
</finish action>

It` s a simple cast spell on all targets (3 in this case) playing the animation once on all of them at the same time.
Everything works fine but after the sequence is over the character casts the animation 3 times again, causing the effect 3x.

Repeat is set to 1.
Only Yanfly`s plugins ON.
Scope set to 3 Random Targets.

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Farr I think your problem come from the fact that random 3 target is not a full scale attack, so by default, your skill will use a <target action> for all your targets. To avoid that, try to leave an empty <target action></target action>

<setup action>
clear battle log
display action
motion chant: user
wait: 25
animation 128: user
wait for animation
</setup action>

<whole Action>
jump user: 55%, 30
MOVE user: forward, 200, 30
wait for movement
motion spell: user
wait: 30
animation 62: targets
wait for animation
action effect: targets
wait for effect
clear battle log
jump user: 60%, 30
MOVE user: home, 30
wait for movement
</whole Action>

<target action>
</target action>

<finish action>
perform finish
clear battle log
immortal: targets, false
</finish action>

This way, you can force RMMV to do nothing during the target action, which should be the one to diplay the animation again.

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
@Anorgar

Flawless.
I had no idea about the <action setup> thing.
Thanks a lot dude.

Miseryfactory77

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Help with a skill I am making the spritesheet I am using is as follows and I am using the battle motion plugin and yanflys action sequence.Vance.png
The goal was to get the battler to use his glide or front step motion to quickly run to the selected target and perform 3 slashes. As you can see from my battle notetag field listed below I tried to have him do that however there are a few problems.

The first is the skill in unable to kill an enemy so there something I need to do with the immortal targets etc but that has always confused me. Whenever I make a multiple hit skill I have problems with enemies dying more than once or dissapearing before its over so help with that I would really appreciate. Secondly His swings are animating but they are going to slow can I put something in to speed up how fast the frames for his blade swings animates somewhere in the note tag? I also wanted the enemy to be pushed back a bit on each hit and for the final hit to be a jump forward a tiny bit and a swing.

Knowing how to make these skills is a learning process I usually read what I see on here and use it as a reference point and make adjustments and changes and have learned some things but having trouble with this. Bright Side is I got the green and red boxes to stop showing haha I was able to use gimp to make a summon for one of the characters and other stuff but If I could get this down it would be great. Thank you to those who have been helping with my questions though I really appreciate it.

Oh almost forgot when he moves backwards to return to his home position I wanted his sprite to use his backdash animation this is harder than I thought lol. Eventing is cake learning parallax mapping has been fun but making these battle moves for the characters and enemies is the hard part so I wanted to make all attacks and battle animations for my game first before doing the other things that are easier for me to do.

<setup action>

hide battle hud

animation 52: user

wait for animation

camera focus: user

zoom: 150%, 30

</setup action>

<target action>

move user: targets, front, 30

wait for movement

motion thrust: user

action effect

wait for animation

wait for movement

motion swing: user

action effect

wait for animation

wait for movement

motion thrust: user

action effect

wait for animation

wait for movement

</target action>

<finish action>

move user: home, 15

move target: home, 15

wait for movement

show battle hud

reset zoom: 30

death break

</finish action>

Miseryfactory77

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Becuase I learn how certain things are done from reference points I use this video as an example
the skill he uses 10 seconds into the video with the blue wolf dog the dash forward fade away and drop down slice looks so seemless like how what is he doing to make that happen? The skill at the 1.09 mark and finally the lightning back and forth slash around 1:47 if I could figure out those 3 then I think I would know or understand this a bit more.

I get how animations work but how is he moving and transporting the battlers the way he does when they attack? thats the intersting part I want to know how to do that.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

being able to transition music seamlessly is amazing. my main character's theme has lyrics and it goes from vocal version to istrumental when he leaves his room. and vice versa. and thanks to a plugin, the transition is seamless. I love it.
All of the auditions for our game are so good, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of choosing completely. lol I just can't with some of them. I listen to them on repeat. XD
Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!
Been pretty busy... but I got a better headset for recording and listening today. Dad says that he'll consider taking me to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time once I finish summer classes (my final semester!) I'll be taking my plushie friends with me: Bendy, Lolbit, and Helen Henny. (I WUV PLUSHIES!)
SF_Monster3,4 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mezzy