Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Blue001, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Miseryfactory77

Miseryfactory77 Veteran Veteran

I get syntax error unexpected token?

2. Anorgar

Anorgar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Miseryfactory77 I forgot a parentesis :
    Code:
    <damage formula>
    if (user.isStateAffected(21)){
    value = user.atk + user.agi*3.5-target.def;
    } else {
    value = user.atk + user.agi*2-target.def;
    }
    </damage formula>

3. Miseryfactory77

Yes this is to cool I just finished gimping his afterimage as well and it looks amazing haha so this is my last question for the entire day lol.

So I am using galvs magic shards plugin and I know you may not be familar with it but essentially it lets you equip shards that can bestow a myriad of effects on your actir via the defualt add skill feature you can use on your armours in the system.

So you know how you can set a piece of armor to add a certain skill to an actor right? My question is this in my game there is magic tech and skills now because those are 3 generic names and all actors and characters have access to all of those skill types I have a piece of armour lets call it a fire shard.

Now that fire shard gives anybody who has it access to a fire based magic move now here is the part I need your help for it also adds a skill while equipped that falls under the category of skill. Because of this ALL actors wearing this equipment would learn the skill when what I need to happen is for the armor to check what actor is wearing this piece of equipment to see if they will be given skill x while it is equipped.

So lets take 2 of my actors for example actor a and actor b they can both equip the water shard it gives them both the magic ability lets call it water for simplicity sake anybody who wears it can use water.

Now for the "SKILL" it gives that needs to be dependat upon the actor if actir a is using the water shard they can no special skill now if actor b on the other hand has the water shard they get a special water healing skill.

Do you know how I would accomplish this my last question for the day I swear lol I wish I knew how to upload videos to show you the skills I made with all of your help.

4. Anorgar

Anorgar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Miseryfactory77 I have a question : to continue with your exemple : is Water a skill type, like magic, special, maltial art ?

If that's the case, you should just equipe your battlers with the right Water type skill, like the heal for exemple. If your battler can't use Water, the water magic type skill won't be visible by the player. When the water shard is equiped, the Water magic is unable, then the water skill will be visible.

Else if you want code to check who's the user, you can do it either by ID or by name : user.name=="x" or user.id==x

If you want to show me your work, PM me when your game will be in appstore :)

5. Miseryfactory77

Yes I want it to check who the user is for adding a specific skill here is the break down
    Equip type Armour: water shard
    equipping the water shard ads the skill aquablast aquablast skill type falls under the category magic
    when actor a has watershard equipped he can use the skill rebirth bubble the category for that goes under skill
    when actor b has watershard equipped she can use the skill aquaguard skill category is skill

So they all get the magic ability aquablast when it is equipped but the skill given while equiped depends entirely on the actor so where would i note something like if.userid(x) add skill x?
    Also the skill should only be added while they are equipped with that. Thats the last thing I am trying to figure out for today.

6. Anorgar

Anorgar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Miseryfactory77 I don't really know the others plugins your are using, so I may not be able to give you the best answer. But I've came up with a trick. You can use a passive state on all your battler. You'll need one passive state by shards who give skills. (You will need yanfly auto passive state).

The condition of the passive state will be : battler have the water shard for exemple :
    Code:
    <Custom Passive Condition>
    if (user.isEquipped($dataArmors[waterShardId])) {
    condition = true;
    } else {
    condition = false;
    }
    </Custom Passive Condition>

This passive state will be active only if your battler equipe the water shard. I think your shard is a piece of armor. If not, it won't work and i'll need to know exactly what it is.

Then with this passive state, you have to add a <custom apply effect> and a <custom remove effect>. This is where you can use the :
    Code:
    if (user.id==x){
    user.learnSkill(x)
    }
    Now you have to code it for every battler, and create one passive state by shard.

7. Miseryfactory77

I am a little bit confused though are these going into the actors notes the armours notes or the states notes? and do I have to create a state for the passive state to reference? just putting
    if (user.id==x){
    user.learnSkill(x)
    }
    Into the note field of the armour would not work I take it huh?

8. Anorgar

Anorgar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Miseryfactory77 all the code go into the passive state. The <custom passive condition> will be the trigger to the passive state : if false, the state isn't apply to your battler, and if true, then it apply.
    Then next part of the code is a <custom apply effect> of the state : when the state apply, you check who's the battler who have the state, and in function he will learn the right skill.
    When the shard is unequiped, the condition become false, and the <custom remove effect> will remove the skill the battler have learned.
    I hope it's not confusiong. Here, the state is what check if equipe, give the skill and remove the skill.

Code:
    <custom apply effect>
    if (user.id==x){
    user.learnSkill(x);
    } else  if (user.id==y){
    user.learnSkill(y);
    }
    </custom apply effect>
    The state is the same for every battler : one state per shards. That's also why your state have to check who's the user, and give the proper skill.

9. Miseryfactory77

Ill let you know if I have any problems thanks again im a bit sleepy though gonna take a quick nap lol.

10. MacheteLove

MacheteLove Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    So, I have a sequence for a healing spell. The first time I try to use it in battle it's really laggy, and then every time after that it's runs smoothly. You guys have any idea why that would be happening? Thanks in advance.

11. Benji01

Benji01 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Hi, can anybody help me maybe.
    I am trying to figure out how to do a good action sequence for a transformation spell.
    Because i couldn't get yanflys actor transform thingy to work, I am changing the graphic with a common event.
    everything I have tried yet, results in a very derpy look.
    First the casting frames of the SV battler gets played, then the skill animation, then my actor goes back
    in place and just then the graphic changes :<
    Is there some way to better arrange this with action sequences?

12. bis1994

bis1994 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, please I need some help. Is there any way to make actors show the proper "dodge" motion while using the STB battle plugin?? Because every time they dodge, they simply move some pixels back (using the stance motion), instead of using the dodge...

13. bis1994

bis1994 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Maybe its because the game is loading/caching (I dont know the right therm) the animation file, after its already loaded, it runs faster. You could also try to remove/disable some plugins, and make sure that you are not using neither CTB or ATB, because these two plugins are very laggy, and since yanfly is not supporting them anymore (If Im not wrong)... there is no fix for this

14. Miseryfactory77

Yaya finally a question i know the answer to the thing is sometimes battles are laggy because the game loads the resource for the very first time when the animation is called upon. Afterwards since its already been loaded calling the same animation again does not produce lag because its fresh in the games memory or whatever. Not sure of the correct computerology to describe what I just tried to explain.

I am also looking for a plugin that loads all the games resources upon loading or starting so that this problem does not occur I know there has got to be one out there.

Well now that I have answered that question now I have one lol So I made this drain beam type skill for my battler so she runs up to the enemy and uses it and what I wanted to happen was for the enemy to take damage and be pushed back on each hit aka action effect. However it does damage and everything fine but the battler is not showing that they afre being pushed back when they get hit by one of the attacks.

The motion or notes are as follows

<Target Action>
    motion item: user
    move user: target, front base, 10
    wait for movement
    motion spell: user
    animation 141: target
    wait: 9
    action effect: target
    motion damage: target
    Wait 9
    wait for animation
    motion walk: user
    end
    </Target Action>

The move type is set to absorb not sure if thats the issue or whatever but what cna I do to correct this.

15. Anorgar

Anorgar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Miseryfactory77 the enemy isn't pushed back because you don't order him to :)
    try to add something like that : MOVE target1: backward, (distance), (frames)

You should push your enemy back only once and during the whole animation. I don't have the animation length so I won't be able to do something perfect but try this :

Code:
    <Target Action>
    motion item: user
    move user: target, front base, 10
    wait for movement
    motion spell: user
    animation 141: target
    move target: backward, 100, 30
    Wait 9
    wait for animation
    motion walk: user
    end
    </Target Action>

@Benji01 I think you should just tranform your battler during the animation. For that, you can use :
    Code:
    EVAL: $gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(x)
    Put this code line after your animation, to play your event during the animation. Play with wait: x to put it in the right place.

Benji01 likes this.
  16. Miseryfactory77

yay

Your back lol well I was now working on making animations and was going to import the sv actor sprite into the animations but was wondering what dimension I have to scale the image to for it to fit properly.

And does this look notated properly would I be able to do this?

<target action>
    move user: targets, front base, 12
    wait for movement
    motion swing: user
    if (user.isStateAffected(21))
    animation 128: user, mirror
    face user: forward
    action animation: target
    wait for animation
    action effect
    action effect
    wait for movement
    wait: 5
    end

else
    animation 128: user, mirror
    face user: forward
    action animation: target
    wait for animation
    action effect
    wait for movement
    wait: 5
    </target action>

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  17. Anorgar

Anorgar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Miseryfactory77 I'm sorry, the graphic part is not for me ^^ I have no idea of what you can do, and can't. I have the feeling that the size doesn't matter, I've seen all kind of battler's size, but you should ask in an other topic.

For your action sequence, I don't know the action your battler have to perform. If you want him to perform an attack, and if he have a state, perform an other one, you, you might just have too much action effect in the first part.

18. worshipme

worshipme Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, I'm trying to understand how yanfly's action sequences work and I can't seem to find a way how to tell the sequence that bows differ from swords?

My action sequence is a simple "battler will buff his self up then vanish for a while then appears in front of the enemy". If the battler is using swords that's okay but what if he's using a bow? I want it that if he's using a bow, all he will do is attack from afar or another sequence will activate.

<Target Action>
    animation 122: user
    animation wait: 20
    add agi buff: user, 4, show
    wait: 60
    move user: forward, 60
    opacity user: 0%
    wait: 90
    move user: target, base, 30
    wait: 50
    opacity user: 100%
    motion attack: user
    action animation
    action effect
    </Target Action>

<Follow Action>
    jump user: 200%, 60
    move user: return, 60
    </Follow Action>

thanks in advance.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  19. Anorgar

Anorgar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @worshipme You can use a "if" statement to check if your user is using a bow, a gun or is using a sword. Try if user.attackMotion()!=='missile'

This statement will check the motion of your weapon. Missile is the default motion to ranged weapons. Make sure your bows are set to motion, but normaly that should be the case.

Code:
    <target action>
    if user.attackMotion()!=='missile'
    animation 122: user
    animation wait: 20
    add agi buff: user, 4, show
    move user: forward, 60
    opacity user: 0%
    wait: 90
    move user: target, base, 30
    wait: 50
    opacity user: 100%
    motion attack: user
    action animation
    action effect

else

//the sequence for a range battler

end
    </target action>

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  20. The Working Man

The Working Man Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Amazing thread, figured out so much tonight.

Is there a way to do a sort of ff7 Vincent limit break where he changes character and goes into a sort of rage mode?
    I'm probably asking too much but yeah!
    Cheers anyway for all the great work!