Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

HasdrubalBarca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Eh, this might be a little dumb but how do I make it so that a skill doesn't display the physical skill motion.
I have an actor being able to do slash, chop and thrusting attacks with their corresponding motions.
I did it by adding this to the notetag
<Target Action>

motion missile: user //This is the chop motion for the character

action animation: target

wait for animation

action effect: target

</Target Action>

However what ends up happening is that the actor does the skill motion and plays the attack's animation and after that the actor plays the chop motion and attack's animation.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yoshifull

I like your FF steal animation. I noticed that if you have a common event playing in your steal skill, it won't play the way things are set up here, I tweaked it a bit so any common events in your steal skill will play with this animation. Here you go. : )

<setup action>

DISPLAY ACTION

WAIT: 30

</setup action>

<target action>

JUMP user: 200%, 20

MOVE user: target, BASE, 20

WAIT FOR MOVEMENT

SE: PLAY MISS

ACTION EFFECT

JUMP user: 200%, 20

MOVE user: HOME, 20

WAIT FOR MOVEMENT

perform finish

WAIT: 90

CLEAR BATTLE LOG

</target action>

@Anorgar I'm asking you because after perusing this thread, you seem to be very knowledgeable and helpful.

Is there anyway to use this to make it so my characters won't wait for one another before they start attacking? (meaning, I want them to all perform their actions at the same time)

Last edited:

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cekobico You can use indeed eval to generate a random value, put it in a variable, then do a if/else condition on this variable.

Code:
//put a random value between 0 and 1 in the variable number x
EVAL: $gameVariables.setValue(x, Math.random());
IF $gameVariables.value(x)< 0.5
//your code here
ELSE
//your code here
END
@just1witness I'm not sure to understand what you are trying to achieve. Do you want your battler to always attack together, or just for a special attack you want then to group for attack ?
If you want to choose your battlers attack, then unleash them all in the same time, it will be complicated. I think it will require a plugin.
If under certain circumstance you want them to attack together, it's possible with yanfly plugin.

Anyway, i'll need more detail to come up with a complet answer.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your first guess is correct. I hope someone makes a plugin for this soon! : D

Thank you for your reply! : )

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@just1witness I'm curious. How to you want this plugin to work?

You want your battler to attack, then the foes ? or everybody in the same time?

It might be kind of chaos :)

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I envision it being staggered based on agility/dexterity stats, and whether or not the player/enemy is in home position or not. (suikoden II does it, I imagine this is how)

But yeah, all at once with a conditional stagger in timing and allowing for more elaborate animations to play out before the next one plays(if there is another one)

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@just1witness you got me interested. Try to give me as much detail as possible, i'll try to make a plugin for that.

I've never try it before, so it will be my first. I d'ont know if i'll succeed and how long it will take to make it, but it seems fun :)

Rink27

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to change targets during an action sequence? As in... Attack your selected target then attack another target who is one index higher than the original target. Or switch between attacking the target alone and the target's row.

Rink27

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Anorgar really? How? (I'm familiar with target core. I don't know of any command that can be input during an action sequence to change targets)

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rink27 Someone asked me a very similar question some time before, so I checked out to remember what I answered,and it was you who asked :)

So my answer will stay the same : you have know how to check who's next, then it's just an eval in action sequence.
If you want to change the target before the selected target is hit, put the code below before target action.
Code:
EVAL: targets[0] = yourNewTarget; // the target is goint to be an other one
Else if you want to add an other target you can either do it before the <target action> or during it. Be carefull if you try during target action, you can do an infinit loop.
To add a target the code is :
Code:
EVAL: targets.push(yourNewTarget);
Now if you need help for a specific case, or to select the next target, I'll need more informations about how your skill is going to work.

Miseo3

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi I was wondering if someone could help me recreate the fade effect in this video. the one that makes character look like it splits in 3.

I dont want the full action sequence only the fade effect. Ive been playing around with the commands move forward, backward, forward and the

command for the opacity but it looks very bad.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Rink27

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Anorgar yea, lol. I was using that same targets[0] methodology when I asked (and before I realised I got it from you in the past).
I remember it worked the first time, but when I incorporated it into a new action sequence it was behaving weirdly. I'd have to test out the push method and get back to you, but what I'm trying to do is to dynamically change the targeting during one <whole action> segment. For example, I'd like to be able to attack the selected target, then that target's row, then the selected target again - using force action is not an option btw.

I came up with another method to do what I want, but it's inefficient and cumbersome.

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To. @leenat40 , Snake Attack

Code:
<Target Action>
move user: BACKWARD, 100, 30
face user: target
motion escape: user
move user: BACKWARD, 100, 20
wait: 30
move user: forward, 1200, 1
move user: target, back base, 30
wait for movement
motion swing: user
wait: 10
action animation
wait for animation
action effect
wait: 20
move user: forward, 300, 30
wait: 40
move user: backward, 1500, 1
wait for movement
move user: home, 40
perform finish
</Target Action>

leenat40

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
N/A
To. @leenat40 , Snake Attack

Code:
<Target Action>
motion escape: user
move user: BACKWARD, 100, 20
wait: 30
move user: forward, 1200, 1
move user: target, back base, 30
wait for movement
motion swing: user
wait: 10
action animation
wait for animation
action effect
move user: forward, 300, 30
wait: 40
move user: backward, 1500, 1
wait for movement
move user: home, 40
perform finish
</Target Action>
Thanks, bruh! :)

Anorgar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rink27 I tried the "push" version for the targets[], and it work perfectly fine. I was able to attack one foe, then the full row, and only one foe again during a single <whole action>

Here the code to do so :

Code:
<whole action>
move user: target, front, 20
wait for movement
action effect //hit only the selected foe
wait: 50

EVAL: var indexBattler = target.rowIndex(); var battler = []; battler = $gameParty.rowMembers(1); var size = $gameParty.rowSize(1); for (var i=0; i<size; i++) { if (i!==indexBattler) targets.push(battler[i]);}

action effect //hit the target full row (you need yanfly row formation to use that btw)
wait: 50

EVAL: targets.splice(1, targets.length()-1);
action effect //attack again only the selected target
</whole action>

//You need this to force RMMV to do nothing during target action (cause your skill might be a single target skill
<target action>
</target action>
You can play a bit with this code to complet your skill, if you don't understant a part of this code, or why you targets[] behaviour is wierd, you can always ask :)

Affle

The Floofiest Woof
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It looks like a lot of links and quotes with setups in them from earlier on got removed or edited out on this thread, its a shame.

MushReen

Gacha Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ID, US
Primarily Uses
RMMV
guys, i need help.

so i tried to animate skill effect such as Slash Effect or something like that.
when i got into Slash Special 1, i got stuck. Maybe i just don't understand how those actions work. I want the skill animation is sync with the action animation, so this code got into my mind:

Code:
<Target Action>
camera focus: user
zoom: 130%
wait for camera
move user: target, front base
motion wait: user
motion attack: user
motion wait: user
flash screen: white, 3
action animation
move user: target, front head
move user: target, back base
move user: target, front head
move user: trget, back head
move user: target, front base
move user: target, back head
move user: target, front center
move user: target, back center
action effect
wait for animation
death break
</Target Action>
any help on this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ESAMarathon on Twitch, now streaming "Eat Girl". Yep, that's the title of a game... Apparently it's a Pacman knockoff.... Which is of course the only logical conclusion one would get from a name like "Eat Girl". :kaopride: I can't believe anybody would think anything else! :kaoback:
Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightnvs