Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

Sindaine

Tired Gamerz Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make a skill where the user runs down to the next party member, and throws them at the enemy. The only part that doesn't seem to work is the 2nd party member actually moving to the target. I'm sure it's something easy I'm missing. I have tried with "actor" "Friend" and "Character" to no avail. Here's the setup so far:

display action
perform start
wait for movement

motion guard: user
face user: backward
move user: friend 2, front center, 20
wait for movement
wait: 20
face user: forward
move friend 2: target, front center, 10
action animation: target
wait for animation
HP -10%: target, show
death break

perform finish
clear battle log
The enemy takes the damage, and the first actor starts to go out but does not move towards the "ally". I'm pretty sure I'm simply using the "targets" wrong but the help file says "friend x: This will select the battler's ally in slot x."

Thanks in advance,

Sindaine

Last edited by a moderator:

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Sindaine: Hey there. Can you put your sequence in spoilers so it doesn't take up too much of the space? :p Thanks you!

And as for your question, I'm fairly certain what you're trying to do is doable, I did come across a guide Yanfly posted up, perhaps you could find your answer there?

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid=5b384122eea0ef60&page=view&resid=5B384122EEA0EF60!1566&parId=5B384122EEA0EF60!131&authkey=!ADifjezQXuL8DSg&app=Word

I'm assuming it's one of the target actions, such as "move user: actor x" or something like that from within the guide. Good luck!

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
I get an error when using the "collapse: targets" action from the first action sequence pack. This error seems to occur due to the plugin treating the arguments as an array, which it isn't, in this case.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'toUpperCase' of undefined at Function.BattleManager.actionCollapse (YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js:1026) at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js:771) at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js:530) at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (YEP_X_ActSeqPack3.js:382) at Function.BattleManager.processActionSequence (YEP_X_SkillCooldowns.js:585) at Function.BattleManager.updateActionList (YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1369) at Function.BattleManager.update (YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:1213) at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (rpg_scenes.js:2050) at Scene_Battle.update (rpg_scenes.js:2042) at Scene_Battle.update (YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:3056)
The action sequence I'm using is as follows:
Code:
<setup action>display actionimmortal: targets, truecamera focus: user, center, 20zoom: 150%, 20wait for camerawait for zoomif user.isActor() === true && user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'   motion walk: user   move user: targets, front, 20   wait for movementendif user.isActor() === true && user.attackMotion() === 'missile'   perform start   wait for movementendif user.isActor() !== true   enemy effect: user, whitenend</setup action><whole action></whole action><target action>if user.isActor() === true   motion attack: userendcamera focus: target, center, 10wait for cameraattack animation: targetwait for animationaction effect: targetif target.isActor() !== true   enemy effect: target, blinkend</target action><follow action></follow action><finish action>clear battle logimmortal: targets, falsecollapse: targetswait for effectif user.isActor() === true && user.attackMotion() !== 'missile'   face user: home   motion walk: user   move user: home, 20endreset camera: 20reset zoom: 20wait for camerawait for zoomwait for movementperform finishwait for movement</finish action>
Thanks for finding the bug! This should fix it:

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js

Anime_Fusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Just to let you guys know, I've updated Battle Engine Core to v1.05.

Now, there's a new target typing: character x

It will detect in the player party if an actor with actor ID x is present and use that actor specifically, allowing you guys to do combo skills with specific actors. :D

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js v1.05

And if you guys want the updated help files:

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_X_ActSeqPack3.js

Happy RPG Making!
Just like Chrono Trigger or Suikoden! I might have to consider using this. Thanks Yanfly!

Also, to anyone who sees this. I found an issue. Not sure what is going wrong on my end. But it has to do with the "Counter Attack" skill. Sometimes, when my playet counters, the enemy Shifts downward really fast. Not sure if this is because my enemies are using the same attack formula as my players, when they jump and attack. perhaps counter attack steals up the timeframe of the action and causes a frame skip? Video example below:

Sindaine

Tired Gamerz Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Sindaine: Hey there. Can you put your sequence in spoilers so it doesn't take up too much of the space? :p Thanks you!

And as for your question, I'm fairly certain what you're trying to do is doable, I did come across a guide Yanfly posted up, perhaps you could find your answer there?

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid=5b384122eea0ef60&page=view&resid=5B384122EEA0EF60!1566&parId=5B384122EEA0EF60!131&authkey=!ADifjezQXuL8DSg&app=Word

I'm assuming it's one of the target actions, such as "move user: actor x" or something like that from within the guide. Good luck!
Hey thanks for the tip. I edited my previous post. I've been looking at the link you sent me. Unfortunately, I still haven't got it to work. Thanks again though.

Sindaine

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Just like Chrono Trigger or Suikoden! I might have to consider using this. Thanks Yanfly!

Also, to anyone who sees this. I found an issue. Not sure what is going wrong on my end. But it has to do with the "Counter Attack" skill. Sometimes, when my playet counters, the enemy Shifts downward really fast. Not sure if this is because my enemies are using the same attack formula as my players, when they jump and attack. perhaps counter attack steals up the timeframe of the action and causes a frame skip? Video example below:
That's rather odd. I can't seem to replicate that.

gloopmaster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for finding the bug! This should fix it:

Thanks! Can confirm the action sequence works... mostly. Now it seems that enemies don't actually collapse until the end of the round (i.e., just before the command menu reappears), and quite honestly I'm stumped. The enemies don't seem to still be properly alive; other actors that were targetting that enemy will now target a new one, and that enemy won't take its turn if it hasn't already, but the sprite still remains on screen until the round ends. (This is using the same action sequence as before; any solution I try seems to just break it more unfortunately.)

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi there, I've been using the standard action sequence that Yanfly added for normal attacks. But my issue that when I apply the same sequence to my basic skills they play out as the normal animation. One skill uses the 'Slash Fire' animation, but with the sequence added in it uses the normal attack animation. Any idea on how to fix that so it uses the allocated animation and not the weapon animation? Thanks.

Anime_Fusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
That's rather odd. I can't seem to replicate that.
I'm pretty sure it has to do with the animation set on the enemy. I believe that counter attack overrides the finishing duration of the enemy, so it appears they go back in formation, but are still by character. I'm going to mess with it. and see if I can find a solution. It's not a huge deal, can't be too complex to fix!

Actually, how is the counter attack animation determined? If it is like attack and linked to a skill, Maybe I can mess with the counter timing to fix the issue?

wizaerd

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm pretty sure it has to do with the animation set on the enemy. I believe that counter attack overrides the finishing duration of the enemy, so it appears they go back in formation, but are still by character. I'm going to mess with it. and see if I can find a solution. It's not a huge deal, can't be too complex to fix!

Actually, how is the counter attack animation determined? If it is like attack and linked to a skill, Maybe I can mess with the counter timing to fix the issue?
I have been inquiring about difficulties with counter attacks for two days, and all my messages have gone unanswered. It's screwed up with just basic counter attacks as well, having nothing to do with an additional skill.  But I've yet to get any answer about it at all...

Anime_Fusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have been inquiring about difficulties with counter attacks for two days, and all my messages have gone unanswered. It's screwed up with just basic counter attacks as well, having nothing to do with an additional skill.  But I've yet to get any answer about it at all...
Damn. Well, i'll keep digging and if I find anything i'll let you know. Hopefully, it gets looked at if it's not just me then!

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've been trying to replicate and solve the whole counter mess but I haven't had much luck. Sorry folks. (I'm not using counter at all in my game either, so I guess I had really run into the issue)

Anime_Fusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Anyone know how to cast animation just on the map, like in the center? Thanks!

Example:

<Target Action>

motion chant: user

zoom: 120%, 30

wait for zoom

Cast animation 139, map?

wait for animation

camera focus: target

zoom: 120%, 30

wait for zoom

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Anime_Fusion: I'm sure you could accomplish that by being creative with the actual animation in the database no? Setting it to "SCREEN" and adjusting the size of it?

Edit: Although...adding that option to the action sequences would be pretty cool.

I'm sure in a long-winded way, you could still do it...

For example, if you're using Opacity in your skills, and you're doing "opacity not focus: 0%" you could then move one of your allies who are invisible to the middle, and then cast the animation on them.

Wait until the animation is done, and then move the invisible ally back to their home spot, then at the end of the skill, you could reset the opacity with "opacity not focus: 100%  and boom...problem solved! :D

wizaerd

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been trying to replicate and solve the whole counter mess but I haven't had much luck. Sorry folks. (I'm not using counter at all in my game either, so I guess I had really run into the issue)
I had hoped maybe Yanfly would pop up to give either some advice, or some kind of solution...  I'm not normally one to yell out "bug" the first time something doesn't work as expected, but I'm starting to think this might qualify...

As far as replicating, just assign a 100% counterattack state to a character, and in battle have an enemy that just does a basic attack against that character.  As I said, I don;t hae anything fancy or any other plugins other than the whole suite (well 98%) of Yanfly plugins.  Only made the one basic attack action sequence (actually copy & pasted from here)... No other fancy skills, or weapons, or anything... Basic of the most basic.

Lynks

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Hey guys, sorry of this has been answered/is a noob question.

Ok, so I have an item that my character finds at some point. The item is a gun that teaches him a Special ability to fire it in combat. Note an item, not a weapon. His weapon is a cane to begin with.

How would I set it up so that it looks like he fires a gun when he uses this particular ability?

Edit: another question. How would I implement it so that ability can only be used three times?

Anime_Fusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey guys, sorry of this has been answered/is a noob question.

Ok, so I have an item that my character finds at some point. The item is a gun that teaches him a Special ability to fire it in combat. Note an item, not a weapon. His weapon is a cane to begin with.

How would I set it up so that it looks like he fires a gun when he uses this particular ability?

Edit: another question. How would I implement it so that ability can only be used three times?

One way you could do it, is set it up like this, then just add 3 to your inventory. Each one could represent the bullet! <easiest way I can think of. You would have to add a formula for attack dmg though. forgot to do that lol.

Anime_Fusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Okay, so this just started last night and I have no clue why. I even restarted my computer. Even with death break in the formula, my enemies aren't dying til the end of a turn instead of skill end. So I have have, let's say a rat with 120 hp. After getting attacked by 4 characters and even stacking upwards to 9999 damage. It still won't die til end turn. I haven't changed anything and this only JUST started happening. Would it be a computer issue? Maybe my resources are getting to large in my game file? If anyone has experienced this issue, please let me know if you found a solution. Thanks!

UPDATE: I updated all Yanfly plug-ins and now it works fine. If you have this issue, get the plug-ins at:

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
how do i make it so my enemies die and disappear at the end instead of in the middle of the attack when my guy is hitting them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:
If you could fold a sheet of paper 42 times, the stack would reach from the earth to the moon. Do whatever you want with that information.
wishing that everyone stays safe at this time
Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AstolfoSami